[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clarification on the Bowie Knife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0090.jpg (50KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
50KB, 800x584px
After the recent bill repealing some dumb knife laws in Texas, I've heard several times people and YT pundits refer to the Bowie Knife as a Texan invention. Jim Bowie carried his knife at the Alamo, but James Black made the first designs in ARKANSAS.

The Bowie Knife is ARKANSAN.
>>
I will (knife) fight you over this. Clearly Texas has a a Knife history and culture almost as rich as ours, but the Bowie Knife and the Arkansas Toothpick are inventions of fiery Arkansan pride
>>
Bowie is a Kentuckian so clearly we should get the credit. I mean, let's be honest here, Kentucky has a shit load of badass folk. We've got Jim Bowie, Daniel Boone, Kit Carson, Husband Kimmel, Franklin Sousley, and more. What do y'all bring to the table?
>>
>>34486864
>Made by a man from new jersey in arkansas for a man from kentucky who grew up in louisiana and died in texas
Truly an american invention... if you're willing to consider a large knive with a clip point an "invention".
>>
>>34486864
It's from Tennessee. Why else would it be killed a Tennessee toothpick?
>>
>>34486864
Who else is going to get a sword cane to walk around with it once just because you can now?
>>
Ohio and West Virginia. We had the Wetzel brothers.
>>
>>34489037
Sorry for the non-sequitur. Meant for >>34488075
>>
>>34486864
I thought the first Bowie knife was used in some brawl in either Natchez, MS or Vidalia, LA.
>>
>>34489178
The Sandbar Fight, pretty badass story.
>>
>>34486864
Actually, the "Bowie" design hales back to ancient Europe and the middle east. Bowie only added his name to it. Further, the style of knife usually referred to as a Bowie has nothing at all to do with the style of knife James Bowie actually carried, being instead a general Moorish/Spanish/Mexican knock off.
>>
>>34488829
/thread

sage and report this shit thread please
>>
>>34488829
the rest of the posts are biting on bait
>>
I just fucking glad people can finally carry this iconic weapon. Its insane that a ban stayed on the books as long as that (around 150 years).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.