[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optic advice for an 850$ rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: windham_mpc_a.jpg (106KB, 1434x485px) Image search: [Google]
windham_mpc_a.jpg
106KB, 1434x485px
I know this is really specific so I don't know what actual value this thread provides other members of /k/ but I didn't know where else to get a feeler for this: I have a Windham Weaponry MPC with the carry handle and under it, the standard piccy-rail if I took it off - however the front sight is the gas block as I've been told and if I put a sight on the rail it would be perma co-witness and I'm not sure I dig that for a red-dot/holo optic).
I've never had optics before but I've shot BB-guns and 22's all growing up so I'm pretty solid with iron sights. I've been thinking about something in the 500-700 range? I keep going back to thinking the T-2 is super solid. Though the Vortex UH-1 (even with the retical issues is interesting especially if they figure out how to get the doubling taken care of) looks decent maybe. My question is - if the rifle cost (4 years ago) 850 new, and they say not to go too much over half of your rifle price for optics - would it be foolish to spend that much? I mean an Aimpoint PRO would probably do it. I don't want to buy trash though. I have no time for Holosun, etc. even if people swear by them or think they're "just as good" - I'm not going that route.
I was thinking Aimpoint Pro, T-2, Trijicon MRO, or Vortex Uh-1? Steer me into a direction? Bully me? Whatever...
(It's for home defense, plinking and SHTF. I'm not larping as an 0p3r80r but I can't stand chincy shit)
>>
File: WP_20170522_011[1].jpg (914KB, 2765x1573px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170522_011[1].jpg
914KB, 2765x1573px
>>34471121
>hey say not to go too much over half of your rifle price for optics
What the fuck is this abject retardation
>>
>>34471136
Okay. Maybe not. You're the experts. I've just said what advice I've seen floating around. Relax.
>>
You should probably stake your castle nut before it gets loose because the fucks at Windham are too lazy to do it themselves.
>>
>>34471157
Duly noted. :)
>>
File: WP_20170423_005[1].jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170423_005[1].jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>34471152
You asked for BULLY in OP you get BULLY
>get a T-2
>>
HERROSUN

^__^

MAKE SHOOT FAST
>>
>>34471171
True! Touché. Haha.
The T-2 is my frontrunner. Just checking if I'm making some monumental fuck up by /k/ standards sticking it on my bullet-doer.
>>
>>34471121

T2 is cool, I got one and like it. I have a CompM4 as well, and it's also good but heavier. I got the 3x magnifier by Aimpoint as well because fuck it why not.

If you're on a budget and don't mind the weight then a PRO should serve you well. Comb eBay and your classifieds for a used T2 (or even H2). They pop up from time to time. If you don't mind possibly buying some of Uncle Sam's liberated property then you can find some really cheap red dots, just don't go sending then to Aimpoint for servicing if they die.
>>
>>34471223
Thanks for the reply, that's really helpful advice.
Wyndham's are already on the chubbier side so it's well into the 6 pound range stock. Lighter is probably better but not most main concern. I certainly am not looking to put a 16oz beast on it (which probably negates the UH-1) cause I'm not a power-lifter. Anyways, so warranty doesn't slide to subsequent buyers? I didn't know that but good to keep in mind. I'd probably buy it new if that's the case. I like having some recourse even if it stings a little more on the wallet. I'm not a big gear hopper so once I buy something it's for the long haul.
>>
>>34471261

Warranty DOES slide to subsequent buyers. They're lifetime, no questions asked. Best warranty in the market. When I refered to "liberated optics", I meant stolen. Soldiers steal those things all the time and post them on eBay and other sites. Usually they don't want to reveal the serial number to any potential buyer. If you manage to get the serial number out of them and shoot an email to Aimpoint, who can then confirm it as a genuine Aimpoint and not a counterfeit, but that it may have also been part of a .mile contract. There are almost zero surplus Aimpoint at this time, so if it's government contract it's likely stolen. If you send it in to them they will give it back to the government, who may then come question you and ask you for the eBay user's name that sold it to you. If you don't mind owning such an optic and only plan on keeping it for SHTF or as a range toy, then by all means, you can get one of those for dirt cheap.
>>
>>34471327
Oh okay I got you. Thanks for the tip. Appreesh.
>>
>>34471361

The other dude was wrong about the Aimpoint warranty. Per their site:

Aimpoint guarantees its products to be free from original manufacturer defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years for professional or competition use and 10 years for personal use from the date of purchase.

Personal use shall mean: use of the sight in a way that implies less exposure than professional use.Professional or frequent competition use shall mean: daily or highly frequent use of the sight in professional activities (military or law enforcement) or under conditions that could be compared to as professional.

The warranty is valid provided that the sight has not been misused, disassembled or tampered with in any way. Any attempt to disassemble or repair the product will void the warranty.

The warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable.

Any warranty claim must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt showing date of purchase.
>>
>>34471136
Nice optic. That's what I have on my 10/22.
>>
>>34471184

this was cute. A CUTE!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.