[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of buying my first rifle in New York State which do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1495232609406.png (262KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
1495232609406.png
262KB, 680x661px
Thinking of buying my first rifle in New York State

which do you guys recommend for a very beginner in NYS?
>>
>>34472721
If you've never shot at all before, get a Marlin Model 60, Ruger 10/22, or Marlin 795.
>>
Mosin nagant. It's $250 and it works. That's about all you need to learn
>>
>>34472737
>>34472738
Thanks, I'll talk a look at these
>>
I'd suggest a .22LR for ammo costs. If you want something immediately usable for HD you could get a Mini 14, Mini 30, or Saiga Sporter, all of which are typically AWB-complaint. 5.56 and 7.62x39 are totally manageable for a new shooter, just more expensive for recreation.
>>
Don't get a fucking Mosin garbage. For a beginner get a Ruger 10/22 and a few mags. Lots of ammo. Plink and learn how to shoot/aim. Then, depending on your budget upgrade. I guess an AR but that's not my bag. Perhaps get an SKS and you will have the same type of joy as with the 10/22.

Then grow some balls and move up to a bolt action .308 for long range, up to an beyond 100 yards. Most NY ranges are limited to 100 yards but there are few that are beyond.

Whereabouts are you NY bro?
>>
>>34472738
Mosin nuts are only popular because poorfags got a working bolt action rifle for $100 or less a few years ago and the ammo was cheap.

Now the ammo is drying up and prices of the gun is approaching new entry level bolt action rifles that are chambered in variety of calibers, it's really just people "who got theirs" praising something that isn't worth it anymore.

Its like all the people praising remington, but only ever bought from them in the 70-80's and have no fucking clue the current market and current shit status remington is swimming in.
>>
>>34472721
There is an exemption on ammo capacity for tubular rimfires. Get a Henry .22 lever action and some .22 short CB rounds (primer but no powder and hearing safe). You can fit 22 reds of .22 short into the Henry so you can just plink in your backyard all day.
>>
Cheap bolt actions: Mosin, Turkish or Argentine Mauser, or Savage Axis.
Cheap semi autos: 10/22, SKS.
There ya go. I hope your local gun stores have a good stock.
>>
File: 1486437104151.jpg (89KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486437104151.jpg
89KB, 960x960px
>>34472738
>Paying $250 for an $80 slavshit rifle.
Save your money and move out of jewyork OP.
>>
Fellow jew yorker here, it depends on what you want but heres what I recommend. If you like scoped fairly precise shooting, I'd say a savage axis in what ever caliber you can consistently find (308,270,243,ect) if you like shotguns go for a pump action like a mossberg 500 or an older remington 870, you can get different barrels and stocks for whatever kind of shooting you like, if you just want a fun cheap gun go with a marlin model 60 or a Henry lever action in 22lr both are fun and easy to get in this freedom hating state. And finaly you could get an ar-15 but to get it legal you either have to do some work on it or pay to have that work done. And if for some reason you want to try and get a pistol permit I would recommend a glock, sadly, they just are good beginner pistols
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.