[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exotic Super Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: images-2.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
I've been really into physics and looking to devise some theoretical superweapons that utilize more exotic properties of matter.

Me first, sounds simple but utilizes an interesting property of matter once it hits light speed.
>start with 30 foot sphere of diamond
>accelerate at a planet at 99.9999999999% speed of light
>now I know what youre thinkin "aw gee, a bigass kinetic weapon" but bear with me, cuz this is where things get wierd
>each and every carbon atom in the sphere now contains 25 trillion electron volts of energy
>relatavistic phenomena begin to occur, the sphere is no longer a solid object as at these energy levels the molecular bonds fail completeley turning it into more of a massive blob of super charged particles
>a lorentz contraction collapses the ball into more of a pancake shape
>this pancake of destruction bitchslaps into the earths atmosphere
>at these energy levels and due to the exotic state the particles are in the atmosphere actually passes through the pancake of doom
>although along the way they pick up so much energy that they begin participating in fusion
>in the infitesimally tiny amount of time it takes to pass from space to impacting the earth's crust our projectile leaves an expanding shockwave of plasma and fusing elements
>the projectile impacts earths crust
>it passes through the crust, mantle, core, and AAAALLLMOOST pops out the other side but not quite
>in the approx 40 milliseconds it takes to almost punch a tunnel through the planet it is shedding energy
>a LOT of energy
>these supercharged particles actually disseminate throughout the matter of the planet in a cascade of high energy collisions shattering molecular bonds, spawning more exotic high energy particles and shattering atoms
>these particle interactions create a fucking idiotic amount of heat, light, and radiation
>for the briefest of instants the earth will glow with more heat and light than our own sun
>>
>>34481740
Pt 2
>the energy dumped into the earth is around 10,000 times stronger than its gravitational bonds and it explodes violently converted nearly 100% to a high energy plasma
>heavier elements become dust
>the cloud of violently radioactive plasma and dust then expands outward at a significant portion of the speed of light
>this super high velocity plasma and dust shockwave is so powerful that it would alter the other inner planets orbits as well as scouring the surface of whatever side is facing the blast to almost a mirror finish

I know kinetic kill vehicles have been done to death but utilizing these exotic properties of matter at light speed theres a LOT more going on than just the kinetic hit.

So yeah. Post your weaponizations of exotic physics.
>>
>>34481740
>lol just accelerate diamond to light speed bro
nobody is impressed

sage this shit thread
>>
.338 cased telescoped ammo that has metallic hydrogen set to explode on impact in it (if metallic hydrogen is meta stable enough if at all in normal temperature and pressure, and not get set off by the heat and g forces) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlM8IHij6Hs https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNB7khjOSXc
>>
>>34481740
I'd like to see crazier shit if we really went full star trek and have 1000 years worth of tech advancement to start overriding certain laws of physics.

Like I'm talking time displacement devices or gravity weapons etc. Real shit that would warp reality for maximum carnage (and possibly for manipulation or creation too).
>>
>>34481743
>>34481740
how fast can you accelerate it with thermonuclear explosions?
>>
>>34481997
This isnt what OP was talking about

>>34482004
>muh cultural enrichment in space
>"i'd like to see crazy shit"
Go back to facebook and netflix faggot
>>
>>34482028
Nowhere near the speed of light you retard

Can /k/ stop pretending to know anything beyond high school physics. Its making me cringe hard and want to leave the board.
>>
>>34482030
>muh cultural enrichment.

Oh because I said star trek huh.

Let me clarify, I'm only talking about the technology and scifi shenanigans being pulled, not lt. negra and sulu the manslut running around being sjws.

If anything I'd rather seen a galactic or multiverse reich of zillions of giant aryan demigods with dimension shattering war machines or galactic sized AI constructs.
>>
>>34482070
>that entire post
You must be 18 to post here.
>>
File: IMG_0429.png (96KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0429.png
96KB, 500x522px
False vacuum decay.

Trumps literally everything, including OP's spiel.
>>
>>34481740
>start with 30 foot sphere of diamond
>accelerate at a planet at 99.9999999999% speed of light
I see you're leaning extremely hard on "theoretical".
>>
>>34482770
So please explain further
>>34482909
Yeah. The fastest non-photonic object in the known universe is the oh my god particle. Basically just a proton accelerated to %99.9999 (25 more 9's) the speed of light. But nobody has any freakin idea what accelerated them that fast. Not even a supernova releases enough energy to push a proton that fast. To give an idea of how fast it is if one hit you even though its just a proton it would strike as hard as a 95 mph baseball, impossible tho cuz they dont really interact with much of anything.

So yeah. If it takes a still unknown gargantuan sized force dwarfing a supernova to throw a proton that fast the idea we'd get a diamond sphere moving so quickly is absurd. But most of the exotic physical interactions within our universe take place under such energies, just on really really tiny bits of matter at a time.

The idea of scaling the interactions up to macroscale is pretty fun to think about though, even if its pretty unlikley.
>>
>>34482028
Maybe 10% lightspeed
>>
>>34481740
And what's the fucking point? You've destroyed a perfectly good planet that you yourself could have used. You didn't just burn the surface you blew it up Death Star style. Wasteful.
Another thing there is no way to accelerate that speed. 10 percent sure, maybe 20 percent with some fusion drive.
>>
>>34482770
And you've destroyed the entire universe. Also you're assuming a false vacuum deterioration hasn't happened somewhere in the universe already.
>>
>>34483573
I didnt say it was a FEASIBLE idea. I said it was physically POSSIBLE. Not necesarily for us to do, but the current laws of physics allow it to occur within our universe.
>>
>>34483582
Not really a bad way to go. We'd never know it happened, just stop existing one day.
>>
>>34482155
>doesn't like sjw faggotry
>doesn't like galactic reich

You clearly are some weak ass cuckservative. Find another board if you can't handle weaponized autism.
>>
>>34482155
Poor damage control detected.
>>
>>34483613
But it isnt physically possible, it would take more energy to accelerate somethigng to that close to the speed of light then there is matter in the universe.
>>
File: 1443335657710.jpg (11KB, 509x216px)
1443335657710.jpg
11KB, 509x216px
>>34481740
Just attach thrusters to an asteroid and make it collide with the earth.
Bigger mass.
More stoppin power.
Speed is a meme.
>>
stop bumping this underage thread
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.