[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are air guns k approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170708_013753.jpg (762KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170708_013753.jpg
762KB, 1024x1365px
Are air guns k approved?
>>
>>34477833
If it fires in excess of 1500fps it technically qualifies as a hunting weapon but is dangerously close to being some underage bullshit.
>>
>>34477833
Fun for plinking in a suburban backyard. Still not a real gun though.
>>
>>34477954
Retarded troll post is retarded. Any airgun that shoots faster than about 950 FPS is going to be inaccurate because diabolo pellets are unstable in the transonic range. If you're shooting supersonic, use heavier pellets or detune to keep it subsonic.
>>
>>34477968
You can legally take bears and mountain lions with airguns in Arizona. Balls of steel recommended.
>>
>>34477833

If it fires metal for the purposes of killing shit, yes.

If it fires plastic for the purposes of paintball imitation faggotry, no.

>>34477954

>Airgun
>1500+ fps
Either lying, horrifying inaccurate, or deiseling. Use caliber or energy instead, better metric. A .45-.50 air rifle sure as shit won't be moving 1500 but it will happily go through you, or tyrone.
>>
>>34477833
>the old Crosman 760
I had one of these when I was a lad, still have it somewhere in my garage, with the barrel all rusted and the front sight bent with the bead missing.
That magnificent little fucker was my childhood.
>>
>>34478095
>You can legally take bears and mountain lions with airguns in Arizona
But can you ACTUALLY kill bears/mountain lions with a regular air gun? And I don't mean those AirForce Texan Big Bore 45cal air guns either.
>>
>>34479322
Not with a WalMart fun. It has to be .35 or larger.
>>
>>34477833
Fuck yes. Walther Terrus in .22 for purging tree rights from chewing on my fascia boards or fucking with my bird feeders.
>>
Is your barrel actually rusted to shit or is that just the picture OP?
>>
Ive got a benjamin 392. Shoots fairly heavy 22 pellets at around 700 fps. With a cheap 40 dollar scope its tons of fun for target practice. Rounds cost less than a cent too.
>>
File: k5KfIt.jpg (239KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
k5KfIt.jpg
239KB, 1024x683px
>>34477954
target air pistols are ok?
>>
>>34477833
Only good ones with enough umph to take small game and accurate enough to practice marksmanship with. These traits qualify an air gun as a weapon and not just a toy.
>>
>>34481377
Just took a tree rat at about 14 metres with an Italian target pistol in .177". 7.56gr wadcutter, travelling at 610fps at the muzzle. Placed the shot exactly midway between eye and ear, shooting downwards about 15°, so it hit the base of the brain. Didn't exit. Squirrel dropped from the fence and kicked twice. Done. So yeah, a target pistol can get that job done. But I only used it because it's heavily suppressed, sounds about like clicking your tongue, and I've got serious numbers of neighbours out on this sunny Saturday afternoon. Nobody noticed. Waiting for his pal now. Fuckers ate a young Mango seedling this morning, pissed me off.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.