[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Officer vs Enlisted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 32

File: Cfj4eQfUYAEXmUG.jpg (35KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
Cfj4eQfUYAEXmUG.jpg
35KB, 600x456px
Hey /k/, I've seen some of the enlistment general threads and I was hoping some of you AD or retired guys could offer me some advice.

So I just graduated highschool, I'm 18 so inb4 underage, and I'm looking to start my career in the armed forces.

Right now I'm leaning towards either Navy or Marine Corps. I think I'm fit for both Navy special warfare and MARSOC, but I just can't decide. And before you go assuming shit, I'm 5'9" 180lbs. My 1.5 mile time is 10:46, max push ups is 48, max sit ups is 68, so I'm good enough for any unit.

My biggest dilemma is officer or enlisted. Obviously officers are better and make more money and live more comfortably, but enlisted do more operational tasks. I can do both, but if you were in my shoes, what would you do?
>>
File: Sergeant Major Sixta - manlet.jpg (36KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
Sergeant Major Sixta - manlet.jpg
36KB, 636x476px
Be like this cool guy. He put in the hard work. He works for a living. You want to work for a living, don't you?

If I as an enlistedfag can suffer, everyone else should suffer alongside me.
>>
Officer is probably a better career path, enlisted might be more interesting if you're planning on doing one deployment and bailing.

It all depends on how much you enjoy the suck.
>>
File: crabs in a bucket.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
crabs in a bucket.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
Is this an accurate depiction of everyone in the enlisted corps?
>>
>>34483969
I don't really know who that is, and I don't really care for you either. I won't suffer, I'll thrive wherever I end up, believe me. I'm not your run of the mill soldier.
>>
File: 1493542079706.jpg (236KB, 694x958px) Image search: [Google]
1493542079706.jpg
236KB, 694x958px
>>34483958
>My 1.5 mile time is 10:46, max push ups is 48, max sit ups is 68, so I'm good enough for any unit
you dont even meet minimum

>either Navy
unless you go to the naval academy (which you dont cause plebe summer already started and youre not there) dont be an officer in the navy

>or Marine Corps
youre on 4chan, so youre not the type

>Obviously officers are better and make more money and live more comfortably
and require a 4 year degree

>but enlisted do more operational tasks
theres an officer on every mission

>but if you were in my shoes, what would you do?
go to university, do rotc, join the army, try to knock out a couple of schools
>>
>>34483983
>nuke
>>
File: 1481175454651.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1481175454651.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>34483958
>5'9" 180lbs
Manlet. The only special service you'd be good at is working for Willy Wonka as a "tactical" Oompa Loompa.
>>
>>34483958
100% of marines are complete niggers, in a shocking twist of fate compared to literally every other country, the USN appears to be, from my admittedly limited experience, full of fairly normal and likeable people who are decent at their jobs and decent human beings to boot

Go Navy, and go Officer because officers make more.

Some people will raise a stink about how officers are stuffy and mean and hoity-toity and think they're better than others and all that, but in the real work environment, you'll be just like any other middle manager. Take an interest in NCM stuff and learn the trades you're overseeing and be friendly and sociable and willing to catch a beer after work, and people will like you. Be a stereotypical officer who thinks anyone without bars and loops (including the well-salted POs and Warrants or even Master Seamen (or w/e the equivalent is in the US)) is beneath them even though you're just an acting subbie, and you'll be hated. honestly, being a stuffy officer is no better than being an NCM who thinks they're an action hero just because they're NCM.

>but enlisted do more operational tasks
Yes, like Cleaning Stations and
officers go to operating theatres and do operator stuff all the time. especially naval officers.

> My 1.5 mile time is 10:46, max push ups is 48, max sit ups is 68, so I'm good enough for any unit.
>implying anyone gives a shit about exact stats on your pushups and shit
j/k youre a huge nigger join the marines as enlisted
>>
>>34483958
You should do whatever fits you best
>>
>>34484023
>you don't even meet the minimum
Fuck you I have time to improve

>theres an officer on every mission
Yeah, AN. Singular, there's a lot more enlisted doing it. Fucking jackwagon.

Yeah I think that might persuade me to go officer, I can tell you're enlisted and I can tell I'm smarter than you so I won't waste my potential.
>>
>>34483958
You don't meet the requirements for Officer - 4 year degree. So if you really want to make the military a career as an Officer - take college courses (they offer them on base) (you can CLEP a lot of them) and get a 2 year degree to meet minimum requirement for them to send you to Officer Candidate School where upon graduation you have so many years to get that 4 year degree.
Your lack of education means if you want to join right now your only choice is enlisted.
>>
>>34484040
Shut the fuck up dude. I may only be 5'9" but I have taken down motherfuckes twice my size. While getting myself into shape before trying to do any of this shit I learned karate and earned a black belt. I could tear your tall cocky ass apart no problem most likely. Not trying to brag though. Be careful who you fuck with asshole.
>>
>>34483984
>>34484072
Posting in a troll thread
>>
>>34484072
lol niggah don't claim you're good enough physically when you know you're not good enough
>>
If you're that big at 5' 9" and can only do 68 sit ups something is wrong. Stout guys should be all core and be able to do a lot more than that.
>>
>>34484072
>I can tell you're enlisted and I can tell I'm smarter than you so I won't waste my potential
>Fucking jackwagon
lol

>>34484093
>Not trying to brag though. Be careful who you fuck with asshole.
LOL
>>
some recruiters gonna talk you into an open contract so fast you dumbass
>>
>>34484120
Yeah post your PT scores then fatbody
>>
File: 1492190912141.webm (993KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492190912141.webm
993KB, 480x480px
>>34484093
Wow. I'm shaking, chief.
>>
>>34483958
Officer
>>
>>34484093

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>34484140
9:04/100/100
and that's not even a good time, that's probably average
100/100 should be minimums
>>
>>34484180
Yeah right lol well where are you from? I'll take a PRT side by side, we'll see fucking faggot.
>>
this thread is utterly ridiculous and is a perfect example of why people hate muhreenz
>>
>>34483958
Do you want a career? Go officer.

Always think "career" even if you aren't sure because that's always the smart path with a way forward.

Forget all you illusions about anything and get with people currently doing the jobs you are considering, and think carefully about what you consider. You aren't even a boot yet so have nofuckingattitude and keep your eyes, ears and mind open.

If you think your shit doesn't stink and piss people off they can wreck your career and you'll never know what hit you or where it came from. They don't need to outrank you to make it happen. However smart you think you are, someone or multiple someones can figure out how to end you with a paper trail.

If you are a maggot you'll torture others but they'll have even bigger fun fucking with your life. If you are an adult professional and learn to lead then you'll rightly be valued.

Start humble or humility will be installed without your consent.
>>
>>34484210
Venice, CA. Come on out to Muscle Beach and we can throw a free swim in too. You're going to need it if you're going to do anything high speed.
>>
>>34484170
>and now i ended up shigposting in 4chan
>>
>>34484048
Spent 9 months on the USS Iwo Jima during Desert Storm in a USMC Helicopter Squadron. The Navy Personnel were a bunch of fuckups. Everything was broken. The water had a rainbow in it and tasted funny. Only cold showers, and half were broken. They did nothing but paint shit grey so you can't see the rust. Half the Seamen (LOL) were Gay... Most of the Chiefs were manlet Philippineo's who no one could understand, trying to get citizenship.
The Officers were a bunch of stuck up douchebags, who never left the few areas of the ship that actually Had Air Conditioning
>>
>>34484248
>shigposting
shitposting
>>
>>34483958
it all comes down to your asfab and if your not white or a female(now including men born with a benis, but have decided you "feel" your a woman).

if your asfab is high go for whatever. enlisted you will be treated like a retard publicly and not be capable of responsibility and JO's get treated like retards behind closed doors, yet are put in charge of senior enlisted and held accountable. if you not white or you happen to be the most fit "woman***" to sign go to any branch you want. they are seriously taking whatever they can get that's "ethinic"
>>
>>34484266
did the same when oir opened up, i'll have you know its exactly the same
>>
>>34483958
Your PT scores are garbage. I know people with triple digit push ups, can do 25 pull ups dead hang, and can run an 08:36 1 1/2 that still fail. And with that mentality I guarantee you won't make it.
>>
File: 1494317559298.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1494317559298.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>34484093
>I learned karate and earned a black belt

>took a bunch of classes with children
>still wasn't the tallest student there
>>
>>34484093
yeah im 5'8" too and I took on a 10'18" man, but this is a blue board so no details.
>>
>>34484266
>Everything was broken. Only cold showers, and half were broken.
thats just ship life, things break and you cant exactly call a contractor to fix it. also the trick is to say "fuck you" and let the shower run when youre far enough out to make water, or to get a kettle and sponge-bathe
>They did nothing but paint shit grey so you can't see the rust.
idk what the yankees use for paint and rustproofing but here in canadia that is also very typical, and the paint itself is the rustproofing/rust treatment. unless it's a moving or structural part rust literally does not matter

>The water had a rainbow in it and tasted funny.
thats not okay. your ship's engineers sucked then.

>Half the Seamen (LOL) were Gay...
i feel as though demographic issues like this are ship-specific, and now that i think about it im the only gay sailor i know

>Most of the Chiefs were manlet Philippineo's who no one could understand, trying to get citizenship.
again, thats weird but probably ship-specific. ship culture is very self-reinforcing since people who like it get good reviews but also try to get back on that ship, while people who dont fit in so good leave and never look at the ship again

>The Officers were a bunch of stuck up douchebags, who never left the few areas of the ship that actually Had Air Conditioning
typical middle management behaviour in any organization. in my experience, officers are either stuck-up gutter trash because they scored high on a test designed for retards, or they're total bros who are the life of the party and always bring the beer, but with no inbetween of just boring normies. theyre either total shit who are like op but not even shitposting and are actually just like that, or are true bros 4 lyf who look out for everyone regardless of department or rank
>>
>>34484979
6'8 and beaten 13'4 dudes myself
>>
>10:46 1.5mile
is this a joke?
>>
File: 1498407063832.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498407063832.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>>34483958
>Navy special warfare and MARSOC
>And before you go assuming shit, I'm 5'9" 180lbs. My 1.5 mile time is 10:46, max push ups is 48, max sit ups is 68
>so I'm good enough for any unit.
>>
>>34485243
whats a mile in km?

i think even walking, i do 2k in about 20 minutes. but at like a leisurely stroll pace, thats how much i budget if im commuting. real time is prolly 15. strolling. enjoying my walk. talking to birds. stopping for lights.
>>
>>34485301
2km would be 1.2 miles
>>
>>34485313
2km is 1.25 miles retard
>>
>>34483958
>I'm fit for both Navy special warfare and MARSOC
>My 1.5 mile time is 10:46, max push ups is 48, max sit ups is 68,

Nigga you better be getting that run time to 9:30 or you ain't even touching a infantry unit.
>>
File: lol.jpg (161KB, 1354x760px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
161KB, 1354x760px
>>34484934

holy shit lol
>>
>>34483983
Nah. There is a lot of good guys that enlisted and I made good friends while I was in. The problem is that they get out as soon as possible and the crabs are the ones who re-enlist.
>>
>>34483984
Thatsbait.jpg
>>
>>34484248
>not knowing old as hell copypasta

Newfags shouldn't be posting.
>>
>>34483958
Go enlisted with that shit mindset and your shit pt.
>>
OP what do you hope to get out of the military?
>>
File: 1488408754716.png (77KB, 583x648px) Image search: [Google]
1488408754716.png
77KB, 583x648px
>>34484093
>5'9
>>
File: Oh Hai Mark.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Hai Mark.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>34484979
>10'18"
>>
File: 1493580689715.jpg (64KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493580689715.jpg
64KB, 960x960px
>>34484093
You should not join any military service if you are this sensitive.
>>
>>34484093
When will they learn?
>>
>>34484093
Oh this is a troll thread my bad. Stay away from any spec ops slesctikn you Manlet fag if real lol
>>
>>34483958
Faggot, you're lacking. Work out more. Go Marine Corps you fucking pussy. If you go to SOI and don't make the cut for MARSOC and you've signed a contract to be a grunt, congratulations you're a grunt. This is the only way I know of to where you won't be sent to where the Corps needs you if you can't hack it. It's a good backup plan to have because literally anything could happen to you and you definitely don't want to be a REMF.
>>
File: IMG_4790.png (715KB, 1337x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4790.png
715KB, 1337x770px
>>34488017
He could probably try out/volunteer for MART while In SOI, if he makes it he could probably start a gig there and ride it out until his first 4 years are up and reenlist for 5 more to try out for MARSOC as a Lance or NCO, or stay with Recon and move up to the Force Recon Companies if he doesn't like being a Batt Boy.
>>
If you wanna kick doors and shoot guns go enlisted. These days PLs and captains are the only officers that see combat and even then it's not their job to get decisively engaged. I know cause I'm an rto whose unit is going to Afghanistan at the end of summer
>>
>>34484093
Oh God I could already see you being that butt hurt NCO or LT who doesn't get his way and makes his subordinates dwell in his entitled shit attitude. Your the reason the military sucks. Just do yourself a favor and join the Marine Corps and go be hooah. And learn to take more shit.

Cool thing though, im assuming you don't know shit about commissioning, but the Marine Corps officers are commissioned through the Navy.

As for advice, I'd do officer. NROTC, you can literally get any job, including combat related, as an officer and you get more pay. If you decide to retire you'll still have a degree and then you can live the rest of your life doing a nice cushy Federal civilian job while getting your pension and TSP.
>>
>>34485243
In the bong army OP wouldnt even qualify for basic infantry unless hes getting under 10:30.
Is this the sort of delusion that all officers have..?
>>
>>34483958
>enlisted do more operational tasks.
>operational tasks

What you mean to say is enlisted do all the bitch work
>>
>>34483958
im enlisted, enlisted are ether bitter horrible people, turning into bitter horrible people, or on their way out of the military, go O the money is better anyway
>>
>>34484093
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
None of you join the Army. We have enough shitbags and Sperglords as it is.
>>
dont join the military unless you are going to make a career out of it. Many people I know joined because they thought it was cool but now regret it and want their 8 to end.

If you don't see your self staying in for more than the minimum, don't enlist your wasting your time. Someone who will get a full career out of it wouldn't be, and we need more people like that.
>>
>>34489388
damn, you drove the nail in one blow
>>
>>34483958
Officer everytiem, unless you're SF, and don't delude yourself, you aren't going to be with 48 pushups.
>>
>>34484093
The Marines are your branch, lol
>>
File: 1496482324472.jpg (87KB, 1001x785px) Image search: [Google]
1496482324472.jpg
87KB, 1001x785px
>>34488369

your boot blousings look like shit

police those sock tops
>>
>>34483958
First off you dont meet the minimum pt requirements to do the pre selection shit for seals. Second, youre about 10lbs overweight.

Since you got big dreams for special shit, go get your degree first. Because one, you need a degree for officer, and two, you need to get in better shape to even try out for this shit.
>>
>>34484093
6'10" guy here

Come at me manlet. I'll lick your teeth in with my 4 foot legs.

Your head is perfect for my knees.

Stay mad napoleonfag.
>>
>>34489900
Nobody gives a fuck about my blousing. Learn a thing or two fgt.
>>
>>34489900
I also bet you the type of nigger that's cares about dress and appearance rather than unit effectiveness.
>>
>>34483958
Hey dude. If you can, and yiu have the grades, go to rotc and go officer. Work on those pt times, cause jrotc doesnt have thr same standards as AD.
>>
You're young and apparently uninformed on how the military is killing more civilians than ISIS is at the moment. There is no good reason to join a group that murders people overtly or covertly. You will not be fighting for my freedom. We will all be free pretty much for the next 100 years. Don't give in to the Cold War scare shit. Seriously dude, there is no such thing as terrorism besides what militaries around the world contribute to. Anyways, you'll be bored as fuck 98% of the time and you probably will train and train and never see combat leaving yourself unfulfilled unless you planning on wasting your life doing 20 years as a slave, saluting your masters like a bitch robot. I urge you not to make this really bad career choice before every choice is made and forced upon you.
>>
>>34483958
>max push-ups is 48
>wants to be a SEAL or Raider
Is this b8?
>>
>>34491006
This guys got the gay.

Also OP you sound like a fag whatever you don don't join the air force you would hate it.
>>
AD Airforce

I'm on my 1st enlistment though, in the first year so I'm pretty shit A1C E3. I planned on using my Montgomery bill to attend college classes somewhere and eventually commissioning after my 6 years is up. Dunno anymore, stuff is going on in my life and I question whether or not this is worth it.
>>
>>34488369
>this niggers blousing

Who are you even? Get some better boots, poorfag.
>>
>>34492168

Don't you have a 5Level to be working on?
>>
>Max pushups 48
>good enough for any unit
Try again noob. 48 is like barely passing by army standards. You'll due during your first smoking sessions. If they even do that
>>
>>34483958

Check into the PLC program for the Marines. Enlist right out of High School. Bootcamp, MOS school, and active duty during the summers and attend college during the school year. Graduate college and go to OCS or serve 2 more years as a reservist or re-enlist.

Gives you a chance to verify if you want to stay enlisted, go to OCS, or opt out and go reservist.
>>
>>34483958
1 do not go enlisted, go officer.

2 DO NOT GO ENLISTED
>>
>>34484048

>butthurt squid that got his seaman loving ass kicked by a Marine detected
>>
>>34492236
He probably still has to do his cdc's. We had a totally waste of space in my shop who believed (I don't know who put this idea in his head) that the commander would waive his CDC. He failed it once and didn't give a shit until about a week until his retest, when someone some how poor the fear of God in him.
>>
>>34492236
:^)
>>34492435
Working on my CDCs right now desu. wew
>>
>>34483958

The officer corps is all about politics and being a "yes man", once you make field grade, and the LT's and CPT's get treated like absolute shit by the staff's that are supposed to support them. That's why so many of our officers decide to resign their commission after their service obligation has been met, and why our senior leaders pretty much suck goat balls and support stupid shit like faggotry and women in the ranks. After all, it's not the senior leaders that have to deal with their shitty decisions, it's the NCO's and company officers that do.

The NCO corps doesn't get super political until the SGM rank, which means you can pretty much spend your entire career in a line unit doing line unit shit if you're good, because good NCO's make or break any unit, and are always in high demand.

You'll make more money as an officer, but you'll also have your soul crushed if you actually give a shit about your job. As an enlisted / NCO, you won't make as much, but you'll have a greater impact on your unit to make them better, which is very rewarding. The only problem is that you'll start to really resent the stupid senior leaders and policy makers that mismanage and abuse the units you work so hard to build and maintain.

Seeing what Obama did to our military was just soul crushing.

Regardless, if I were to do it all over, I'd go Coast Guard. They don't "practice", like the Army or Marines, as they're out their doing their job every day, be it inspection, area denial, or search and rescue.
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (43KB, 852x960px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
43KB, 852x960px
>>34492601
>NCO corps doesn't get super political until the SGM rank
Wrong. The entire senior enlisted corps E-7 and above is involved in it, just with significant;y less pay and less relevance.
>>
>>34492215
Nigga, I'm in maintenance I'm not wearing boots for fashion. And I have an elastic band sewn so it's pretty bloused because I don't feel like tucking in my shit.
>>
>>34492561
AFSC?
>>
>summer day/k/are, where you can't immediately recognize a troll thread
>>
>>34483958
>Shit Pt

Also Green Berets and Delta are the only real SF. Everyone else is just special infantry.

If you wanna kick doors ok, Ranger Bat needs bodies and you don't have the chance of being randomly dropped and being a cook on a Navy ship.

But as I said if you wanna do spook shit go Green Berets.

Army is also a little less autistic than Navy/MC Branch.

>>34484023
This guy is right, your PT sucks, and the Army is a better branch.

>>34484072
Too bad your retarded
>>
>>34492639
>t. bitter fat assed SPC-4
>>
>>34483958
Lmao. 3 mile time was 18:21, max pushups was 73, pullups was 12 and my sit ups was admittedly 51, beat me there. 5'7" 145lbs.
>>
>>34483958
>fake and gay like nearly 99% of 4chinz posts.
Neck beard cunt at it again. You couldn't pass shit with your fake stats anyways. gg no re pleb
>>
File: 1462588021137.jpg (97KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1462588021137.jpg
97KB, 433x419px
>>34485120
>now that i think about it im the only gay sailor i know
>>
>>34488196
25th ID?
>>
File: 1498999482067.jpg (5KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
1498999482067.jpg
5KB, 234x215px
>>34483958
Ill be eligible for OCS and am debating if I want to
>better pay
>better benefits
>probably better job opurtunities
>always looks better
vs
>the responsibility
>coming in as a college kid, telling NCOs who are older then me what to do
>the guilt when/if I fuck up

what should I do? Or better yet, what makes a good Officer vs a shit one
>>
>>34495447
>Listen to your NCOs
>get to understand your subordinates responsibilities but don't micromanage them or second-guess them
>protect the people under your command from the bullshit from above you
>get to know the shitbags in your command and studiously build up a paper trail so you can paperfuck them to death if they keep causing trouble
>keep obsessive documentation, especially of orders you receive, it can and will cover your ass
>do what you can to get shit done for your subordinates if they need shit done
>if you want to get promoted, max out your PT score and brown-nose the people above you (if it doesn't conflict with protecting your subordinates)
>>
>>34495447
>>the guilt when/if I fuck up
the best kind of leaders own up to their mistakes. Its one thing to screw up, its another to try and shift the blame onto others like a weasel. Just admit "yeah that was my bad" and see how it can be improved upon. The best officers I knew could swallow their pride, and that was like 3 of them
>>
>>34492601
>Seeing what Obama did to our military was just soul crushing.

You mean only slightly reducing the rate of funding increases?

What a monster.
>>
>>34495447
>responsibility, the guilt when/if I fuck up
same thing for enlisted
>NCO
dude you're a officer, OFFICER
a BOSS
>>
>>34484023
>>34484086
>>34484120
>>34484362
>>34485427
>>34488369
>>34488739
Yep, all correct
>>
>>34484180
LMFAO 9MIN 2 MILE....WHAT ARE YOU A KENYAN lol gtfo chum your probably not even in the military
>>
>>34483984
shut up poole
>>
>>34483958
> I'm 5'9" 180lbs. My 1.5 mile time is 10:46, max push ups is 48, max sit ups is 68
>fit enough for any unit
>MARSOC

christ man that's maybe okay to get in, but fuck I'm 5'10" 185 lbs and can literally double that shit and I'm not even remotely close to MARSOC fit.
>>
>>34495941
>reading comprehension
>>
>>34484072
>Fuck you I have time to improve
> I can tell you're enlisted and I can tell I'm smarter than you
>getting this triggered over 4chan

You're clearly retarded enough. Join the Marine Corps and mop floors as an e-3 for 4 years with your garbage-class PFT
>>
>>34483958
A 10.46 1.5 mile won't do shit for you if you're trying out for special forces.

I'm in the fucking airforce and I run a 9.03 with 50 p/u 50 s/u.

If you're not running mid 8s you're not gonna be spec ops.

As far as going in enlisted or officer? It can't hurt to apply for the one where you get better pay, better benefits, and get treated like a person.

Nothing wrong with working for a living though.
>>
>>34493504
>Also Green Berets and Delta are the only real SF
>Army is less autistic than Navy/MC

I've spent 7 months on a joint service base and I can tell you there are far more potatoes in the Army by percentage than the Navy, and the Marines keep the stupid shit in the barracks
>>
>>34483958
Officer.
>>
>>34484072
If you are OP and fairly tame internet comments trigger you this much, you have no chance at basic training
>>
>>34484040
>5'9" 180lbs
>>34484093
Go navy, get a tan, youll look like a flip and fit in with the rest of the Chiefs
>>
>>34484023
the academy is the worst commissioning source
>>
>>34485120
>Chiefs were manlet Philippineo's
>again, thats weird but probably ship-specific
Uh, thats like most of the Navy and MM
>>
>>34484048
>officers go to operating theatres and do operator stuff all the time. especially naval officers.

doubt.jpeg
>>
File: airforce.jpg (88KB, 879x960px) Image search: [Google]
airforce.jpg
88KB, 879x960px
>>34492797
faggots like you is why we keep being the weenie hut junior of all military branches

t. former chairfiorce wrench monkey and current chairforce Secfo

i know i hate myself too
>>
>>34496297
>i know i hate myself too

It still needs to be said

>Security Forces
>complaining about somebody else not being manly enough
>>
File: 1429123017404.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429123017404.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>been looking into the military post college
>eligible for OCS, lots of bonus sign ons and maybe even a ranger contract
>has have an interview with the fucking FBI for a job in a month
>took my civil service test, I scored high enough to get a spot at any local or state police academy

Ive gone from a loser to having multiple career opportunities fall into my lap. I mean, its great but im freaking out and dont know what to do
>>
File: 1488568974437.jpg (9KB, 175x217px) Image search: [Google]
1488568974437.jpg
9KB, 175x217px
>>34496506
iktf
>graduate college
>nojobs.gif
>pick up work waiting tables in a restaurant
>do that for three years (kill me)
>bounce around the US renting shitty apts in shitty areas in shitty cities
>decide to join the navy
>take asvab
>97
>have_you_considered_the_nuclear_program.jpg
>officer recruiter notices my gpa is gud
>steals me from enlisted recruiter
>take the OAR
>gud score
>"you have a future as a Surface Warfare Officer, get to work on your background check"
Feels like my head is spinning, in a good way though
>>
File: 1455816458564.jpg (55KB, 330x479px) Image search: [Google]
1455816458564.jpg
55KB, 330x479px
>>34484934
oh my fuckin hat, i lost it.
>>
>>34496506
>Ive gone from a loser to having multiple career opportunities fall into my lap. I mean, its great but im freaking out and dont know what to do

Just stay on track and take advantage of the opportunities afforded to you. This time last year I had no idea I'd be doing what I'll be doing in a month and a half, it just kind of fell into my lap. But I've had to stay on target.
>>
>>34496648
>Surface Warfare Officer
>Head spinning at the fact the he could potentially serve in the lamest unrestricted line community

How does it feel being that much of a cuck?
>>
>>34497503
>t. buttmad enlisted-cuck
>>
>>34496297
Ayy nigga I ain't complaining, the per diem and tdy's are nice. All I gotta do is keep my nose clean. Is secfo just as bad as MX?
>>
>I think I'm fit for MARSOC
Lol nope you're not fit for MARSOC
>>
>>34483969
POLEECE THAT (pusy) MOOSTACHE
>>
>>34492293
what about EOD and other non direct combat MOS's, officers don't get to do shit
>>
>>34493504
>Also Green Berets and Delta are the only real SF
>Everyone else is just special infantry.
You forgot about the coast guard's port security unit.
>>
>>34483958
troll thread. your pfa scores are fucking garbage. Im at 9:03 mile and a half, 70 pushups, 103 situps last cycle and that wasnt even that great compared to other dudes in the subforce.
Your scores are bare minimum to get the contract, drop out of A-school because of being out of shape, and get sent undes to chip paint.
Dont bother unless youre full high outstanding, im helping you out right now. Youre gonna have to slim down from beefman to lean mass.
>>
>>34483958
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha best bait.
>>
>>34483958
well 18 year old. I am a former enlisted. Here is some advice; Dont live in a realm of pretend. Your life revolves around your spending power, which enables you to enjoy tasks outside of your work. Officers rake in as much money for housing allowance as a fucking E-3 at at O-3, so pontificate on that. I hung out with a few officers who knew damn well they were only doing the military life for the minimum contract, and lived as such, with 3 guys to a house raking in those sweet warbux.

You wanna deploy, be rickey rescue, a real action hank? Officers make their own jobs to an extent if they arent pilots, etc. Find out who does interrogations, go from there.

While you are in get every scrap of education and certification you can.
>>
>>34494856
pls dont make fun of me
>tfw have to get my gay fix by hanging out on furry IRCs over defence WANs

no bully pls no bully ;^;
>>
>>34496254
ships need more than a captain. navigators and heads of departments are generally officers. junior officers come along for the ride for training purposes as well.
>>
>>34495608
>What is DOS rollbacks
>>
>>34498565
>tfw fcc
>tfw pulling six figures and ten months tax free free last three years
>>
>>34483958

Why is every highschool faggot starting with:
>speshul operayeshuns
>officer

Neither you autist. You obviously are borderline retarded, hence why you kept AF off the list.

I'm sure you'll do wonderful in the muhrines.
>>
File: Bunch of faggots.jpg (142KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
Bunch of faggots.jpg
142KB, 880x587px
>>34495608
Pic related: the Obama army of faggots
>>
>>34507770
I'm just a sweet transvestite
>>
File: 1489594872312.jpg (570KB, 1324x2096px) Image search: [Google]
1489594872312.jpg
570KB, 1324x2096px
>>34483984
>I'm not your run of the mill soldier.

Ok master chief.
>>
>>34509317

Fuck off, degenerate. I am not only better than your average soldier. I am capable of taking out multiple people at once in a fight. I have actually even been talked to by a Nay SEAL recruiter. He said that I all i have to do is go through boot and once I get through that shit I will be assigned to a SEAL unit. So yeah, not your average soldier.
>>
File: 1470882593731.jpg (13KB, 349x311px) Image search: [Google]
1470882593731.jpg
13KB, 349x311px
>>34509336
I dont even wanna try to explain to you what's wrong with that. If you really believe that you should just enlist in the army. You will fit right in.
>>
>>34484093
>smuganimegirl.jpg
>>
>>34509348

I already have my SEAL Call sign designated.
>>
File: 1485062156190.jpg (47KB, 383x504px) Image search: [Google]
1485062156190.jpg
47KB, 383x504px
Watch out,guys! We've got Solid Snake here!
>>
I was in similar situation as you OP. I ended up just doing 4 years enlisted to see if I like it, got out went to college and joined ROTC. Pretty happy with my choices starting MS2 this fall (ya I know I could have skipped the first two years but I'm doing them any way)
The only thing that sucks is that the other cadets make me want to blow my fucking brains out on the regular
>>
File: 1465594762491.jpg (29KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
1465594762491.jpg
29KB, 500x244px
>>34509387
>>
>>34484023
>navy academy or nill
Dude, navy is the best to go ocs after coast guard
>>
File: 1479418009486.jpg (8KB, 326x179px) Image search: [Google]
1479418009486.jpg
8KB, 326x179px
>>34484040
>>
>>34483958
1. Join as an officer.
2. Join the Air Force.
2a. Failing that, join the Navy.
3. Failing all of that, get really good at running. A 10 mile death run because somebody killed a hooker is a lot less punishing to the guy can run a 16 minute 3 mile than the guy who can only run a 20 minute 3 mile.
>>
>>34484093
>Shut the fuck up dude. I may only be 5'9" but I have taken down motherfuckes twice my size. While getting myself into shape before trying to do any of this shit I learned karate and earned a black belt. I could tear your tall cocky ass apart no problem most likely. Not trying to brag though. Be careful who you fuck with asshole.
>>
Anyone here been through Airforce OTS? How is it?

Also how difficult is the written test you need to take. I am fresh out of college and I have been researching it.
>>
>>34496213

Why?

>>34496506
>>34496648

I hope something nice happens to me too, anons. Good luck.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.