[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This just occured to me, since I shoot with ear pro everytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: 1447477313259.jpg (573KB, 3038x2145px) Image search: [Google]
1447477313259.jpg
573KB, 3038x2145px
This just occured to me, since I shoot with ear pro everytime I go if someone breaks into my house and I shoot them I'm going to be deaf af. Do people who have shot robbers in their home talk about this? I'd assume it'd be ear shattering firing in tight hallways without ear pro.
>>
>>34468453
What?
>>
>>34468453
keep your ear protection next to your gun on your bedside table
>>
>>34468474

You know how in the movies when an explosion goes off near the protaganist the screen goes blurry and all you hear is a ringing sound. Imagine if you had an explosion at the end of a stick in a small hallway in a suburban home.
>>
Hearing loss is preferable to rape and murder.
Also load subsonics if you will feel better.
Yeah its not suppressor quite but it kicks less, your probably stupidly close, and will still kill a mother fucker
>>
>>34468453
Who is this beauty?
>>
>>34468453
One reason to use low preassure rounds. Ive met many guys who didnt want to use .357 sig because of how loud it is.
>>
>>34468529
Huh? Speak up!
>>
>>34468529
The joke
^
Your head
>>
>>34468529
This essentially.

>In Fairchild, Alaska
>Inherited uncle's house, decided to move up instead of selling it.
>Didn't have a job, but had money to live on while I looked.
>Woke up one morning to crashing noises in my kitchen
>Stumble out of bed, have Glock 20 nightstand gun, peak around into kitchen.
>There's a fookin' grizzly bear with his paws up on my kitchen counter.
>His head snaps to look at me
>Flee back into bedroom, screaming like a small child.
>I can hear the bear scrapping and thudding across the floor after me
>Slam bedroom door and then the bear paws at it five seconds later
>Dump half a magazine into the door
>I am deaf
>There is only one sound
>Eternal EEEEEeeeeeeeeeee
>There is so much bear blood.
>There's a trail back into the kitchen, then the living room, and out the window it smashed through (Fucking bears)
>Open front door, bear has made it 10 feet from the window and is now collapsed on the ground.
>Call non emergency police number, explain what happened, fookin' bear in the kitchen n whatnot
>Everything's fine. they send out a deputy, he just keks at the bear blood soaking into my floor, someone collected the body, etc etc

Good times,
to this day, half of what I say must be
>What?
>>
>>34468594
>didn't even get bear meat out of it
I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>34468453
>>34468594
Think positive: you can dress up as Lil Jon for Halloween and be in character without ever trying.
>>
>>34468453

Not an issue, my HD is supressed
>>
>>34468529
WHAT?
>>
>>34468453

My idiot brother ND'd a 12-gauge into his basement wall, and he said it didn't hurt his ears at all. I think the adrenaline makes you ignore the pain and messes with your perception of sound, like in Generation Kill if you ever read the book. Then again my brother never uses hearing protection anyways and is rather hard of hearing, but I digress.

Also, one instance usually won't cause permanent damage; people who rupture their eardrums can recover. I think damage comes with repeated exposure to loud noise.

TL;DR you shouldn't worry about it, if you do worry then keep earpro close, and regardless don't make a habit of firing indoors.
>>
>>34468594
Stories like these are an excellent example of where keeping electronic hearing protection next to your HD gun is an excellent idea.
Also Aspirine + Vitamin D is supposed to help soften the blow of recent hearing damage, so consider that.

Holy fuck though, magdumping 10mm inside your bedroom must loud as fuck.
>>
>>34468981
Isn't 12 gauge subsonic?
>>
>>34468453
Someone got a free bear rug from you
>>
>>34468533
>Hearing loss is preferable to rape
Source
>>
File: Soviet manual 1965.jpg (55KB, 497x355px) Image search: [Google]
Soviet manual 1965.jpg
55KB, 497x355px
>>34468548
Vespa 150 TAP, used by French paratroopers during the Algerian War.
A second scooter carried the tripod/more ammo.

It was not really liked as the recoiless rifle made it a pain to drive but the scooter on his own was appreciated as a light general purpose vehicle.

Funnily, the USSR deemed it interesting enough to publish a small manual about it.
>>
>>34469331
I guess it's subjective, but I think if you asked most people, if they were put in a situation where they had to choose between hearing loss and being raped, I think that, and stop me here if this sounds weird, I think that *most* people would in all likelihood prefer the hearing damage.
>>
>>34469331
>AIDS vs hearing loss
I'll take the hearing loss
>>
>>34468453
Just get a suppressor, damn.
>>
>>34468453
You'd probably just get tinnitus. Welcome to my world.
>>
>>34469449
Saw a guy with one at a rally once. He'd made a potato gun with similar dimensions to the recoilless gun. It was pretty cool, saboted potatos are the ammo of the future.
>>
>>34469063
>Aspirine + Vitamin D
thought I read that magnesium was useful for this. but I'd keep some electronic muffs on the bed stand, too. they'll give you superhuman hearing and significantly reduce the hearing damage.
>>
>>34468594
you should have opened your mouth when you fired. i have fired standing in a small room a few times it was uncomfortable but no lasting damage.
>>
>>34468981
Try it with a 38 +P out of a 3 inch barrel. Your ears will sing!
>>
>>34468453

I own suppressors and keep them attached to the guns I keep inside my house.
>>
>>34471423
>no lasting damage
No noticeable damage .. you will absolutely have some permanent hearing damage from firing indoors without earpro
>>
>>34468453
Just keep your ear-pro next to your bump in the night gun. Whenever suppressors go free from the NFA just get one of those.
>>
File: khillari1M_w1900_h1800.jpg (1MB, 1900x1326px) Image search: [Google]
khillari1M_w1900_h1800.jpg
1MB, 1900x1326px
>>34468453
>he doesn't keep a pair of electronic earpro next to his HD weapon
>>
>>34468453
shooting with earpro and having your ears hurt once is better than being totally deaf from shooting without ears all the time
>>
>>34468453
Firing once, twice, hell, 30 times without earpro isn't going to hurt you that much. At worst you're going to have blood dripping from your ears and your eardrums fucked(they regenerate) and be slightly stunned afterwards(when adrenaline drops). Some difficulty with hearing for few weeks later too, but no permanent damage.

The "hurr use earpro" thing has to be understood properly.

If you hear something very, very, very loud, like gunshot, ONCE, nothing's going to happen. If you're at your 20k round downrange in this month though, and you weren't wearing your earpro - enjoy your tinnitus and hearing loss. Continuous, repeated high volume noise causes permanent hearing damage.

Of course it's good idea to have earpro right besides your HD gun(as well as having suppressor for it, and shooting subsonic cartridges) but you shouldn't fear it more than you fear the invader.
>>
>>34472459
u r real dumb
>>
File: tumblr_n2l958201i1s3v4fxo1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2l958201i1s3v4fxo1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x433px
Your hearing or your life OP. If you're seriously worried about it thst much get some electronic ear protection. You can gain enhanced hearing abilities and shoot without consequences
>>
>>34472459
>Continuous, repeated high volume noise causes permanent hearing damage.
This is just wrong.
>>
>>34469811
You can get hearing aids.
You can't cure AIDS.
>>
>>34468594
>>set kek to kill
>>
>>34471423
Opened his mouth while firing? This intrigues me. Why would he do that? Would it help mitigate the effects of the loud noises?
>>
>>34472459
>Firing once, twice, hell, 30 times without earpro isn't going to hurt you that much
Stop.
>>
>>34468981
that's untrue
the ringing sound you hear is caused by the breaking off of the top of the hair like cells in your ear that resonate at specific frequencies causing them to continuously fire off action potentials
It's basically them dying bit instead of going silent they continuously fire signals to your brain
you are stuck with the ringing your whole life because they can't regenerate
your brain becomes accustomed to it and starts ignoring it though
>>
>>34468453

OVER EAR ELECTRONIC HEADPHONES HEAR THE INTRUDER BETTER AND DON'T LOSE YOUR HEARING
>>
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR RECCOMMENDING ELECTRONIC HEARING MUFFS. I'M GOING TO BUY SOME ON MY NEXT VISIT TO THE RANGE
>>
>>34473275
pressure equalized on both side of the eardrum.
sound is just pressure waved.
>>
>>34472346
my senses are excellent way above normal levels to this date. they got a lot worse from my younger years but i can see smell and hear things most people can't or barely.
>>
>>34473275
Sounds like fuddtier science but considering the mouth, sinuses, and ear canals are all connected i imagine it would have *some* effect, same way when you yawn your eardrums pop, or how you hold your nose and blow to pop out your eardrums when youre diving deep.

Just make a warface and youve got it covered
>>
I've lost some hearing to guns and music.

I've lost some sight to wind and smoke.

I've lost some intelligence to drinking and fighting.

Can't take the shit with you when you die, better to just use up your body doing what you love.
>>
>>34473492
a guy thought me that spent like 40 years shooting guns. he worked protective detail for many of our presidents.
>>
>>34473517
interesting philosophy
>>
>>34473517
or ya know, take some simple steps so you're not blind and deaf in your later years, not all of us plan on burning out in our 30's like you.
>>
>>34468453
I keep a single earplug next to my bed.

>still situationally aware
>not going to take as long as it would putting both in
>can manage to talk to the cop later without the tinnitus, for the most part
>>
>>34468453
You won't notice it, all that adrenaline rushing through your body and such
>>
File: tinnitus.jpg (121KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tinnitus.jpg
121KB, 400x400px
>>34473444
MAWP! MAWP!
>>
>>34473889
>wow anon for someone who just discharged a firearm in an enclosed space you sure do seem to hear just fine
>that's right sir I keep ear protection on my nightstand for just such an occasion
>you're under arrest for premeditated murder, get this sick fuck out of my sight
>>
>>34474191
"premeditated self defense" is only an issue in commie countries, not in the US
>>
>>34468453
Just use your pillow as a supressor, idiat.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>34468510
This
>>
>>34474231
as a resident of California, I wish that reassured me
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.