[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much longer until we can obliterate DPRK? Does the threat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

File: F-35.jpg (882KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
F-35.jpg
882KB, 2100x1500px
How much longer until we can obliterate DPRK? Does the threat of tons of artillery and other long range weapons across the DMZ pose a threat to SK, or is it something we could easily wipe out beforehand?
>>
>>34477188
read a book
>>
no one actually wants to take over north korea because then you have to take care of all their civilians
>>
>>34477188
Typically it is advised that military action occur before the enemy acquires a nuclear deterrent.

That window of opportunity has passed.
>>
>>34477564
>no one actually wants to take over north korea because then you have to take care of all their civilians
>take over
>obliterate

Hmm
>>
>>34477822
This, they can't nuke the US (yet) however they could still obliterate SK.
>>
File: europe_at_night.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
europe_at_night.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>34477564
>take care of all their civilians
>>
>>34477188
DPRK would need to do something pretty stupid like invade South Korea or nuke South Korea. Even a good missile launched into a main city of South Korea would probably do the trick.

Essentially you need an event that causes mass media coverage and a global outcry to "stop those beasts!"

The US could easily manufacture something like this or provoke an 'attack' by flying overhead or bringing ships close - Gulf of Tonkin is a good example

The US has no real incentive to fuck up the DPRK. Waging war is expensive. Bombs, missiles, trained pilots, aviation fuel etc. all cost money and you need a good reason to invade or attack a country. The US and NATO don't have that reason at this stage.
>>
File: North-Korea.jpg (220KB, 1320x1016px) Image search: [Google]
North-Korea.jpg
220KB, 1320x1016px
>>34478409

Best Korea has already had that capacity since the 1950s just after the Korean War "ended."

They've got a whole hell of a lot of artillery zeroed in on Seoul and South Korean military assets. They've been planning for that long before they got a hold of nuclear weapons.
>>
File: Duck vs F-35.jpg (165KB, 620x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Duck vs F-35.jpg
165KB, 620x1063px
>>34477188
>>
File: f35 vs su35.png (293KB, 585x808px) Image search: [Google]
f35 vs su35.png
293KB, 585x808px
>>
>>34477188
I'm starting to feel it will never happen in my lifetime

This makes me sad
>>
>>34477188
>how much longer til we can conquer this nation and kill millions of their citizens?
>Are they even a threat?

Murfats should focus on dropping the baconator instead of bombs
>>
>>34478778
>Bombs, missiles, trained pilots, aviation fuel etc. all cost money and you need a good reason to invade or attack a country.
That's not even the real cost. What gives EVERYONE possibly involved pause - the US, RoK, China, Russia, even Japan is the thought of what the fuck they'd do with the 28 million starving refugees after the actual conflict is winding down.

The cost of feeding, educating and integrating 28 million starving, uneducated people in an almost pre-industrial wasteland outweighs any possible potential gain in arable land, mineral resources or eventual labor output. Not even China is willing to take on that level of long-term reconstruction/rehabilitation financial liability just to get rid of an annoyance.

There's also the simple fact that North Korea is a useful and stabilizing political and military buffer between Chinese and Russian interests and US/ROK interests just by existing.
>>
>>34480736
>I'm starting to feel it will never happen in my lifetime
What made you think otherwise to begin with? Best Korea is a tiny irrelevant country, only US media seem to be interested by them to feed stupid burgers with stupid news. They're as threatening as Liechtenstein.
>>
>>34481745
They are far more dangerous than you're giving credit for. They have made the effort to acquire the knowledge needed to build ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons. They intend to coerce the United States into leaving South Korea, and intend to force reunification under Northern Control with nuclear weapons. Knowledge, once acquired, can be spread on the terms of whoever holds those assets, and they're short on cash. Do you think there's any world in which this is a combination that ends well for anyone?
>>
>>34481745
They have already, multiple times each decade over the last 50 years, shown a complete willingness to trade military systems and technology to terrorist groups with almost zero consideration of who they might be targeting (even Chinese and Russian directed threats) simply to access much needed international currency for trade and reserves.

This, coupled with the current SRBM/MRBM technology and nukes, should be enough to change the calculus on them from "perennial annoyance" to "genuine threat to civilization".
>>
>>34480706
>>34480689
>mom, look! I posted them again!
>>
>>34481795
>>34481856
It's almost as if you described US or France or Israel, or many other countries. Yeah they build weapons, they make dark business with unsavoury people, they try to be dominant and so on. And what? We won't nuke half of the planet for such silly reasons.
Best Korea is a scapegoat for tabloids.
>>
>>34482027
>It's almost as if you described US or France or Israel, or many other countries.
All of which are stable international powers with strong economies and a considerable democratic apparatus for maintaining the state-society social contract and are significantly influenced by American foreign policy.
>>
>>34482027
>And what? We won't nuke half of the planet for such silly reasons.
They don't sell nukes to extra-governmental actors. In fact, neither of those governments sell nukes at all. Nor do they sell heavily restricted military technologies/systems to non-governmental groups. North Korea absolutely does the latter and has publicly expressed willingness to do the former in a few of their crazier press releases.

That's a big goddamn difference.
>>
>>34482027
>>34482048
And lets not forget how much bullshit we've been stuck putting up with to keep Pakistan from melting down and something terribly, horribly awful happening with its own stock of nuclear weapons.
>>
>>34482041
Not an argument seriously. Israel, Russia, Iran are not exactly democratic paradises and we don't care.

>>34482048
They don't sell shit. Since when NK produces high tech stuff lol? Heli mags don't count.
>>
>>34482130
>Not an argument seriously. Israel, Russia, Iran are not exactly democratic paradises and we don't care.

You're missing the point. They are states with power structures to lose if they badly misuse their assets. North Korea is surrounded by nations with a lot more to lose than they do, which frees their hand to act more belligerently with their own.
>>
>>34482130
>They don't sell shit. Since when NK produces high tech stuff lol? Heli mags don't count.
They have made massive small arms, shoulder-mounted rocket, SAM system, armored vehicle, and even aircraft sales to rebel groups such as the Taliban and even attempted sales to ISIS over the years. Literally anyone with international cash and a transportation pipeline can buy from them. While their recent goods are decidedly underwhelming, back in the 90s they had plenty of reasonably decent Soviet and Chinese gear to sell off, and they frequently did.

Now that they have such valuable long range nuclear strike technology, what's to stop them from attempting to make a killing on the market, especially with dwindling UN and Chinese subsidy/aid rates? That's the worst case. That's why world powers keep such a close eye on them.
>>
File: rule 2.gif (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
rule 2.gif
22KB, 400x300px
>>34477188
>>
>>34482027
>It's almost as if you described US or France or Israel, or many other countries.
Not even, the US doesn't test ballistic missiles on Bastille Day then call the French "Snail eating bastards" in official government communiques. There is a way of life/war when it comes to WMDs that the DPRK doesn't follow. Mainly MAD and escalation of violence in regards to nuclear wepaons. The issue is that the nations and people hell bent on acquiring nuclear weapons are the same people that call for the destruction on various groups depending on what time of the week it is.
>Best Korea is a scapegoat for tabloids.
No, the current situation with the DPRK is because of both Russian and Chinese posturing in the last 30 years, it's now coming back to bite them in the ass.
>>
>>34481745
>>34482027
>>34482130

Is this guy seriously trying to defend batshit Korea?
>>
>>34482335
It's a common and hilarious position on /pol/:
>best korea can't do nuffin
>they was a gud boi
>they jus bein used by internatural jew constipators as a scury scarecrow thing
>murrika and joos is the real ebil
>>
>>34480689
>bad cockpit visibility
>when they can literally use their helmet to look through the floor
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>34482130
>Since when NK produces high tech stuff lol?
Kh-35: Sold to Vietnam.
Scud-ER: Sold to UAE.
Scud-C: Sold to UAE, Iran.
Nuclear assistance: Sold to Syria.
MANPADS: Sold to numerous nations.
ATGM: Sold to numerous nations.
>>
>>34482335
Assmad yuros and self hating Americans will defend basically anybody who says anything mean about the United States, Israel, and the Jews. They, especially the Europeans and Iranian diaspora, routinely make shit up to justify this position
>>
>>34482335
>defend
>reading comprehension

>>34482412
Peanuts. As I said previously US, France, Israel etc have built and sold more deadly toys to more dangerous people than NK. France is well known to sell weapons to its own enemies, and no one complains.
>>
>>34482532
America and the jews doing evil shit is not mutually exclusive with north korea being the global equivalent of an autistic toddler with a handgun. That is /pol/ logic
>>
>>34482368
>this whole post
>internatural
>constipators
>scury

Well. Now my coworkers think I'm even more of a psychopath for actually cackling like a maniac sitting at my desk. So thanks for that. Thanks ever so much. See if I fucking browse /k/ from work again.
>>
>>34482616
>That is /pol/ logic
Actually, it's classic Soviet whataboutism tuned up with a little old-school KGB information manipulation. The sad fact is that /pol/ is nearly indistinguishable in tone now from the old KGB info dissemination templates.
>>
File: preemptive strike.jpg (472KB, 958x951px) Image search: [Google]
preemptive strike.jpg
472KB, 958x951px
>>
>>34478446
>stepping on the brakes instead of the gas
>>
>>34482570

Reading comprehension says you're defending North Korea's actions.

North Korea is dangerous and is only kept stable by outside forces.
>>
>>34482922
>North Korea is dangerous
NK is a third world country with third world means. Only brainwashed muricans think otherwise because OMG the grorious reader publicly insulted them repeatedly. Kindergarten mentality.
>>
>>34483042

Vatnik's handlers are mad that we're not going to abide the status quo non-shocker.
>>
>>34483042

Any country is capable of being dangerous, economic status is totally irrelevant.

In reality, if North Korea wasn't dangerous, they'd have been whipped out by now for threatening South Korea, sometimes killing people, for decades.
>>
>>34481042
? With their having nukes and missiles, now they'll blackmail us into feeding them and supplying energy forever - same problem.
>>
Why do we want war with best Korea? Always do the opposite of what Jews say and Jews want war with North Korea.
>>
>>34483224
Nukes don't accomplish that.

You can't rob someone by picking up and pointing a gun at them when they already have a gun pointed at you.
>>
>>34483240
North Korea already deterred the gun by clamping down on a live hand grenade. Now they've found a gun to hold onto.
>>
>>34483224
>now they'll blackmail us into feeding them and supplying energy forever - same problem.
Ah, but that blackmail is less than effective, considering the current and increasing ABM defenses piled up around the Norks. There's no way they can possibly build SRBM/MRBM platforms faster than Aegis ashore installations with SM-3s in South Korea. And if they ever actually hit that button, they know the retribution will be 100 times worse than anything they can possibly dish out, even if all their missiles make it through. It will be a long, long time before that kind of materiel blackmail would be possible for them.
>>
>>34483042
You're a goddamn fucking retard, sir. Kindly fuck off
>>
>>34483254

Still doesn't accomplish shit.
>>
>>34477188
Why? Integration into a unified Korea is a nightmare on a logistical scale, the DMZ negations with the PRC will be a long process too to ensure them it's not an American posturing against China, the economic damage on SK far outweighs any economic gain as well. It's better to just have covert operations disable NK nuclear operations and assassinate/smuggle key developers of the nuclear program.
>>
>>34483145
>if North Korea wasn't dangerous, they'd have been whipped out by now for threatening South Korea, sometimes killing people
What if they had not been whipped off yet BECAUSE they aren't dangerous at all? It's almost a 19th century society, their weapon science is laughable, I can't believe people are impressed by their V2 level attempts. As you said they threaten SK since 50 years now, and what have we seen? Nada! They're as dangerous as Ghana, with the difference that they're located just next the US entry base in East Asia, hence the constant media covering.
>>
>>34483549
That's some high quality disingenuous spin on the quality of North Korea's weapons and the risks of their intents.
>>
>>34483600
That's not a spin, that's a fact. Have you something to produce other than NK's propaganda and western media's wanking? No.
>>
>>34483650
>V2 level attempts
>2500 kilometer apogee in a ballistic trajectory

The V-2's apogee peaked at 206 kilometers when launched vertically. It's fact that you've grossly characterized their ICBMs.
>>
>>34483600
When your neighbor repeated says he's coming to burn your fucking house down with you in it and salt the ashes, then stockpiles gasoline, matches and buys a big tank with a strong pump system, well, I'd say it's time to start thinking about serious responses.

Nork media repeats, at least once a quarter, the threat that they're going to turn South Korea and/or the US into a "sea of flame" and other such ridiculous drivel. Unfortunately, now they're actively trying to develop the means to do so and have taken several strong steps along the way.

Don't blame the rest of the world for taking explicitly made threats and statements seriously alongside increasing nuclear capability.
>>
>>34483705
Did you mean to respond to a different post?
>>
>>34483705
>When your neighbor repeated says he's coming to burn your fucking house down with you in it and salt the ashes, then stockpiles gasoline, matches and buys a big tank with a strong pump system, well, I'd say it's time to start thinking about serious responses.
This. Whether you call it the Golden Rule, Kharma, Big Stick politics, Eye for an Eye or use the words of the great sage of Compton, CA, USA (ACT LIKE A BITCH, GIT SLAPPED LIKE A BITCH), the results are the same. If you don't want to get dickslapped, figure out how to put your dick away at the dinner table.
>>
>>34483717
Yup. My bad. >>34483705 meant for >>34483549.
>>
>>34481042
Except this is wrong. Korean reunification is within Russia's interests because North Korea shares a land border with Russia and South Korea is hungry for energy. Reunification is a means for Russia to make a ton of energy shekels and Korea to get cheap energy.

Also, South Koreans favor reunification:
http://en.asaninst.org/wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/action/dl.php?id=31507
>>
>>34483668
>2500 kilometer apogee in a ballistic trajectory
Source? (check very carefully, lulz ensue)

>>34483705
>Nork media repeats, at least once a quarter, the threat that they're going to turn South Korea and/or the US into a "sea of flame" and other such ridiculous drivel.
My fucking sides. And you believe it?
Also "the rest of the world" don't give a flying fuck, in case you didn't notice.
>>
>>34483855
>Source? (check very carefully, lulz ensue)
United States Pacific Command provided flight time and splashdown distance; this provides the means of computing the necessary apogee to achieve that combination of flight time and downrange distance.
>>
>>34477188

I have the strangest feeling that all of these threads about obliterating best korea are started by paid chinese shitposters
>>
>>34485347
>wanting to get rid of a communist state threatening the US and it's allies means you're a chinese shill
Yeah okay. Fuck off, /pol/.
>>
>>34483549
If NK is able to get the ability to strike west coast cites with nukes, they gain a powerful baring chip to get sanctions lifted.

>They're as dangerous as Ghana

Ghana doesn't have thousands of artillery pieces pre-positioned to strike at one of the worlds most densely populated cites.

Ghana doesn't have a million plus fanatical zealots willing to die for their glorious leader

Ghana doesn't have chemical weapons

Ghana isn't attempting to build nuclear missiles
>>
File: IMG_5340.jpg (160KB, 1264x941px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5340.jpg
160KB, 1264x941px
I live in southeast Alaska and we just had a squadron of something land and take off. I just stuck my phone out the window but you can see the tail sections. It's been like this all week.
>>
>>34485365
You've seriously gotta stop randomly advertising /pol/. You make people who dislike the board sound like morons when you randomly mention it like that.
>>
File: F-18s.jpg (972KB, 1823x1101px) Image search: [Google]
F-18s.jpg
972KB, 1823x1101px
>>34485615
Those are F-18s.
>>
>>34485655
I'm not really into military craft but their was maybe 8 of them. They were taking off in 2's. I'm wondering if it's actually a happening.
>>
>>34485705
Not from Alaska. The F-18 only has a ferrying range of 2,070 miles, and The Happening won't kick off with Carrier based strike aircraft.
>>
>>34485705
it's just training exercise. i wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>34485615
F-22s stationed up there doing distributed/auxiliary airstrip training in case they go fuck up their bingo fuel call or their base gets cratered, looks like. It can only be F-22s or F-18s with those tails, and the wing looks more like an F-22.
>>
>>34485615
did you see those C-130s flying like 300-400 feet off the ground over by the boniface entrance to jber like 2 days ago? they were CRAZY low
>>
>>34485800
Oh i just noticed the "southeast" sorry my mistake
>>
File: f22_raptor_taxiing_by_xi_ix.jpg (84KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
f22_raptor_taxiing_by_xi_ix.jpg
84KB, 1191x670px
>>34485777
The engines and tail are too narrow to be a 22.
>>
>>34486003
It does look a little that way, but it's so far away/low res I can't be sure. Also, it looks like the wing tips are downward canted, which the F-18s are not but the F-22s are.

Could be a joint exercise with the RCAF and their bugs, I guess. A joint NORAD aux runway drill?
>>
>>34486044
I haven't been able to find any announced exercises that fit the bill.
>>
>>34486197
If it's a yearly capability confirmation thing, or part of pilot training up there to visually identify and use back-up strips, then it may not be announced. Summer makes sense, as the danger of ice and snow on the strips would be lowest, and the strips probably just got yearly maintenance. Probably just business as usual.
>>
File: Ghandam.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ghandam.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>34485584
They do have Mecha though...
>>
>>34481042
>wasteland

I have to disagree with this. Lack of industry makes it the opposite really. That isn't much comfort when dying of starvation though, of course.
>>
>>34485615
those are F18s
>>
>>34483650

>wanking

You're either British or under 21.
>>
>>34478446
My dad said something like this happened to him while he was driving between fire bases at night in Vietnam.
>>
>>34489363
>I have to disagree with this. Lack of industry makes it the opposite really. That isn't much comfort when dying of starvation though, of course.
Unless, of course, you've heavily over-farmed the arable land for decades, cut down a huge portion of the trees without a sustainable plan and dumped mine run-off and other industrial pollutants in your rivers.

I said almost pre-industrial, and that's really only in comparison to the countries around it.
>>
>>34482688
That yield is WAY off.
>>
>>34482408
proof?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.