[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Czech M85 parka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: p-13020-0193.gif (113KB, 465x616px) Image search: [Google]
p-13020-0193.gif
113KB, 465x616px
Looking to buy one, but I'm not really sure what exactly they're selling here.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3265151665/military-surplus-czech-m85-parka-with-liner

The description matches the jacket, but that pic on their page certainly doesn't. Can somebody who bought one from here verify to me what it really is?
Pic related is what I'm buying.
>>
Bump before bed
>>
>>34478308
For $20 just buy one and see. I have a few of them that I got from several different vendors (none from midway though) and all except for one of them came with the liner.

If it comes without the liner just call up Midway and bitch to Larry, seeing as right in the title it says "with liner."

If you live near a fleet farm you can go buy some for $2.50 each.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/-czech-m85-olive-drab-parka/0000000086353
>>
>>34480120
Links to since of the other vendors? Also, I'm 6 foot, the extra large should fit, right? I hear that European sizes are general smaller than American.
>>
I have one. What you're seeing is the collar up and drawn across and the hood down into it. I can't verify that it comes with a liner since I didn't get mine from midway bt it looks good to me
>>
>>34480219
I got them from KeepShooting and Swiss Link.

KS is out of stock, and I'll never buy from them again anyway after I made an order with them when their website was slow, got an order number, was charged, but never got my shit in the mail. I emailed them twice asking for a refund and outside of what was probably an automated reply never heard back.

Swiss Link is also out of stock.

I don't remember where the one without the liner came from, I think it was fleet farm when they were still selling them online.

What >>34480276 is saying is probably correct. If you roll the collar up it will look like the picture on Midway. The liner is also removable and it's possible they took the photo without the liner.

As far as sizing goes, they're coats so they run big.
>>
https://colemans.com/shop/cold-weather-gear/czech-military-parka/?attribute_pa_size=extra-large

Anybody ever buy from here?
>>
File: IMG_20170708_103743.jpg (112KB, 997x1329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170708_103743.jpg
112KB, 997x1329px
>>34480304
I dug one out of my winter clothing bins. I have 5 or 6 of them and I think all but two are still in the shrinkwrap they came in. The packaged ones all are marked "medium" so I assume this is a medium as well.

Yardstick and G19 for size reference.
>>
>>34480343
They're warm, but for $34 + shipping you're just overpaying to look like an autist.

The reason I have so many of these is I just throw them in my trunk for emergencies. They're not waterproof whatsoever and you WILL look like a sperg wearing one.
>>
>>34480365
Oh well, I was mainly looking for a semi cheap milsurp coat to use in the winter. Snows often where I live, so waterproofing is pretty important.
>>
>>34480219

6'5 and the XL fits me great.
>>
>>34480365

>look like a sperg

How do you dress? If cargo shorts and sandals then youll look like a sperg regardless.

Good pair of jeans, button up shirt, dress shoes and this coat and youll look solid.
>>
>>34480365
>you WILL look like a sperg wearing one
maybe you, i dont know how you dress
that thing looks pretty damn good to me, pair it with some jeans or work pants and you're good.
>>
Why the fucking would anyone buy a fucking deep winter parka in July?????
>>
>>34481584
>what is winter
>>
>>34481584
>why the fuck would anyone buy out of season clothes while they're cheap instead of waiting until they're in demand and more expensive?

Also

>what is the Southern Hemisphere?

Must suck being dumb.
>>
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/czech-parka-with-liner-olive-green-surplus/5757
>>
>>34481711
noice
>>
>>34480429
buy cheap milsurp coat. spray coat with this. winning. You can find it at walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Dry-Water-Repellent-Spray/dp/B00QTYI8RI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1499542905&sr=8-2&keywords=camp+dry
>>
>>34481584
Have you somehow failed to notice that the seasons repeat every year?
>>
>>34481711
Never bought from them before, are they good?
>>
>>34482301
Yes good, but be prepared to wait a month to get your shit in the US. Customs can lick my balls.
>>
I figured this would be the appropriate place to ask this. Is this thing worth it? Anybody here have one?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/USSR-Original-Red-Army-Afghanka-Cold-Weather-Suit-Afghan-Uniform-TALL-XS-S-M-/
>>
>>34480120
Hell with Fleet Farm. After the shitshow they pulled on the 4th/5th.
>>
>>34482388
What did they do?

Best guess is their inventory tracking system is shit. Only reason I say that is once I ordered one of those Austrian M65 clones and had them cancel the order on me like a month later because it was out of stock, but they never charged me for it.
>>
>>34482388
>>34482564
They canceled pretty much everything I ordered minus the yugo genocide parka. currently waiting for them to cancel that too
>>
>>34482581
So a shitty inventory tracking system like I thought.

I'm not excusing them for it, but they're far from alone in that. And unless things have changed since I ordered shit from them around Christmas time, they don't charge you for things until they ship, which is better than most.
>>
>>34478308
their photo is vz.85 winter jacket with liner, belt, hood and fleece collar removed.
Hard to say if they send all the bits or not.
hood is kinda useless anyway, it's over-sized so that you could fit helmet under it, but without helmet it drops over your eyes all the time

Two main "versions" of vz.85 jackets exist:
>winter coat
Super comfy and warm.
the fabric itself is thinner, but is also longer and has the remove-able fleece liner and fabric belt
>summer parka
very durable fabric, but, not very comfortable and the buttons are exceptionally annoying.
instead of belt the waist size is adjustable with rubber rope inside.

They can look grey to tan, but irl I've only seen dark green like this http://www.colorhexa.com/263318
>>
I bought 2 of them for 15 bucks about 10 years ago. They are good down to about 20 degrees while wearing a t shirt. Past that a heavier layer is needed. Good quality surplus.

Buy many and gear your guyz
>>
>>34482687
The transaction is still pending on my account, so I'll be sure when it actually drops to check that it's for the new amount
>>
>>34482809
It gun git cancelled
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.