[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

situational awareness for the socially awkward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Whi2jyE.png (937KB, 434x512px) Image search: [Google]
Whi2jyE.png
937KB, 434x512px
I watch ton of videos on situational awareness while carrying, and the thing i keep hearing is "watch out for people who don't look you straight in the eye and their eyes are darting around or look uneasy"
The thing is I do that. I don't like looking people in the eye. It's something I work on but it doesn't mean I'm going to shank someone or that I'm lying. In fact I suck at lying.

How do I develop skills to differentiate between people who might be looking for trouble and people who might just suck at social interaction like me?

How about a concealed carry/situational awareness general.
>>
File: 1499436212606.jpg (39KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
1499436212606.jpg
39KB, 612x408px
"son....if you can't look a man straight in the eye and give him a firm handshake and say 'I connect with you, let's head to a sportsbar and watch the big game' then you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun....in fact what is that you have in your shirt.....G-Lock....looks like a toy, what are you scared of boy? All I need to defend my home is a double barreled 12 gauge my father gave me and the ol' one and two right hook. In fact...give me that thing I don't think you're ready to carry it"
>>
I would really like to get one of those vest. What are the odds I'll get stopped and searched by the police for wearing meme clothes?
>>
>>34470303
Shave your beard in the shape of a glock logo so the cops will know you are a good guy with a gun. DOn't forget to also buy a concealed carry badge.
>>
File: Imagination.jpg (42KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
Imagination.jpg
42KB, 600x493px
walk down the street or to the store. Say hi to people you pass
>>
>>34470313
they automatically respect anyone with a Sheepdog patch on their fly fisherman vest.
>>
>>34470440
If you pass a gear check you won't get arrested
>>
>>34470266
Take
This
Shit
To
/soc/

Holy fucking shit can you stop ruining the board?
>>
File: 1407548277586.jpg (18KB, 235x225px) Image search: [Google]
1407548277586.jpg
18KB, 235x225px
>HURR DURR KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR X

I really hate motherfuckers who carry with this mindset like they're looking for trouble. You people are going to get killed and it's going to be no one's fault but your own.

>putting yourself in, or looking for danger with a weapon meant for self defense
>>
>>34470266
You dont.
Truly.

Your at 711 buying a pack of smokes, or getting a gatoraide..jamal busts goes to the register and demands $.

You never expected it, you never saw it coming, you where not ready.

The only diffrence is..

Person A. Does not have a weapon
Person B. Has a CCW

Which person do you want to be in that situation.

Beyond always checking your surroundings and shooting weekly with your pistol.

>theres nothing else you can be expected to do
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about your problems

Take it to /soc/ and don't come back
>>
>>34470266
Look at peoples feet. You can count the number of people near you by counting feet and take note of the footwear they wear than you can place them in groups in your head, assess the threat from each one.
>>
>>34470299
Yes Dad...
>>
>>34470430
Say Hi to EVERYONE

>>34470604
>t. someone who doesn't live in a city and isn't around people who commit muggings
>>
>>34470577

Is that a gear check in the World of Warcraft sense or more like the penis inspection at the local kinoplex?
>>
File: _90427799_034112257-1.jpg (26KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_90427799_034112257-1.jpg
26KB, 624x351px
>>34470577
>>
>>34470266
Situational Awareness isn't about watching out for the guy walking past you whose gonna try somethingg. It's paying attention to everything and realizing that pack of ne'erdowells who eyeballed you as they passed and changed direction to follow you are a potential threat that should take you to orange from yellow. Or aggressive yelling in a gas station, or popping noises at school. Noticing the lights in a parking garage are busted. Small things like that. And not being on your phone while you're moving around. Stuff like that. Shifty people are just shifty. I was at a bar and saw a guy get coldcocked. The only headsup the victim had was the aggressor calmly putting his bag down. Be vigilant and polite and 9/10 you'll be fine.
>>
remember that hair movement is a sign of weakness, so keep it gelled to shit
>>
>>34470299
>checkered shouldersman reaches for my weapon
>I teleport behind him
>defend yourself from THIS!
>>
>>34470303
Do not purchase or wear one of those vests.
>>
>>34470303

unless you're going to jurassic park or taking photos at an NFL game you have no business wearing that
>>
File: 1439037219660.png (85KB, 220x232px) Image search: [Google]
1439037219660.png
85KB, 220x232px
I just shoot anyone who is socially awkward near me.
They will be too embarrassed to sue you anyway but might write a longass anonymous email to the local sheriff, who is obviously your range buddy already.
>>
Just go to a thrift store and buy oversized short sleeve Aloha shirts. Done.
>>
>>34473553
Already did. Except where I live they are more like "fat African cab driver" shirts.
>>
>>34470299
>my life is an action movie from the 90s.
Fuck off boomer
>>
>>34475566
More like 70s

>you see son, this here is a revolver, it's what real men used back in the day before your plastic mattelware you call firearms these days. It fires a real catridge out of a real cylinder. Now excuse my while I go soak my dentures in Hoppes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ql3l9C_qQ4
>>
>>34470299
That man does not own a gun.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.