[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yugo Npap 30k round report

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Unbox1.jpg (43KB, 1025x769px) Image search: [Google]
Unbox1.jpg
43KB, 1025x769px
My S5 has a shitty camera, so I didn't bother to take pictures this time around. I don't know if you remember me, but back about a year and a half ago I made a report on 4chan about how my yugo npap held up at 10k rounds. With 30k rounds and thousands of dollars now finally through the barrel, it's time to list out all of the aspects of the rifle so far.

Rear butt stock replaced due to splitting (~22k)
Lower part of wooden handguard cracked in half
Upper part of wooden handguard in contact with gas block obliterated, replaced with makeshift shroud, really peeved about how poorly the wood held up at only 15k rounds
Hammer cracked around 14k, entire trigger assembly replaced and has held up
Shepard's hook replace due to warping (which surprised me)
Recoil spring replaced with "M70 recoil spring" after rifle started to malfunction around the same month the hammer cracked. Held up since.
Gas block dirty as shit despite heavy cleaning attempts, no cracks other than the wooden handguard in contact with it
Denting or bubbling along top of gas block, rifle still functioning
Bolt replaced twice with M70 bolt due to cracking along the shaft
Magazine catch has superficial crack
Rear sight lever thing re-attached
No visible evidence of pitting in the barrel
Mild corrosion in barrel (only fired silver bear and golden tiger through it)
Slant brake replaced

>continued
>>
>>34468636
Pistol grip shows cracking along the forward facing top part in contact with lower receiver
Superficial cracking along top of lower receiver around ejection port
Superficial cracking around pins present on lower receiver
Broken lower receiver pins (had to makeshift and replace for last few thousand rounds)
Cracking of lower receiver in contact with butt stock
Locking pin for dust cover/recoil spring destroyed (but not really necessary anyway)

Only things on the rifle not somehow replaced or damage is the dust cover and safety assembly, outside of the shepherd's hook that holds it together

After 29k rounds the rifle was trashed. I don't have any progress pictures, after a certain point of continuously forgetting to take them I said fuck it. Rifle now stored as a memory and I am looking at getting a new wasr to replace it soon.

If there's any parts not listed you'd like to know about, ask and I'll answer, I kept a general log of everything replaced and/or damaged on the rifle.
>>
>>34468637
I don't believe this shit at all, until proven otherwise.
I'd like to see all these log entries.
I'd also like to see pics of the rifle as it now sits, all the cracks and fucked up components.
>>
out of curiosity would you buy another npap?
>>
>>34468651
>I don't believe this shit at all, until proven otherwise.
found the yugo owner
>>
>>34468651
What are you not believing, that a rifle meant for civilian sale broke down after 30 thousand rounds, or that it held up that long to begin with? If the latter, it sounds like he kept it on life support for a good while.
>>
>>34468685
What are you even trying to imply?
So a yugo can have only 10 times much ammo as it costs go through it, as opposed to 15-20?

>hurr, a gun that was shot to shit needed a bunch of components replaced
Ya don't say.
>>
>>34468701
That he didn't blow over $7k on ammo alone to "test" a Yugo of all things.
How are you all so trusting with zero actual proof?

>By the way my dad works for Nintendo.
>>
File: 1491998891412.png (72KB, 226x263px) Image search: [Google]
1491998891412.png
72KB, 226x263px
>>34468636
>My S5 has a shitty camera
WTF kind of excuse is this? I had an S2 and it had a perfectly acceptable camera. Post pics.
>>
>>34468723
This is a gun enthusiast's board. This is a board about guns. We post about guns here. He probably just shoots it for fun, not for testing, it might be his main rifle. This is like asking someone who logged what he replaced on his Honda Civic after 200k miles that posted on /o/ for receipts, logs, and pictures for proof that he drove his honda civic that long despite being able to drive something else.

This. This is why the quality of the board is shit. Because you morons ridicule anyone who tries to be helpful or make useful posts while cherishing those that make yet another general, "first gun", atf, caliber comparison, or troll thread.
None of what he said, by the way, is even unbelievable, and most of his reports coincide with other online reports about how yugo products hold up, most noticeably with the wood.
>>
>>34468754
It's actually completely unbelievable until he posts proof of his claim.
I don't give a fuck what he replaced, I asked to see it as it now sits.
That's not even that difficult.
In actuality, you're why this board is shit; gullibly believing every blog post bullshit that goes through here without backing up the claims made.
So go back to /o/ with your Honda comparisons, faggot.
Until he posts definitive proof of his claims he's a fucking liar, and you're a chump for believing it.
>>
>>34468651
I'm afraid you can believe what you want, my log entries are basically a .txt document I had on notepad just listing what I replaced. I didn't always keep track of when it was replaced or when it broke, because sometimes I found damage later on during cleaning that I didn't think to look for.
>>34468668
If they could improve the quality control of furniture sure, but I've seen a lot of "stress tests" online that claim the wasr holds up better under stress.
>>34468701
This isn't necessarily indicative of how other yugos will hold up. They may now have better or worse quality control, and new rifles may hold up better or shut down quicker. This is just how my specific rifle did, and you can't really base the company or manufactured product off the reports of a single rifle.
>>34468723
Same goes for you, I'm afraid you'll have to take my word for it.
>>34468742
What I mean is that I eventually broke my camera last year when I fell whilst hiking, dislocating my hip.
>>34468754
I can understand that they have doubts, there is a lot of doubt in the world, it's just how we are. The current politics and events going around on social media don't help. Before basis a major decision such as what kind of car (or rifle) I might purchase based on the self reports of someone else, I too would probably want proof.
>>
>>34468793
At least you seem sincere.
>the first and 4th quoted posts are me
I actually hope you're not bullshitting, but I still want some pics and the logs.
>Copy/paste the logs here, at least it'll be something.
30k isn't terrible and it's about on par with Battlefield LV's assessment of the NPAPs.
>>
>>34468813
I just copy/pasted the logs into the OP, and edited a little bit here and there and fit it into 4chan's post format. Anything not listed I basically didn't log, so I would be going off memory if you had a question about any specific part not listed.
>>
>>34468636
Thanks for the info. I read that the shitty furniture is put on by the importer (CAI, I think). Unlike the OPAPs, which I believe were milspec and had original furniture
>>
I believe you OP, but you really ought to post some pics.
>>
>>34468636
>I bothered to document everything but no pictures what so ever.

I'm sure you threw everything away already including the gun and can never take any more pictures.

This thread is silly and pointless.
>>
>>34468888
Fair enough, and nice digits.
I figured they would be a little more detailed, ie dates and specifics as to rounds shot in each session and what broke when (beyond just "this broke at x number of rounds")
>>
>>34468636
>>34468637
I enjoyed reading this, thank you OP. When you get your WASR, you should do the same and try to take pictures as well.
>>
>$500 rifle can consume $6000 worth of ammo
Sounds okay to me.
>>
>npap
>cheap and breaks
News at 11. This is the normie AK.
>>
>>34468636
>>34468637
They are pieces of shit as I've claimed all along, Zastava QC is nonexistent but people love their memes.
>>
>>34468637
Hows the rifling holding up? Have you noticed the accuracy start to degrade?
>>
>>34469009
That's fair, and you are free to believe what you want.
>>34469027
No, I just go shooting a lot, and I brought my npap to a bunch of shooting events and let people shoot the shit out of it. Bring it to big sandy a couple times and it'll get some rounds through it.
>>34469157
We'll see when I get a couple wasrs in at the same time. I just want to stockpile a few of them and sight them in, break them in, etc. It would be nice to have a small arsenal of common weapons that share parts and ammo. It's been my dream to just stockpile my own small arsenal, just 10-15 of the same guns, equipment, loadouts, etc. I don't know why it's so appealing to me.

Until then, I'm getting a little tired of shooting lately. Might take a few months off to relax.
>>34470110
They were better than early 10/63s as far as I know.
>>34471094
The accuracy went down hard after the first 5k or so rounds. By the time I was 20k in it stayed about as bad as it was going to get. Could still hit metal silhouettes at 100 yards up until the end, so I wasn't too concerned.
>>
>>34470088
>any rifle
>lasting to 30,000 fucking rounds
It's impressive the fucking barrel lasted that long. As long as you know how to work on your own guns like OP seems to... I still think it's impressive a gun lasted to 30,000 to begin with, I didn't expect the Yugo rifles to last to 1,000.
>>
File: _20170308_212548.jpg (60KB, 458x480px) Image search: [Google]
_20170308_212548.jpg
60KB, 458x480px
I have an NPAP. I'm afraid to ever shoot it. I'm cucked. But it looks cool in my safe.
>>
>>34468702
>30,000 rounds
>"shot to shit"
Meanwhile any competently built rifle will not have any parts failures other than the barrel before the end of its third barrel's life, regardless of caliber, model, design, or manufacturer.
>>
>>34468651
here's an interesting thread from a machine gun rental place in vegas with reports of high use aks
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/159106_AK_abuse__home_built_version_update_on_Page_6_.html&page=1

seems topical to the thread
>>
File: 5165123-T600450.1.jpg (71KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
5165123-T600450.1.jpg
71KB, 600x356px
>>34468636
So it's a $600 rifle, and you spent roughly $6,000 on ammo. I'd say other than the bolt cracking (which is NEVER OK), the gun did fine when you consider how many rounds went through it.

You literally spent 10x the gun's cost on ammo. That's a fuckton. And I'm not shilling for the npap's sake, I don't even own one, mine are all arsenals.
>>
I hope my OPAP doesn't fall apart
>>
>>34468636
This is the reason I keep coming to /k/ god bless anon.
>>
Yeah nah you're full of shit. If you plan on shooting the fuck out of a weapon, and plan on sharing results years down the road, you're gonna document what happened and save busted parts and take pictures of them as proof. Cute story though.
>>
>>34472789
Aren't OPAPs built on heavier RPK style receivers? Could we expect them to have a longerl service life?

As an aside, OP, I'd be very interested to know how the WASR compares. Who will reign as Queen of the Basic Bitch AKs?
>>
>>34474107
read this.
>>34471685
wasrs run and keep running.
>>
>>34472980
>If you plan on shooting the fuck out of a weapon, and plan on sharing results years down the road, you're gonna document what happened and save busted parts and take pictures of them as proof.

>If you plan on driving the shit out of a car, and plan to share rails years down the road, you're going to take pictures

I drive a commercial truck 15 thousand miles a month, and log and share results of upkeep and maintenance. Guess how many pictures I've taken. Dumbass.
>>
File: 1499369943823.jpg (68KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
1499369943823.jpg
68KB, 623x527px
>>34474721
>Claims to have shot 30 thousand rounds out of rifle
>Says he is always busy because always driving on the job
>Can somehow find time to receive, load and shoot that many rds
>In depth analysis on rifle with progressing issues
>Somehow can't take a single picture showing any of this ever happened

Yeah, no. Eat shit and die slow fgt
>>
>cleaning your gas block
>ever
>>
>>34474895
You're an idiot.
>>
>>34475261
You don't? I clean mine once a year or so lol. OPs was probably getting so filthy the bolt was jamming in there.
>>
>>34474895
I'm not OP, I was just defending him moron.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.