[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HK416 just started replacing FAMAS in French Army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: k5CauWp[1].jpg (80KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
k5CauWp[1].jpg
80KB, 1024x682px
It's the end of an era, until now the HK416 only equipped some COS (spec ops) troops.It is now being deployed in regular units, 100-120k rifles are being issued in the coming years.
What do you think of the rifle in its military/civilian version and it's 308 cartridge brother?Pic Related French airborne commando.
>>
Old news. By all accounts decent rifles, but the civ versions have shit barrels and aren't worth the pricetag.
>>
here lays the FAMAS

he never had good mags
>>
>>34488160
Hopefully they won't jam when they start retaking Marseille North or Paris.

Ha who am I kidding, the french military is 50% non-white.
>>
>>34488238
At this rate it won't be long before they reach American levels.
>>
>>34488160
>Getting rid of the famases with the remote controls.

DOWNGRADE PIERRE DOWNGRADE NON
>>
File: Fag Jams HK416.webm (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fag Jams HK416.webm
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>34488160
It's a great rifle that has been vastly overhyped by aggressive HK marketing and fanboys. It's very expensive and very well built but not faultless. I think the french will really like it....right up to the point when they get the bill for replacement parts.
>>
File: csG5ZMS.jpg (173KB, 1575x1048px) Image search: [Google]
csG5ZMS.jpg
173KB, 1575x1048px
>let's get rid of indigenous small arms manufacturing in favor of overpriced german AR clone

and what will happen if your relations with germany sour tomorrow morning?
>>
>>34488343
>let's get rid of indigenous small arms manufacturing
You realize they haven't produced a new Famas in like, 15 years? The local manufacturing ship has long sailed.
>>
WTF FAMAS is the only reason I'm joining the Legion!!!! DELET THIS
>>
>>34488160
100k rifles could barely equip the whole armed forces, considering logistic sufficiency of 2.5 rifles per soldier (one in his/her possession, one in the armories and half as spares)
>>
>>34488363
Really? If that's true you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>34488426
That and homosex.
>>
why don't they just make their own ar clone with whatever specs they want and not pay hk an arm and a leg
>>
>>34488363
dude dont fall for da memes
>>
>>34488660
Because GIAT/Nexter sold off or destroyed all the jigs in 2000 and all the people associated with the Famas have moved on or retired. This means that the French state arms group now has zero institutional knowledge of designing small arms, even something open-source like an AR. This is the exact situation that spawned the L85, so the French naturally would prefer to outsource in order to avoid fuckups.
>>
File: 1337719182528.png (28KB, 205x222px) Image search: [Google]
1337719182528.png
28KB, 205x222px
>>34488343
What, you thought that wasn't part of our plan?
>>
>>34488160
Do they really use just a 16" barrel?
>>
>>34488690
jesus christ, this is retarded. why would you destroy your arms industry on purpose
>>
A part of me wishes for civilian famas's over here in the US, but I know it won't happen.
>>
>>34488698
because post-ww2 europe
>>
>>34488160
So now they can surrender in style.
>>
>>34488707
They're for moderate beheaders unfortunately
>>
>>34488707
It did happen, you're just too young
>>
>>34488698
Cost savings presumably. All the more bizarre because France has a history of being extremely nationalist towards their arms industry.
>>
Short version for armoured crews still is as long as a Famas. FFS conventionnal layout why u do this ?
>>
>>34489700
BARREL BAD AR GOOD BARREL BAD AR GOOD
>>
>>34489700
Strange that they wont just give crews something like Mp7's instead
>>
>>34489764
They'd have to buy a lot of completely new guns with completely new boolits to feed them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.