[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real life mother base.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

So in reality what is stopping someone from building their own mother base?
Surely given enough resources anyone could do it.
>>
>>34473792
because (((they))) wont tolerate anyone trying to escape the constraints of their world wide puppet governments
>>
International law and "potential" national security risks
>>
I do love it when dudes pack themselves and all their shit into one small, easily destroyed position.
>>
>>34473792
>given enough resources
You realize, that is a fuckton of resources, right?
>>
>>34473814
Worth it if I can strap weather balloons to horses.
>>
>>34473792
>given enough resources
That's the problem, anyone with the amount of resources doesn't want to do it, while anyone who does, doesn't have the resources needed.
>>
>>34473792
Because it has no benefit over just buying a super hauler and making it into a floating military base with reinforced parts for helicopter pads?

Mother Base was a fucking stupid idea for all the effort it took to build.

If they had the money to build a naval airfield, they probably had the money to just buy a Nimitz outright.
>>
>>34473792
>what is stopping someone from building their own mother base?

Nothing

What's stopping someone from building their own Mother Base with its own paramilitary?

The USA and every other major military. They see competition, they kill competition.
>>
-it'll cost hundreds millions of dollars
-the only benefit it provides is being out of any other country
-the business of PMCs was never MGS-tier crazy to need a such a structure, not even during the peak at the 70s/80s

any sane business owner decides NOT to spend several hundred million and instead figures out how to run operations from dry land.
>>
>>34473857
>>34473845
>>34473814
Then what if someone where to do it on a pre existing structure or on unclaimed land?
>>
>>34473845
get a container ship, shipping containers, a couple guys from /diy/, and a few hundred dollars worth of cocaine. You'll have a mobile mother base in a week
>>
>>34473893
that is the better idea. Preferably just work on the mainland so that you have easy travel and deliveries. A small island / thing that's close to the shore is another option. If you reaaally want to get out of the country then buy an oil rig (still shitloads of money) or build up a reef island like China is doing right now.
>>
So lets say some PMC built a "mother base" off the coast of Africa or some shit and was assisting governments there by providing training and additional fighters as needed. What would the US actually do? Just bomb the place? Would they tell those African countries relying on those guys if they don't stop they'll cut aid? Would they send SEALs or some shit to plant explosives?
>>
>>34473893
>>34473933
Hell who would even do it?
>>
>>34473941
The US wouldn't do much if they were given a piece of the pie. I feel like the US would actually be involved in some way, to use them as non state soldiers.
>>
>>34473792
>Surely given enough resources anyone could do it.
Probably, the question is if it is possible to harvest enough anode material from actively processing sea water for it, for it to be sustainable.
The next question is if it is viable using finite energy.
The next question is if you're ok with the picturesque view being ruined by hundreds of acres of parabolic mirrors.
>>
>>34473977
I don't remember if MSF got US contracts in PW, but Diamond Dogs did get contracts from the US during TPP. The US government already uses PMCs in some capacity so it's no stretch of the imagination to assume they'd use some PMC that is in the area.

The problem arises with how Snake and Kaz had every intention of fighting against the US and/or their interests if the job came in. I think the US would have a very big problem with that if it ever happened, although, would the US then go after the PMC or the government that hired them? Has any other nation ever hired a PMC to fight against another nation before? I mean the US uses PMCs against insurgents and shit but I've never heard of PMCs fighting government forces on behalf of another government.
>>
>>34473941
depends what they're doing exactly and who they're assisting. Providing training is a common legal task for modern PMCs. Providing soldiers is probably illegal, mercenaries are unlawful combatants by the Geneva convention, and it's illegal for US citizens to go to war against a country that the US is at peace with. I cannot find my source that the second part, if anybody can assist I think it was some PMC/dumbasses plan to take over another country. They got nabbed by the FBI.

Any if they were performing illegal activities then civil countries would arrest anyone in their jurisdictions. Maybe local countries would enact a blockade on the base. I don't think the US would specifically get involved besides arresting people when possible.
>>
I would join mother base as would a lot of people
Anyone interest and serious should see this.
wb52Y9H
>>
>>34473792
Just sheer resources and logistics.
I think anyone can build on open waters as long at it doesn't affect trade or block ship routes.
>>
>>34473792
Haven't the Chinese already done this?
>>
Ya know, I believe in the idea of a motherbase, an Outer Heaven. A place we can call our own without the rest of the world on our backs. Sure it might not be the home for mercs like in Metal Gear, but it'll be a home for us.
Here's a discord for those of you who think like I do.
https://discord.gg/s7bD9
>>
>>34473792
>those graphics
is this actually the new one? seems kindof low res and shit looking
>>
>>34474090
Old one from Peace Walker
>>
>>34474043
>Maybe local countries would enact a blockade on the base

How would this deal with helicopter traffic though? Most mother base soldiers seem to deploy by helicopter, and I'm sure some boats come in for supplies but they are pretty self sufficient. In TPP you can visit some platform where they're actually growing food out at sea.

>>34474090
That's the motherbase from Peacewalker, the PSP game
>>
>>34474090
This is from peace walker
>>
>>34474096
>>34474097
>>34474098
Never heard of peace walker.
But good, because I'm used to console graphics being pretty meh, but that was even worse than I pictured in my head.
To be honest, I was actually expecting you guys to say that was the new mgs on ps4 or something. Wouldn't have surprised me.
>>
>>34473941
They'd blow up your base and accuse you of trying to build WMDs to justify it.
>>
>>34474127
Nah the Fox Engine is really well optimized. Still better on PC, my gaymen laptop runs MGS5 very nicely, but pretty good on PS4/Xbone
>>
>>34474171
>Still better on PC
What isn't? I've only played it a bit on ps4 though. Seemed ok.
>>
>>34473792
Doesn't CATOBAR still require headwinds?
>>
>>34473792
>(((they)))
Who is (((they)))?
>>
File: 1498948961908.jpg (135KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
1498948961908.jpg
135KB, 600x701px
>>34474274
Da juice
>>
>>34474337
What would Jewish people have to do with building a series of connected fortresses in the middle of the ocean? Isn't the reason it won't happen is because its quite frankly, unfeasible...
>>
File: Solitaires_Sans_Maisons.png (28KB, 1350x594px) Image search: [Google]
Solitaires_Sans_Maisons.png
28KB, 1350x594px
Mother Base will be real!
>>
>>34474127
There's an HD remake of Peacewalker for the PS3, maybe the vita too I'm not sure. I really liek it, and it's like MGS5 if you liked the way that was set up (many short missions that you play in order as opposed to a full game like MGS1-4)
>>
>>34473800
You mean the patriots?
>>
>>34475887
((They)) can still hear us.
La-li-lu-le-lo. That's their name.
>>
>>34474043
>Implying the US cares about the Geneva convention
If the PMCs do the job better and cheaper than using the actual military, the DoD would look the other way as they did what they did. As it stands now though, it's usually cheaper to send the marines over than to use dedicated mercs for the job. Much less plauable is any of these PMCs having enough money to afford to operate CAS while still turning a profit.
>>
You would be better off building an underground bunker. Way more hidden and less open to bombing.
>>
>>34476015
Yeah but then you have to deal with the /k/ molemen and those guys are more trouble than they're worth
>>
>>34474717
Imagine being this bluepilled
>>
>>34474717
Good goy.
>>
>>34475139
I made that.
>>
>>34476587
[spoiler]civil[/spoiler]
>>
>implying da jooos / patriots wouldn't infiltrate mother base personel and stage an attack that blows up mother base
>>
File: p02p4xn1.jpg (41KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
p02p4xn1.jpg
41KB, 624x351px
Nobody mentioned Sealand yet? For shame, /k/. For shame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

>In August 1978, Alexander Achenbach, who describes himself as the Prime Minister of Sealand, hired several German and Dutch mercenaries to spearhead an attack on Sealand while Bates and his wife were in England. They stormed the platform with speedboats, Jet Skis and helicopters, and took Bates' son Michael hostage. Michael was able to retake Sealand and capture Achenbach and the mercenaries using weapons stashed on the platform. Achenbach, a German lawyer who held a Sealand passport, was charged with treason against Sealand and was held unless he paid DM 75,000 (more than US$35,000 or £23,000). The governments of the Netherlands, Austria and Germany petitioned the British government for his release, but the United Kingdom disavowed his imprisonment, citing the 1968 court decision. Germany then sent a diplomat from its London embassy to Sealand to negotiate for Achenbach's release. Roy Bates relented after several weeks of negotiations and subsequently claimed that the diplomat's visit constituted de facto recognition of Sealand by Germany.
>>
>>34476281
>>34476127
You two idiots haven't said anything about why they would keep people from building a prohibitively expensive structure in the middle of the ocean. If you're going to says it's the Jews or at least infer it's them, for once in your lives don't be cowards and stand up for what you actually believe in. You have the largest audience you'll ever have in your lives, try to redpill us you big ballers you.
>>
>>34473808
That's why they built all the platforms away from each other in 5
>>
>>34474717
>shekel for a god goy
>>
>>34478500
read
>>34478395
>>
>>34478608
>0.15 shekels have been deposited to your account
>>
File: 1498791746246.jpg (49KB, 726x604px) Image search: [Google]
1498791746246.jpg
49KB, 726x604px
>>34474717
oh you sweet summer child
>>
File: rAQBMyz.jpg (64KB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
rAQBMyz.jpg
64KB, 544x960px
>>34474717
>he doesn't know about rare deepwater Jews
>>
>>34478648
>>34478629
>>34478671
So nothing then? Not even a poorly edited YouTube video?
>>
>>34478464

So it takes about 0.1 seconds of tail fin movement from a bunch of smart bombs to get the same result. Wow!
>>
>>34473792

Why a static base? Why not a fleet?

You could have EVERYTHING on ships too, there's nothing you can't fit on a big fleet.
>>
File: 1430224986864.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1430224986864.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
>>34478692
>he wants to be spoonfed about (((them))) on this taiwanese trap shooting & fucking forum

lurk more newfag
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>34478692
>good goyim
>you'll get all the shekels with posts like that
>>
>>34478741
>>34478738
Well considering you are not going into detail.... How are these any different than US Navy aircraft carriers? At least the carriers are mobile. Don't you think they'd consider a moving fortress to be an even bigger threat?
>>
>>34476877
I doubt there'll ever be another Sealand, the US sure as fuck won't allow anything like that off the coast.
>>
Outer Heaven is better.
>>
File: Gorilla kek.jpg (486KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla kek.jpg
486KB, 1024x768px
>>34478671
>>
>>34473792
Mother base right there in that picture, would cost around 4 billion dollars.

Thats based on $200 million a platform which is pretty much the absolute minimum.
>>
>>34479479

>4 billion
>for a naval airport capable of landing C-130s

No. Try that much for that strip alone.

Military bases cost billions anyway. A naval base with all the shit they had on Mother Base? Try at least as much as a Ford, if not more.
>>
>>34479484
Yeah I was basing it on the platform and platform sizes. Not taking into account the runway beyond size.

$200 million seems like the minimum for an oil rig platform.
>>
For a time a few friends and I wanted to build a Mother Base in Ark: Survival Evolved.

Game logistics made it unfeasible, but not impossible.
>>
>>34473792
How are you meant to land on that without hitting something?
>>
>>34478759
Wasn't the point of Mother Base that it was located off of the coast of Eastern Africa? Doing it off the coast of the States is asking for it to die before it even starts.
>>
So all the disadvantages of a carrier with none of the advantages
>>
>>34473941
No one would care. But no one with money is going to build something like that anyway.
Just not economical. Costs in the hundreds of millions to several billions for something the size of pic related.
Then you have to keep investing into maintenance, logistics costs a fortune, personal costs go up because you have to bribe people to go work there (see example how much it pays to work on oil rigs, doing the same job as on land).

Each problem is magnified in conditions like these. having a storm? Well shit, ships can't go to your little place (happens with oil rigs all the time). So if your PMCs are needed right then, you're fucked.

And on and on. It's just a stupid idea for this purpose. Otherwise superpowers would have been doing this all over the place.
Still it's extremely rare.
>>
>>34479509
I think it was only used for cargo planes, as MSF never officially had any fixed-wing aircraft, although I presume they had some way of deploying their tanks on away missions.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.