[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burning Cities as a war tactic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

Is it still a viable tactic or does it just make for more hiding spots? I know it will kill most urban problems but it makes cities harder to occupy. Or is the concept of occupying a city no longer a worthwhile option.
>>
You are in charge of burning down a city of your choosing, resulting in one less urban hellhole.
What song plays as you watch the flames?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb5xUHt3LBA
>>
>>34480346

absolutely

let's start by nuking mecca
>>
>>34480346
Why not just gamma burst killing everything organic and leaving tbe infrastructure?
>>
>>34480581
Leaving radioactive infrastructure
>>
>>34480551
>>
>>34480346
Sherman's march was an act of punishment, to show the South the wages of Treason.
>>
It depends on whether or not you find the city's infrastructure worth capturing. I wouldn't burn down a city that headquarters a gun factory, for example.

That said, Scorched Earth retreats can still be quite effective if you can hamper the enemy's ability replenish their own supplies.
>>
>>34480551
I wish summer was over.
>>
>>34480767
Shut up, bong, London is Mecca now

Captcha is Mexican For Sale
>>
>>34480720
>punishment
>we are going to burn all ur shit down and then spend the next two decades using federal time and money to rebuild it better!
>thatll show you!!
>>
File: loser-flags.jpg (49KB, 492x455px) Image search: [Google]
loser-flags.jpg
49KB, 492x455px
>>
>>34480781
I'm an American, maybe your yuropoor education doesn't realize mecca has been destroyed before, and the towels don't really care.
>>
>>34480346
In the context of Sherman's March, it was more-or-less a terror tactic to shock and demoralize the South and make them willing to capitulate to practically any terms in order to get the guy to stop going apefuck on people. And, in a vacuum, yeah, it still works. Not great for a smooth or swift period of reconstructing your defeated foe into an advantageous vassal state, but it works. Nowadays, it's not in a vacuum-- you start burning cities, and a billion concernfags from all over the world who were totally cool with profiting off your war from afar suddenly object to you taking drastic steps to end it.

Seriously, that's about the only reason established powers object to harsh methods of winning war like this. They profit off them and don't want to see them end. "Crimes against humanity" and such shit are just excuses to win public approval
>>
>>34480346
fuck sherman. the tanks do him justice
>>
>>34481183
By being great and iconic? They sure do :D
>>
>>34481211
i'd beat your pussy yankee ass if you said near me in real life. sherman was good at burning down houses while the men were out at war and not much else, and the tanks were good at nothing
>>
>>34480804
In Sherman's defense, he didn't know Reconstruction was going to be a thing, let alone an era.
>>
File: Air Supremacy.png (204KB, 566x320px) Image search: [Google]
Air Supremacy.png
204KB, 566x320px
Yes

Yes

100 times yes.

The bomber will always come through.
>>
>>34481253
These are the first pictures of airforce personnel where they don't look gay. What the fuck happened since then?
>>
>>34481233
lmao mad ur ancestors were dominated by real northern men
>>
>>34481238
As far as I know he was revolted by the corruption and cruelty of the Reconstruction. He basically wanted ideological genocide, he wanted to fuck up the South so bad that they would never want to call themselves "The South" again, then let them into society as free Americans.
>>
>>34482065
1969 happened
>>
Oh boy the mic on my devices were open again. Government thinks I'm talking crascey
>>
>>34480346
I love bait threads.
our old buddy billy sherman leads the way every time.
love and kisses from tennessee
>>
>>34484557
I have family that are the biggest big government bootlicks but are transplants to Georgia and even they get triggered by /arebilly/.
>>
>>34482065
They went from a branch determined to fight and win nuclear wars to the US military's #1 provider of killstreaks.
>>
>>34482250
>Dominated
>A FUCKING ARMY vs. Untrained Teens, old men and families.
>Go on a massive spree of arson, murder and rape after stomping said old men and teens.
>This is something to be proud of?
>>
>>34480346

I don't know about your question, but I'm just pointing out that you've uploaded the picture of a cocksucking war criminal scumbag tyrant dick licker. That is all.
>>
>>34484784
You seem a bit raw over this man's endeavors.
>>
>>34484715
Yeah and they had most of the better generals, so It was a little more balanced
>>
File: genghis khan.jpg (178KB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
genghis khan.jpg
178KB, 1200x666px
City fucks BTFOd again and again.

You'd think they'd learn from being dumb enough to pack themselves together like sardines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-2679923/Bow-die-ocean-BLOOD-Why-Genghis-Khan-throat-slitter-supreme-nastier-thought.html
>>
>>34482065
They were still under the Department of the Army then, and were the Army Air Corps.

The Air Force didn't exist yet. it's been gay since its inception.
>>
Do it again bomber harris
>>
>>34480346
OP, it's not a tactic when a war is practically over. It's a sign of payback and a sign of punishment to come.
>>
>>34480346
Well, what Sherman did was subdue an an insurrection and deal with traitors and their supply lines, really didn't have anything to do with war.

Just putting seditious traitors in their place.
>>
File: 1259641349478.jpg~c200.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1259641349478.jpg~c200.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>34480551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDv6cPxVm5g
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.