[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Store Etiquette

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1497413017588.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1497413017588.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
I plan on visiting a gun store for the first time as I am shopping for a handgun. I would like to know how I should act. I'm mostly interested in holding a few pistols. Can I go in and ask to hold like 5 different guns? Can I ask to dry-fire them? What are some major mistakes? I'm aware of general firearm-handling and safety rules.
>>
File: 1499226693790.jpg (136KB, 1200x906px) Image search: [Google]
1499226693790.jpg
136KB, 1200x906px
Also, how should I dress? I live in a fudd-y area with plenty of hicks and I feel like I get a 'who the fuck are you' vibe wherever I go so I'm a little nervous to go to the gun store.
>>
File: What_the_fuck_am_i_listening_to.jpg (172KB, 1145x1310px) Image search: [Google]
What_the_fuck_am_i_listening_to.jpg
172KB, 1145x1310px
>>34480746
>>34480771
Don't shoot people and don't break things. It's pretty fucking simple, you sperg.
>>
>>34480746

don't waste their time

go to local gun range and take the $100 intro class

you will get to try shooting several different guns

ask instructor if you can pay a bit extra to try a few more

you will NEVER KNOW if you like a gun just by playing with it at the store, you really have to shoot them to make a good decision
\
>>
Once you find a gun you want, make sure to ask the clerk if he thinks it can penetrate a school bus.
>>
>>34481055
>School bus
It should be
>Short bus
The bus OP actually rides.
>>
>>34480746
Do your research, find a couple guns you'd like to handle, then go to the gunstore and ask to check them out. Find which one fits your hand best, and buy it.

Don't go in with no knowledge whatsoever and get your greasy cheeto covered fingerprints on every gun in the case and then not buy anything.
>>
>>34480771
Jeans and a t-shirt... Like a normal person.
If fudds run the store, don't buy from them.
Thankfully my LFS that I go to has a great selection and is staffed by cool Bros. I won't shoot at their range because indoor, and frequented by absolute idiots. I feel for the RSOs there man...
Just be upfront and tell them you are looking for your first handgun. Ask them for recommendations and give them a price range.
>>
>>34480746
When in doubt, ask permission.

Don't flag anyone.
>>
When holding and dry firing a pistol, point it at the ground or away from people. Always show proper trigger discipline.
>>
>>34481055
lol, I remember that post.
>>
>>34481304
What if I don't own any jeans? I normally wear basketball shorts and a t shirt because of my fat ass. I'm also part Asian, so I've got this non-white vibe that I don't really like about myself. I'll buy a USA t shirt first. Wish me luck boys.
>>
File: 1486220913411.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1486220913411.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>34480746
Atleast post the updated version
>>
File: Poorfag (Nov 22 2016).jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
Poorfag (Nov 22 2016).jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>34481648
Atleast post the updated version
>>
>>34481579
No cargo shorts or Jean shorts? I wouldn't dare go anywhere but the gym in basketball shorts... I guess try your best not to look like a filthy homeless person. The USA shirt might be too much, but might be completely overlooked due to slovenly appearance.
Good luck I guess.
P.S. please buy better clothes. :/
>>
Everything went well, basketball shorts and all. The guy was super nice and let me try like a dozen guns. I really liked the way the steyr felt. The Glock 19 and the canik felt nice, too.
>>
reading these posts makes me uneasy how socialy akward can you morons be? yuuuck
>>
>>34483161
Glad to hear anon. Did you shoot anything? That's a big part of picking out a carry gun.
>>
>>34483390
The gentleman gave me and my girlfriend an hour of free range time each so we will be back to try them.
>>
>>34481648
>>34482319
>Removing the black powder
Y
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.