[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Falkands War V2 War Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

How would a Falklands War V2 go down now? How long would it last? Who would take what sides?

I think it's fair to assume that Trump would join in on our side with at least minimal support.

Pic related, could trigger something.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/826396/falklands-secret-plan-argentina-flag-spark-chaos
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>34488514
>secretly plant flag on the islands
>no one knows it's there because the island is empty and if you tell anyone it'll get taken down
>>
>>34488514

>I think it's fair to assume that Trump would join in on our side

Fuck you. We're going to take the island for ourselves. If the Spic Nazis don't like it, perhaps Mr. Macri should be reminded of what happens to deposed leaders of countries invaded by America. (hint: it ain't pretty).
>>
>>34488514
They pulled it off initially in the 80s because nobody was expecting that shit at all, these days there's enough hardware on that island they'd have a difficult time even pulling off a troll mission like that. They'd be better off going as tourists and having a quick dress-up photo session somewhere quiet than trying something like that.

As for a full scale war unless they somehow got the US to back them fully and provide a carrier group as support there wouldn't be any contest, Britain has a modern military with decent navy+airforce, plus an army that actually has training and morale. Argentina has for the most part no navy, at least in terms of vessels that can put to sea, an airforce that hasn't changed hugely from the 80s bar adding rust and still a shitty army that wouldn't want to go any distance in a straight fight beyond a few elite units.

They got to the islands in the 80s because nobody was expecting it, and were able to make a fight of things because they were somewhat decently equipped at the time, now neither is true, and a 30 year gap in technology is a huge deficit to overcome these days, especially if you need to fight across an expanse of ocean.
>>
>>34488514
>How long would it last? Who would take what sides?

It wouldn't get started.
The Argentinian Navy and Airforce are still mostly using the same kit as the first one, but the garrison now has a proper AA net and approx 4000 troops. If they ssomehow managed to land enough troops to take the islands it'd be bloody enough we wouldn't have to hold back like last time and we'd introduce their government and military command to sub launched cruise missiles against the mainland.

There's also a modern attack sub and a Destroyer in the area to make things more difficult for them.
>>
>the express
>>
>>34488604
If anything, the argie navy and af is even worse of these days. Half their navy is tied up in port doing 'lol barrel rolls" ffs
>>
>>34488759

The Argie navy had a ship reposed by

>GHANA

That's right, a broke dick African country reposed an argie ship. Argentina will never, ever retake the Falklands. Ever.
>>
>>34488604
>a Destroyer

RN destroyer gets introduced to the cargo ship of peace. What now?
>>
>>34488816
RN destroyer is not USN destroyer, evades succesfully.
>>
>>34488816
Any update on the story behind that? Was it just a mistake?
>>
>>34488816
Cargo ship of peace is introduced to the torpedo of reasoned discussion
>>
>>34488831
Last I read on it it seemed like Crystal was grossly negligent in perhaps not having anyone on the bridge/awake around the time of the collision, Fitz was also apparently negligent in not noticing the Crystal change onto a collision course until it was too late.
Final report wont be around for a while I guess, and if there is found to be notable fault on the part of Fitz it might well get buried on release, or at least attempted to be.
>>
>>34488556
Russia would give us S-400 systems and then it's bye bye US jets
>>
>>34488892

I mean, had your country being a bit smarter with it's neetbux, you wouldn't need to rely on S-400's. You'd have you own jets to fight the other jets.

But no, your country decided huffing petrol and pushing donkeys off tower blocks was a much better way of spending your neetbux.

How's that going for you anyway?
>>
>>34488828
RN destroyer gets introduced to warm water
>>
>>34488514
Argentina military is a shambles. 80% of budget goes to payroll, they've got like 12 AAV's, Air Force can't afford to fly, and what's left of the navy the still floats is stud in port because they can't afford to fuel or repair their own boats.

UK has a company of soldiers, a couple eurofighters, and a SAM net on the islands. Reinforcements are 72hrs away.

The whole concept of Argentina fighting a war anywhere is laughable.
>>
>>34488913
>RN destroyer gets introduced to warm wate

Off the Falklands?
In July-September?
how abut nope.
>>
>>34488913
Obviously survives since it's made it far enough south to be in the region of the Falklands.
>>
>>34488916
>UK has a company of soldiers, a couple eurofighters,

More than a company, 4 Typhoons + helicopters. over 1,000 military personnel.
>>
This video seems relevant to the question, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on the topic myself to guess how accurate it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fg5amio4jU
>>
>>34488933
Reinforces my point.
>>
>>34489045
Its fairly accurate, the Falklands are retardedly heavily defended given how few people live there, and the Argentine military is utter shit
>>
>>34489045
That also doesn't mention that there's rumoured to often if not always be a RN sub lurking around the southern atlantic as well, of course such deployments tend not to be public knowledge because that kind of counters half the point of having nuclear subs, but it's entirely feasible and indeed highly likely that at any increased tensions or signs of a possible attack at least one sub would be redeployed there if not already in the area, again another area that the UK has a huge advantage in since the Astutes are modern boats and among the best in the world, maybe even the best until the USN rolls out their next generation of subs, and certainly capable of trashing anything Argentina could put out to sea.

>>34489215
>the Falklands are retardedly heavily defended given how few people live there
Agreed the commitment there is in logical terms far greater than is needed to counter the current Argentine military, it's there because the UK can afford to do it as a massive "fuck you, you really think you're hard enough to come have another go you cunts?" at the Argies.
>>
File: 1422564190587.gif (1MB, 435x331px) Image search: [Google]
1422564190587.gif
1MB, 435x331px
>>34488514
> Argies get caught planting flag
> arrested for littering
>>
>>34488786
Oh come on. A wealthy hedge fund asked Ghana to prevent it from refueling, and it is a training ship with masts for fucking sails.

So it being stuck there isn't because the Arg navy is weak, it is because it is broke and this ship can't fight its way out of anything.. So if they had the $20MM to give to the Ghanans to hand over to the hedge fund, AND I'M SURE THE GHANANS WOULD NOT STEAL ANY OF IT, they could sail it out of there.
>>
File: 1499188705909.jpg (11KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1499188705909.jpg
11KB, 325x325px
>>34488514
terribly for the argies
>>http://en.mercopress.com/2012/11/22/argentine-navy-short-on-spares-and-resources-for-training-and-maintenance
>>https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/argentine-destroyer-that-led-war-against-britain-sinks-a-symbol-of-decay-for-once-proud-navy/2013/01/23/00533246-6590-11e2-889b-f23c246aa446_story.html?utm_term=.e32b6b1385d5

dont forget that Falklands also has a fully integrated AA missile defense system in Rapier 2.

often a type 47 figate in towm

probs nuclear sub

resident infantry company / RMs detachment

airforce and naval personnel

local TA regiment. doubt they'd have time to make landfall
>>
Britain should have bombed Argentina during the war. Make an example out of them. What kind of pussy tolerates that shit?
>>
>>34490767
the same sort of pussy that leaves a warzone after 11 dudes kill 3000 people by flying a plane into two buildings.
>>
>>34490831
>warzone

What "warzone" was that? Explain yourself.
>>
I just realized how mediocre the Brits and the Argies firepower are compared to their Falklands War firepower.
>>
>>34490831
Wat?
>>
>>34490767
Given the relatively decent state of the Argentine military at the time it was probably considered an extreme risk option that didn't directly help the aim of getting the Falklands back.

Remember the RAF could only get 1 aircraft there and back again on any given raid which isn't nearly enough to cripple a military from the air, and a solo penetration of mainland Argentina's air defences would have been an interesting tasking to say the least. Whilst the capability was also there to start nuking the argies that would have gone down rather poorly on the world stage, as would a campaign of conventional bombing raids on their cities.

By keeping combat restricted to the islands and the immediate area of the South Atlantic around them Britain was able to play a prettier hand worldwide portraying the argies as the aggresor and maintaining if not support then at least indifference in public opinion. Worst case scenario would have been doing something heavy handed that led to other european countries or worse yet the US flipping and intervening or even threatening to do so.
>>
>>34490949
This. Not everyone in the world is a shit-flinging retard who thinks "making an example out of them" wouldn't have hurt the UK more in the long run.

Also lol on the Argies and their country falling into shit... I thought fascism was supposed to be this great thing that never failed?
>>
The only one who wins in a Falkland War 2.0 is the eternal Hue.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.