[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry bubba hurt you, he'll never touch you again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: 20170706_225451.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_225451.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I recently picked up a sportarized 1918 SMLE III for $125, I plan on replacing all the bubbad furniture with correct wood. I've managed to find replacements for everything except the bottom handgaurd for under 80 bucks. But the last peice I can only find beat to shit ones for $100+ what should I do?
>also fuck fudds.
>>
File: 20170706_225652.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_225652.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Some of the worst damage is here where they tried to thin the stock down by whittling it
>>
Bubbas spent the last 70 years chopping up antique military rifles; we're going to spend the next 70 years putting them back the way they were.

Good start, anon.
>>
>>34466337
>what should I do?
Bite the proverbial bullet and spend the money on the correct handguard. If you wanted a cheap hobby, you should have taken up shuffleboard.
>>
>>34466337
SMLE parts are common at gun shows. Just keep your eyes open and continue to do God's work, anon.
>>
Another success story.
>>
>>34466610
>>34466706
Those are beautiful, I'm guessing it's reproduction wood, what stain did you use?
>>
>>34466610
>>34466706
Well done anon!

>doing God's work

You too anon. You too.

Nothing quite bothers me like seeing a really clean action and barrel having any potential reverence for its place in human history, and therefore dignity, stripped by being bubba'd in a spotter stock.
>>
Where the fuck can I find the barrel band screws and sling swivels for a No1 Mk4
>>
File: IMG_2375.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2375.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>34466757
So far I haven't had to use reproduction stocks, although there is a bubba'd Gew 43 for $800 that I'm considering. I'd have to use reproduction wood on that one. I'll use boiled linseed oil or minwax with truoil, depending on the gun. I won't re-stain unless the color of the wood is not original and I try to match it as close as possible to the original color.
>>34466777
Me too. Ever since I could buy guns I've been picking up dirt cheap sporterized surplus and unfucking them. Wish I had documented the process on some of the earlier projects, like my Garand that was stained gloss black.
>>
File: IMG_2376.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2376.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
I'll never understand bubba. Someone lathered this Brazilian Mauser in shitty shellac. The entire gun... even all the metal stock parts, barrel, receiver and bolt.
>>
>>34466337
So...have we considered our own re-arsenal mark?

Like how the Graus all put their own marks on the Molina they rebuilt?

Would we be just as bad as bubba for putting a small /k/ next to the arsenal marks or on/in the stock?
>>
>>34467195
That doesn't bother me too much. Keeps the metal from rusting, thus making it less likely that some idiot will take steel wool to it later on.
>>
>>34467195
Ah, that brings up a question.

I've seen several Hakims before, and never once have I seen the wood finished this way.
In fact, this finish ONLY shows up on shitty gunshow purchased Guns (at least in my area)

Should I get rid of it? (I don't necessarily like it; it's flashy and slippery)
And if so, how?
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (364KB, 701x3846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
364KB, 701x3846px
>>34467337
*forgot pic.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.