[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nunchucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: nunchucks.jpg (108KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nunchucks.jpg
108KB, 800x800px
Are nunchucks good for fighting other people or are they useless in an actual fight?
>>
>>34485630
Also, would it be a better weapon if it's made out of metal like the picture?
>>
>>34485630
no
>>
>>34485630
They're useful in an actual fight as much as any weapon is useful to a skilled fighter.
>>
>>34486115
Absolutely. Training =results. There was a couple of police stations in Cali that started carrying them to use as restrain and manipulation tools.
>>
>>34486159
No, they didn't
>>
>>34485630
They are if your Bruce Lee
>>
Take them for what they are.

Okinawans used rice-beating tools (nunchucks) as weapons when the Japanese took away their swords and sheilds back in the day.

Did the Okinawans use them effectively? Yes, among other improvised weapons.

Are they the best option today? Probably not.
>>
>>34486294
I'm a tard, I meant swords and spears, but you get the idea.
>>
>>34486200
False nigga. I know a couple of LEOs that carry them to lock people the fuck down with. CO not CA. Fuuck Cali. Shit cost too much and there's too many darkies.
>>
Banned for carry in CA, so you know it's dangerous.
>>
The crazy flippy shit isn't, but you don't need to do that to use them. Used practically, they're good for beatings and can be used to help lock up limbs and necks.
>>
>>34486406
No you don't
>>
>>34486647
Fuck bro I'd put my next 2 paychecks on it. They were my PPCT trainers.
>>
>>34486730
pics
>>
>>34486741
Pics that I ain't took from 5 months ago. Sorry g. Ideally you won't find out the hard way. Whatchu do for a living?
>>
>>34486406
Opn, you don't see too many of them around

>>34485630
A straight stick is better

On one of the fight science shows they tested nunchucks and found that the flexible joint bleeds away a lot of energy, a straight stick transfers energy more efficiently
>>
It's better than nothing. Especially if you're fighting someone that doesn't have anything.
>>
>>34485630
i imagine the hardest part is getting the right distance on the swing and maintaining enough distance so they get the full force of the swing and not cutting the momentum short
>>
>>34485630
>Are nunchucks good for fighting other people
Yes but I wouldn't ascribe them any special value, considering the history of similar weapons in other parts of the world nunchuks probably started out as a farm tool that people realized they could weaponize and while such weapons are generally better than fists they're not quite up there with things built from the ground to be weaponry.
>>
>>34487264
>built from the ground to be weaponry
*built from the ground up to be weaponry
>>
>>34486774
Call out liars on Peruvian Alpaca Rancher Message Boards.
>>
Nunchucks are to batons what balisongs are to knives. In the hands of a skilled individual they're quite flashy and impressive. In the hands of a retarded wigger they're excellent entertainment when said wigger maims himself with the thing.
>>
>>34485630
If you had them and the other guy was unarmed you would have an advantage. You might also have an advantage over a knife, but not many other weapons. Difficult to use.
>>
>>34487133
Lol, nope!
Hardest thing is getting used to the random "bounce back" from actually hitting something. Unless you practice immediately redirecting the weapon's momentum into another swing, you'll end up hitting yourself half of the time...
Best way to get used to it is practice on a punch or kick bag.
>>
>>34485630
Forget everything you've seen Bruce Lee do with nunchucks. Bare in mind, this is one of a category of weapons used by illiterate Japanese peasant farmers. The proper technique to use one was to firmly grasp one end, and then beat the ever loving shit out of your opponent with it in as unceremonious and bloody a fashion as possible.
>>
>>34487515
But wouldn't just a stick be better? Especially since you can put nails in sticks so that they can tear flesh too.
>>
>>34487537
Absolutely, but while a baton or club may catch the eye of your local lord, nobody thinks twice about a peasant with a thresher.
>>
>>34485630
they are rice thrashers if you want a modern equivalent buy a maglite
>>
>>34487537
There is no worse improvised weapon than the nail bat. A regular louisville slugger far and away more effective. A nail bat will hurt a person, badly even, it's true, but it will also get stuck in them making a follow up strike impossible. If you don't get an instant incapacition you're fucked.

A nail's purpose is to join things together without them coming apart, why would it work any different in flesh?
>>
>>34487485
what can you expect from a leaf(me)?
they're legally the same status as a full auto mg(prohibited).
>>
>>34486200
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/10/28/452508572/small-california-town-gives-its-police-nunchucks-as-non-lethal-alternative
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/us/california-police-equipment-nunchucks/index.html
>>
File: IMG_0079.jpg (26KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0079.jpg
26KB, 280x210px
>>34486810
Straight sticks are heavier and slower and are way harder to carry around town. Bruce Lee carries his nunchucks around to places in his movies, and only really took interest in a special version of nunchucks called tabak-toyok, which had longer chains for range and smaller clubs for making it faster and more concealable. Keep in mind were talking about the guy who carried a 1911 around IRL because he didnt actually believe any of that shit in his movies was practical.

>>34487515
>illiterate farmers
Martial artists developed their techniques, not farmers
Theyre pretty much how >>34487399 put it.
>>
>>34485630
>Are nunchucks good for fighting other people or are they useless in an actual fight?

If you're a retard who doesn't know how they work then you're probably going to hit someone with them and then hit yourself with them.

If you know how to use them (basically a flail) they would be okay. Not significantly better than just using a baton.
>>
>>34485630
As long as you yell something in japanese every time you swing them you will do at least 200% damage. You could probably chop a gun in half with them like batman if you did enough situps first.
>>
The amount of training you need just to use them without hurting yourself compared to mastering say, the infinitely superior spear, is insane.
But if you can use them nobody will be able to touch you with bare hands or a short knife.
My dad was a karate guy back before everything got pussified by liberals, and even the rubber ones he showed me his moves with knocked the wind clear out of me.
>>
>>34485630
Depends on both of people.
Can you use it?
If no then useless. Just grab the body of it and punch the person with dull end. Or you can lock him down it the chain part of nunchucks.

You can use but other guy has a gun?!
Glock time then. Useless nunchucks.

You both has nunchucks? And can use?
Well broken ribs.
>>
File: .25ACP Colt 1908 subcompact.jpg (44KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
.25ACP Colt 1908 subcompact.jpg
44KB, 640x427px
>>34487905
>carried a 1911 around IRL because he didnt actually believe any of that shit in his movies was practical
No, he carried a gun because he was worried that someone would come at him with a gun for any number of reasons and he wasn't dumb enough to think fists beat bullets. Also, AFAIK the only reputable source for him carrying any particular firearm was one of his students and it was pic related. I've never seen a reputable source for the 1911/.357 claims but feel free to surprise me if you've got one.
>>
You could spend years training to get good with a pair of nunchucks or you can hit someone with a baseball bat
>>
>>34488267
Eh, not really. Get a good grip on one and tuck the other under your arm and you can swing it around without any self-risk. It's only when you start to utilize both sticks with a single motion that you risk hurting yourself.
>>
its just a flail,A bo staff is a staff, you can twirl it around like a fucktard, or beat people with it. Nunchucks are a stick you can fold in half that hits harder, and thats what gangsters used them for, not spinning them. Also 80s lapd had nunchucks n shet watch cops season 1
>>
>>34485630
they are good for scaring libtards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6H-8_VE6Oc
>>
>>34489844
I'll rape your butthole with both sticks after you swing and miss

>>34490346
You swing them for being scurreh, which is half their appeal
>>
You'll more than likely knock yourself out with them unless you've trained with them.
>>
>>34486433

ditto in WA state, they are specifically mentioned with the laws for firearms, same rules, classified as a weapon etc
>>
>>34485630
Unless you practice with them on a regular basis, I would say these are useless. I like them, and carried them for a while, but there are other more practical options. Also; more mass=(potentially) more force, so it could be better if they are made out of metal, but I don't prefer it
>>
>>34488214
>As long as you yell something in japanese every time you swing them

This. For most people, they are just an excuse to scream before they get their ass kicked.
>>
>>34486294
>Okinawans
> rice-beating tool
Color me impressed anon, you are among a small minority of people that know this.
>>
File: google it.png (203KB, 678x990px) Image search: [Google]
google it.png
203KB, 678x990px
>>34486200
google you stupid faggot
>>
>>34485630
They're better than nothing

nunchucks look cool to flip around, but they're most lethal when you wrap them around a nigs neck and lever his throat closed
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.