[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which upper for my budget AR??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 7790570_1.jpg (8KB, 370x370px)
7790570_1.jpg
8KB, 370x370px
>http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-stainless-5-56-nato-1-7-15-keymod-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-ch.html
or
>http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-midlength-5-56-nato-1-7-stainless-stealth-freedom-m-lok-upper-with-mbus-sight-set-no-bcg-or-ch-516446201.html
pros of the first one
>15 inch vs 13.5 inch rail, more aesthetic IMO
>$20 cheaper
pros of the second one
>doesn't have keymod autism which looks like cutout penises
>comes with sights, although that's probably why it costs $20 more
I'm leaning towards the 15 inch once, mainly because I want as little barrel showing as possible. The cutout penises are kinda annoying but it's a minor thing. Plus I already own MBUS sights.

Last chance to convince me in the other direction /k/.
>>
Flip a coin.
>>
>>34478096
I got heads, but for the sake of the thread I'm not going to tell anyone what that means
>>
>>34478079
bump just because I'm going to bed in a min
>>
second looks better to me imo but I'm usually not a fan of tacticool anyway
>>
>>34478385
Buddy it's an AR, the fuck do you want me to do? Pic related?
>>
File: 1216316135135.jpg (52KB, 500x237px)
1216316135135.jpg
52KB, 500x237px
>>34478079
OP was I helping you find info to build your first rifle yesterday?

I think I was, honestly I wouldnt go with the keymod and MLOK memes. That shit is fuckin' GHEY.

Normal rails are cheaper, hell you can just switch that shit out with a few turns of a wrench anyway.
>>
M-LOK. Now buy it and go to bed.
>>
>>34478430
Yeah, I was considering wood yesterday, now I'm trying to make it look somewhat normal

I'm getting the rails plus the entire upper for $230 which is something I can't pass up, but I'll see if PSA has anything that isn't keymod
>>
>>34478442
Yeah but you're getting a BCG and charging handle from somewhere right?.... Just making sure you've got all your bases covered. Surplus ar/stoner will be fine.

Yeah it's a good deal, they come and go. That will be excellent.
>>
>>34478469
I own a DPMS AR never fired, I figured I'd keep the lower (a lower is a lower) but heard really shitty things about their products so I'm ditching the upper for PSA. Hopefully the DPMS BCG/charging handle isn't as bad as the rest of it because I'm definitely not buying another one
>>
>>34478496
BCGs and CHs will integrate just fine into any other in spec uppers. Honestly PSA and dpms are the same tier.... You are not upgrading.
>never fired
..... So wait you don't even know what this rifle can do, havent used it at all and don't know what you want it do it; but want a new upper that is cheap as fuck, just like your original upper. Right?
>>
>>34478512
>PSA and DPMS are the same tier
I've been looking at hundreds of various forum posts over the past few days and even though I've never fired either I can tell you that you're dead wrong there
>>
>>34478512
i thought fn made the uppers for psa
>>
>>34478526
Uhhh... okay. Looks like you've made up your mind anon. Surely this 250$ ar upper will be vastly superior to your ... also 250$ ar upper. It's the sweat and love those at PSA put into the productions that really make them shine.

I have worked on a lot of PSA rifles. Not to fix them or anything, they're totally fine, but so is your DPMS. But they are very similar and on the same tier.

But please tell me all about how you've never shot your god damn gun but have formed an opinion based on other peoples forum posts.

Good luck with your ar anon, either upper will be good for you, even the dpms; not that you'd know the difference between them. Why don't you go ask in /arg/ or QTDDTOT?
>>
>>34478541
Just because they're priced equally doesn't mean they function equally

And 90% of the reason why I'm getting the upper is for the fucking rail, of course it's not gonna be like getting a daniel defense but it's still an upgrade over what I've got now
>>
>>34478550
By the rail do you mean the 20-200 dollar replaceable rail? You realize you can swap that out right? Or are you talking about a nonremovable carrying handle?

Jesus christ what am I reading.... You're going to buy a whole new upper just for the handguard?...
>>
>>34478541
oh, and I really don't wanna deal with stuff like the gas block and making sure my handguard fits with the current upper. My way is just a lot more straightforward for a newbie
>>
>>34478529
Only their "premium" line
>>
>>34478557
Idk man, but rails aren't 20 bucks, the ones I'm eyeing go for like $150 which isn't far off from my $230 upper
>>
>>34478557
hey at least he'll have both the handguard and the rest of the barreled upper
>>
>>34478563
>Want to buy actual quality rail
>instead settle for more expensive complete upper with an off brand version of the rail you want
okay just buy whatever you want retard. Enjoy.

>car needs an oil change
>better just buy a new car
hue
>>
>>34478570
This is what I'm saying, if I'm gonna buy a nice ass handguard why not go the extra inch and get a whole new upper which forum people say is a solid (not significant, solid) improvement
>>34478573
fuck off DPMS-IDF I've made my mind up
>>
>>34478585
I have a feeling you are being slightly misled in that PSA's claim to fame has been their FN barrels (the "premium" and CHF ones) and this one isn't one of them. the PSA cheapo stainless steel barrels aren't really anything special and alongside the nitrided ones are available all over the place. The cheapo barrels are the cornerstone of a variety of company's cheapo uppers..
>>
>>34478585
o-okay
>deliberating about spending 200 dollars on 4chan
I'm not even sure why I came to this thread.
>>
>>34478623
not him but when you're poorfag you do things like this, especially when you have no clue what's going on when it comes to guns. i have 2 PSA uppers that basically sit around because i thought i wanted different things before moving on to other things. one has a CHF barrel and another has a 223 wylde 1:8 stainless barrel
>>
>>34478651
>when you're a poorfag, you buy a whole new upper instead of just buying the handguard
Oh. Sick. Right.

I think you meant to say
>when you're a retard you buy shit you dont need and never use
>>
File: ar upper.jpg (7KB, 330x153px) Image search: [Google]
ar upper.jpg
7KB, 330x153px
>>34478079
3d printed upper
>>
>>34478079
Why not just spend the money on ammo and decide when you're shot your barrel out. Stop roleplaying and shoot more.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.