[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Night sights a big deal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: glock front sight.jpg (264KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
glock front sight.jpg
264KB, 1706x960px
What's more important to you, having a handgun's sights be made of steel, or having them be visible at night (i.e., tritium)? Are night sights overrated due to the facts that a) if you can't see your target, you shouldn't be aiming a gun at it, and b) when you actually fire your gun, you'll lose your night vision anyway?

I bought two Glocks recently and I installed some basic OEM night sights almost as soon as I bought them; however, I have an HK USPs that still has the stock white dot sights and I never bothered swapping them out to tritium night sights. I'm wondering if I should invest $275 ($100 for sights + $175 sight pusher) into replacing my USP's steel white dot sights with tritium.

Thoughts? What's /k/'s philosophy?
>>
better than plastic filaments
>>
>>34483276
The question should have been framed as
>plastic with paint
vs
>metal with paint
vs
>metal with tritium
for the kiddies who don't have the attention spans to read through the entire post.
>>
>>34483314
i read it, that was my answer
>(((ewe)))
>>
>>34483349
Well your answer is off topic.
>>
My night sights have been kind of useless... Fiberoptic work better in the day, and a weapon light works better in the dark. The only benefit is being able to find your gun in the dark because of the glowing dots... Also the TFO sights sick and do nothing well..m
>>
>>34483361
jesuse fucking chrrist dude no it isnt
go outside with all the aforementioned sites and see if you can tell the difference between them at night time you cant you arent going to get better "optics" based off a glowing dot it "could" help, however not more than muscle memory
>>
>>34483402
You sound like one of those people who claims that 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP are all "the same" just because hollow points can be configured to penetrate the same distance in gelatin.
>>
>>34483269
Only buy Trijicon HDs. The new ones have thinner front which makes them even better. Don't put NS on every gun. That's overkill due to your OCD. Spend it on training and ammo. Get a light learn how to fight with it at night.
>>34483401
I was on the fiber optics but if I had to do it over, I'd go Trijicon HDs but only on my carry gun. FO are workable, even the factory dots will work fine as long as you have illumination. You're not supposed to have your light on constantly anyway. Just momentary and at pistol fighting ranges, any sights will do.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=SMO9WMdc2ks
>>
>>34483470
yep
.40/.300BO an 10mm are meme rounds pushed by share holders for more profits also
you got your yous ill be back during fall
>>
>>34483269
Every gun I carry, minus my Shield and 686, has tritium night sights. I want to be able to use my pistol effectively at night if needed.
>>
>>34483269
Btw, afaik the Brits use stock polymer sights on their Glawks. They work fine.
>>
>>34483493
>Don't put NS on every gun. That's overkill due to your OCD.
I would have put regular painted steel sights on the Glocks, but the OEM steel sights have a funky sight picture where you are splitting the front sight's white dot by 2/3 and the rear sight still has the white cup. I can deal with every other sight style, but that always bothered me.
>>
File: IMG_2934.jpg (35KB, 575x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2934.jpg
35KB, 575x377px
>>34483269
Best sights
>>
>>34483564
How is that better at self-defense distances? It seems like this would only help at 25+ yards.
>>
>>34483579
Thinner fronts are faster. Larger fronts are actually slow since it obscures too much of the target.
>>
>>34483730
>mfw my 1911 GI sights are now cutting edge tacticool
>>
Does anyone here have the Truglo TFX?
They are both tritium and fiber optic, so its the best of both worlds.
>>
>>34483990
Only problem is there's more stuff that could go wrong.
>>
>>34483269
>What's more important to you, having a handgun's sights be made of steel, or having them be visible at night (i.e., tritium)?

High contras front sight and blacked out rear. I don't care if the sights glow in the dark, I'm using white light to identify something before I'm sure it needs to be shot.
>>
>>34483269
Well...my Hi Viz sights are fiber optics with metal protecting them...so I'm solid.
>>
>>34483990
I have some and they're good

They simply work.

Outdoors: the fiber optic are the shit
Night: tritium is reasonably bright and I have no problem picking them up regardless if my night vision has kicked in
Indoors with decent light: they're alright. Nothing special

The only thing is if you're looking to rack your slide with them you're gonna have a hard time. I don't care for that but it's something people might
>>
>>34483545
The Brits also used the L85A1 for over a decade. Just because they use something, doesn't inherently mean it's good.
>>
>>34483746
Are they just target sights? Tacticool crowd just steels from the competition crowd.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.