[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me if I bought the right one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Moist.png (271KB, 280x492px) Image search: [Google]
Moist.png
271KB, 280x492px
Tell me if I bought the right one.
>>
>>34483797

OK why?
>>
>>34483797

I know it's a B series barrel but I cant find anything on the B marking also there is a lot of weird symbols on receiver. Def 2 step
>>
>>34483970

D* marking
>>
>>34483970
Interesting, I've never seen a B barrel with a VKT stamp on it too.
Check under the tang of the receiver for the arsenal mark and year.
Be careful not to lose any of the shims inside the stock when you take it apart, Finns put a lot of work into accurizing it perfectly.

>>34483978
The D marking indicates that the bore is cut for Soviet ammo, .311 bullet diameter, as opposed to Finn ammo (technically 7.62x53r) which has .308 bullet diameter.
In other words, it's a good thing, since almost all the ammo you'll find aside from Norma uses .311 bullets.
All m39s were made with .311 bores FWIW, but B barrels were made by the Belgians originally for refurbishing M91s, then cut down for m39s.
>>
>>34483970
It's the bore diameter. The 1920s M91s the finns built had 4 different bore diameters. A, B, C, and D.
>>
File: IMG_3699.jpg (1MB, 1753x2761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3699.jpg
1MB, 1753x2761px
>>34484237

But thats a Tikka stamp sempai.

-------------

Hey OP, whats the receiver date? Its pre-1917 because the eagle is intact. DId you win and get an antique like this one?
>>
Don't have it with me at the moment. It also has a finnish stock with the Z marking and 2 cannons. Also a lot of almost Hebrew looking stamps on receiver when you open it
>>
Has SA stamp for Finnish army more pics soon
>>
>>34484297
Sorry, that was a derpy brainfart.

Finns ground off eagles regardless of date, I have an 1895 Tula with a 42 VKT barrel with a ground eagle.
I've also heard rumors of a few Soviet hammer and sickle hexes here and there, and seen one Finn with a hammer and sickle stamped over an eagle. Can't remember if it was an m39 though
>>
File: 2 Moist.png (407KB, 706x311px) Image search: [Google]
2 Moist.png
407KB, 706x311px
>>34484309
>>
File: Strange Moist.png (1MB, 1315x597px) Image search: [Google]
Strange Moist.png
1MB, 1315x597px
>>34484534

here is the strange I talked about
>>
>>34484534

Oddly it has copper rivets as well.
>>
>>34484237
>under the tang of the receiver for the arsenal mark and year.

I would like to do that but I have never field stripped something this old. I am waiting for a friend to show me how to properly not fuck it up
>>
>>34484608
Use a flathead screw driver with a layer of electrical or duct tape over the tip to prevent scuffs.

Remove the bolt by holding the trigger back while sliding it out (make sure it's clear first dummy) then use a flathead (put a layer of electrical tape to prevent scuffs) and remove bolts at the tang, front of the magazine, on the side of the front stock cap, and loosen the bolts on both the front cap and the band in the middle.
Remove the cleaning rod (screw it out), then wiggle off the front cap and band (there's a spring loaded tab in front of it holding it down), then remove the action from the stock. Done.
>>
>>34484675

ok one sec, did u find anything on the strange stamps? I can't find a thing
>>
>>34484698
I've seen some rifles with interesting stamps before, but nothing like that. Maybe somebody got bored at the arsenal?
Each individual stamp should have its own meaning of some kind, look them up on 7.62x54r.net or whatever site it was.
Tsar-era Izhevsk bolt body.
>>
>>34484736

Still working on stripping it
>>
File: IMG_3692.jpg (1MB, 3263x1881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3692.jpg
1MB, 3263x1881px
>>34484534

But thats wrong sempai

Finns didn't remove the Imperial Eagles, they didn't give a shit. The Bolsheviks and Soviets would "dish out" the Czarist Eagle on every Nugget they had.

Finns captured them during the the Russian Civil War and later.
>>
File: 1496688453867.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1496688453867.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>34484570

>all those daedric runes
>>
>>34484675

there are tiny screws I cannot remove without a smaller flathead :( I will have to make another thread in the future.
>>
>>34484763
Finns did grind eagles, just not as passionately as the Russians. They did grind almost every hammer and sickle that came their way, though.
Commies also tended to stamp over the Eagles with hammers and sickles if they couldn't be bothered to grind it.
>>
>>34484819
Sako ground off pretty much every eagle. VKT didn't. I have 1 m39 with one and 1 without.
>>
File: 47b.jpg (24KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
47b.jpg
24KB, 665x574px
>>34484797

>buys M39
>does not have the proper tools to disassemble it

There are some illiterate Russian peasants laughing at you anon
>>
>>34483733
Lots of uneducated stuff on this thread this far. Finnfag who knows his shit here, so let's fix some of the misconceptions:

That is not so-called "B-barrel". So-called "B-barrels" were made from Belgian barrel blanks originally intended for making infantry (long) rifles m/1891. The barrel blanks were acquired during late World War 2 and since production of infantry rifles m/1891 ended by January of 1944 grand majority of them were shortened and used for making rifles m/39 in post-war era. Typically bluing process made B-barrels brownish in color, this is to due to type of steel used in them.

The rifle barrel shown in photo was manufactured by Tikkakoski in year 1927 - "T in a triangle" was trademark of Tikkakoski factory. In this case B-marking indicates B-type bore - Finnish military was testing with various bore diameters in late 1920's. B-bore had 7.84 - 7.85 millimeter diameter (measured at bottom of rifling).

9137 is a serial number, which fits to rifle barrels of infantry rifles m/1891 manufactured in year 1927.

D-marking indicated that throat section of the cartridge chamber has been expanded to make it compatible with standard Finnish World War era 7.62 mm x 53R service ammunition, which was loaded with 200-grain D166 FMJBT-bullets. This standard ammunition type was introduced in year 1936.

OP - when you remove action from stock be careful. There might be small shims in there to fine tune the contact between action and stock. If you drop them off, figuring out where they were might be difficult.
>>
>>34484570
That's just the pre 1928 Izhevsk factory stamp. After that they switched to the triangle with arrow we all know and love.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.