[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range Stories!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 17

File: Photo Jul 06, 21 08 26.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jul 06, 21 08 26.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
>Take mom to the range for her first time shooting a gun.
>Bring my AR-7; it's light and easy for her to handle, with light recoil.
>Shoot a couple of magazines myself while showing her the basics, then let her plink at a target while I reload magazines.
>We end up alternating; one of us shooting while the other loads magazines.
>She gets constant jams, while I don't get any. After a few, I finally decide to stop loading magazines and watch her shoot to see if anything she's doing is causing the jams. (Spoiler: Yup)
>Mom is left-handed, and she's pulling the trigger with her left hand while supporting the rifle with her right hand. Turns out the way she's holding it, her thumb is half-covering the ejection port, so shell casings keep getting ejected, hitting her thumb, and bouncing back into the port, jamming the rifle.
>Check her thumb; it looks like she stuck it up a chimney.
>Tell her how to hold the rifle; no more jams.
>The day at the range teaches me that people can screw up firing a gun in ways you could never imagine.

So what have you seen people doing at the range, and what have you done there, that's amusing, interesting, or we can learn from?

(P.S. Despite this difficulty, she said she had a fun day out.)
>>
I almost blew my foot off with a shotgun.

>go outside to the shooting mound.
>carrying double barrel shotgun.
> do some shooting.
>forget to not have finger on trigger just once.
>shotgun pointed at the ground near my booted foot.
>*pulls trigger*
>good thing the gun wasn't loaded I would've shot my foot off!
>>
Bamp
>>
some guy i knew in high school shot himself at the range i usually go to. thats about it. ive never had a bad experience at the range.
>>
>>34465499
I've seen the same shit while instructing on a basic. Candidates would be instructed and shown how to hold the rifle fucking ad naseum, yet some retards still fuck it up. Lazy shits would hold the rifle super choked up because they're too weak to a hold a rifle properly and end up covering the ejection port with their left hand.
>>
>>34466791

I'm consistently amazed by how unnaturally people hold guns. It's like they've never used their hands before.
>>
>>34465581
Next time load it then shoot your head off.
>>
File: 1491253921060.jpg (2MB, 2448x2888px) Image search: [Google]
1491253921060.jpg
2MB, 2448x2888px
I watched this dude send his kid to pick up other people's brass, guy was a solid fuckwit. At some point he loaded up some old 1911 with 5 rounds, he had a bag of ammo on his table so it's not like he was finishing it off.
>>
File: 1499335837157.jpg (95KB, 615x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499335837157.jpg
95KB, 615x768px
Don't have anything interesting but I do frequently meet cops at the range I go to and it's interesting talking to them about LE stuff. They're all really friendly and one walked up to me, offering to let me try out his new P10C.

Met one that is part of the special response team at the uni that my brother went to.
>>
I had an accidental discharge with my chiappa little badger, it's a break action 22 and when you close the action the hammer moves back slightly so the hammer smacked the fireing pin right as I was closing it, scared the shit out of me but Luckily it was pointed in a safe direction but it was a good lesson in saftey.
>>
>>34465499
So. Is your mom hot?
>>
>Show up on the range
>Some company has hired the entire range for an event that is ongoing, wait 20 minutes before there's a clear lane
>Wait some more to just hear how it's been for them
>They've all shot .22LR pistols
>Scores are called out
>One person literally got 7 points - a hit in the 3 and in the 4 ring, with 20 bullets @ 15 meters distance.

HOW?

Maybe she had parkinsons or some shit? I didn't ask. But holy shit.

At first, I thought they were calling out how many points they MISSED by, so maybe she had 193 points, but no, she literally only got 7 points with 20 bullets.
>>
>>34465499
>Take mom to the range for her first time shooting a gun.

Maybe I should try that. She's coming up on retirement, I want as many good experiences with her before it's too late.

Fuck now I'm all melancholy.
>>
>>34469120
>that picture.
That's a silencer. Say goodbye to doggo.
>>
>>34470956
That my friend is simply a solvent trap, it needs 2 holes to be a suppressor
>>
>>34471047
The other end is threaded and removable, therefore there is constructive intent.
>>
>>34471067
Ah, I was not fully aware of a fleshlights construction, you are correct then
>>
>>34469239
>Marines
I never looked at this picture besides the coyote plate carriers. Uou know that guy didnt get out of that until tge PSgt. unbuckled him.
>>
Not exactly a range story but I learned some shit, done some stupid shit and had fun

>shooting with buddies a while back
>get a stuck case with American Eagle brass cased
>can't pull the charging handle so I mortar it
>yadda yadda I end up fucking the charging handle to hell but I got the case out
>had decent airsoft smoke grenades and wanted to larp like faggots
>don't have a charging handle but my buddy has an idea
>drops a round in the chamber pushes the bolt into battery
>say fuck it and try to run in
>throw a fresh mag in and pull the trigger
>face immediately feels hot and my eyes burn but the smell is sex
>fire a few more and get some super safe safety glasses of safety to keep some of the gas out of my face
>only need the bolt release
>who knew?
>fire a few mags while running around larping with buddies
>fun as fuck but I can't see shit and my face stings like hell
>eyes watering as I write this shit
>a few mags more and we decide to pack it up and head home
>finally get my eyes to stop watering and face to stop stinging after 20 minutes of water and a rag
>still can't get the smell out of my nose
>I can feel it in my fucking throat
>it stays like this all night and until lunch the next day
>12/10 would do again
>>
>>34465499
>go to range with grandpa
>he hasnt shot a gun in over 20 years
>and the last time he shot a gun, he killed an elk with an R700
>we decide to take out my Bersa Thunder, but decide to rent a gun
>get there, theres virtually no one there
>rent a GP100 in 22.lr
>get put on the lane next to the only guy in tge range
>thanks fags
>is a big aussie biker dude
>has a glock 42, 30, and 19
>really cool dude, it turns out
>anyway, i show my grandpa how to load the revolver, properly tea cup it, and shoot it where you dont burn your hands
>he gives it ago
>damn, he's pretty good, but he keeps shooting high
>correct him
>damn! He's hitting within a few centimeters of the 0
>my turn, cant hit shit comparatively
>decide that we're done after almost an hour
>one last hoo-ra
>go back and get a travor they have for rent
>fire off 40 rounds like they were nothing
>the 2 RO's, my grandpa, and the aussie are watching in amazment
>hit a quarter size grouping at 25 with half a second between shots
>younger RO comes over to inspect our rentals before we take them back
>slides my target back
>gives a thumbs up
>go to leave, aussie biker gives me his number
>"anytime you and your grandpa want to come shoot for free, hit me up. Ive got some beautiful land up north a little ways. Love to have ya."
>depart ways
Overall, it was fun. My granpda is an amazing shot i learned, and gained a cool old biker friend from Australia.
>>
>>34465499
>The day at the range teaches me that people can screw up firing a gun in ways you could never imagine.
yup, even though i would like to think I'm above average when handling firearms i still prefer to consider myself a novice for no other reason than familiarity breeds contempt.
>>
>>34468120
y so mad, kike?
>>
>>34465499
I'm left handed muhreen

Jamming ejection port cover happens all the time on accident. I'm not sure why it sincerely blows your mind. Sometimes your palm is just a little too high.

It's just a "whoops, *remedial action.* bang" type of moment
>>
>>34467489
This is the era of millennials.

Many of them haven't.
>>
>>34469239
>the /k/atterpillar must find its way to the canteen, gorge on chicken fajitas, then form its coccoon to begin an incredible metamophosis
>>
>>34470620
When I was active duty military I was assigned to an aviation battalion.

Watching the pilots try to qualify was a goddamn joke. We literally had captains, majors, and CW3's that would completely bolo the popup range with pistols. Closest target is 3 yards and all targets are a full-size silhouette that you only have to hit SOMEWHERE. Total course of fire is, IIRC, 45 rounds, 10 points per target, max qualifying score of 300, so you can miss a full third of your shots and still max the range.

We had a female CW4 that literally asked me to teach her how to shoot the handgun she'd been using since shortly after I was born, and she outright told me that if her commander hadn't kept pencil-whipping her qualifications she'd be out of the Army as she literally had never successfully qual'd with a pistol. I spent 3 hours with her and close to a thousand rounds before she hit her first target. She was shooting the "both eyes closed" method.
>>
>>34465499
>go to range
>rent glock
>it very mediocre
>>
>>34465499
Nice dubs. Congratulations on having a cool mom and good on you for being the kind of cool son who takes mom shooting. Shit I've seen?
>be me, youngfag
>just shooting groupings
>all of a sudden
>CEASE FIRE, CEASE FIRE
>safe my rifle and look up and around to see what the RSO saw
>some fucktard walked down a live fucking range
>find out later it was to get his hat
Moron. Also,
>be me, slightly older but still young
>went to camp, did group shooting
>storing rifles in the range shed
>some fucktard points his around
>at himself
>at me
>I actually have to take a weapon from someone because they're retarded
Both of these stories were airguns, which probably wouldn't have killed anyone unless they took it in the eye or the neck, but Jesus fuck. Someone could have still gotten hurt pretty bad.
>>
>>34471206
What the fuck were you trying to say?
>>
>>34471610

idk. I have autism
>>
>>34471519
this happens with ANYONE that is unfamiliar with firearms, sad that it includes the military also.
>>
>>34471622
>ANYONE who shoots for the first time requires 1000 rounds to hit a target at 3 yards for the first time
..................................No.
>>
>>34465499
I have seen some stupid crap
>people using incorrect rounds
.223 in .243 Winchester, .380 ACP in 38 Special type shit
>People walking down range while people are shooting
>People tucking stocks under their arm to shoot
>even had a fucker shoot while the range is cold and I was down range once
>>
File: 1461530155202.png (535KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1461530155202.png
535KB, 1024x768px
>at range
>doing th gun thing
>have my m48 on the bench with sandbags just taking my time
>hear to my left "OWEE FUCK OH GOD"
>Look to my left slightly and see a rather portly gentlemen hopping up and down while ripping off his pants
>falls past the firing line
>is now running IN FRONT of the gunline while tearing off his shirt
>people are freaking the fuck out and calling ceasefires while this dude hoots like a pastey baboon

Pair of wasps.
>>
File: MR30.jpg (37KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
MR30.jpg
37KB, 600x302px
>Had an old dude (60's) try to bullshit with me and my friend at the gun range.
>Seemed cool and all but then the whole "I was special forces then I decided to become a sniper and I could get a target with my rifle at about 1200 yards." talk started
>*sigh*
>Friend (who was a tanker) jokingly says "Yeah I could hit at target at about 4000 with my Abrams."
>"Oh yeah man that thing was a beast I carried it once back in my day, I loved it."
>wtf.jpg
>We just stopped listening to him for a bit
>He had some crazy .338 rifle setup in one of those shooting braces with this really nice ammo
>Think like that Black King rifle from the Shooter TV show
>Dude couldn't hit a full silhouette target at 100 yards with it
>"Damn POS rifle, I'm gonna have to take it back to the gunsmith and have him look at it, gonna cost me another $1500."
>"Uuuuh I think you're getting ripped off dude..."
>"Blahblahblah he knows what hes doing, its this damned scope too!"
>"Okay..."
>He probably fired like 10 rounds the entire two hours my friend and I were there
>He had some friends there that came to meet him but they seemed not too thrilled with being there with him
>He spent the majority of the time between shots just starting into the distance downrange not making any adjustments
>He's still sitting in his stall when we leave

At the time we thought he was some old POS trying to pull some stolen valor shit but now I think he was just a senile old man. His "friends" were a slightly younger looking dude and a lady in her late 20's. I think they were either his kids or his brother and niece that came to look after him.

Pic related it's the gun from the Shooter TV show.
>>
>>34472077
>Not humping a m1 Abrams
Must be nice boot Pog
>>
>at range
>shooting 3 inch black magic slugs for fun
>i could only afford 5 lol
>shooting at 100 yards
>only me and one other guy there
>range is quiet for 10 mins while i talk to other dude about his guns
>go to shoot
>first time shooting these rounds
>pull trigger
>sparrow comes from behind target stand, and lands on top of it
>"uh oh" moment combined with never shooting with this kind of recoil caused the round to go high
>hits this poor fucking sparrow in the chest
>like a fucking cartoon it turns into feathers
>other guy is turned around
>i think i just shot a bird
>"how the fuck did you hit a bird with a slug at 100 yards"
>i didnt mean to
>"at least it was humane"
>go cold and head down range to look at what I've done
>only recognizeable part left is a mangled head
>bury the head at the top of the burm with my shell hull as a gravestone

RIP Unlucky sparrow,landed at a live range and got hit by accident from a slug meant to take down bears

Only time I felt bad about killing an animal,since the fucker was just unlucky and there was no point in him dying that day
>>
>>34472133
>recoil caused the round to go high

recoil doesn't hit you until the slug is out of the barrel

that's called a flinch, your flinch caused the round to go too high
>>
File: laughing snakes.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
laughing snakes.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>34472133
>"at least it was humane"
>>
>>34472152
Yeah that makes more sense.
I dont flinch when shooting other guns though,so hopefully it was a one time mindset thing
>>
>>34472133
Here's some PTSD fuel for you
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a63_1436008338
>FEATHER EXPLOSION
>>
>>34465499
saw a guy trying to shoulder rack a live 22 pistol
>it was me
>>
I joined a private gun club the other week i was sick and tired of the typical nigger family getting the range lane next to me.
>>
>>34471218
thanks for the story champ :)
>>
>>34472307
>it was a one time mindset thing

It's natural when you're shooting a powerful round, especially the first time
>>
>>34470656
You totally should. My mother used to be scared of guns until we went to the range and I showed her how to properly handle my handguns. She says she can't wait until we go to the range again. Feels good to help her get over her fear of them.
>>
>>34471825
Hey now, that's understandable if you've ever been stung in the dick by wasps
>>
>>34472712
is this an okay thing to do at an outdoor range?
>>
>>34471786
Stop being sexist.
>>
>>34472379
>That turkey.
He laughed at the carnage.
>>
>>34472379
>farming
>PTSD
sometimes you've got to kill a rooster man. They can cause trouble.
>>
>>34469120
Phoenix Indoor Range?
>>
>>34465499
Nice story OP. It's good to hear that firearms are being treated like a hobby instead of a political issue.

Im young and pretty poor so I don't have a ton of guns but I shoot as often as I can afford. I also really appreciate military surplus rifles. I've made some great friends just bullshitting with people about milsurp at the range and they usually let me shoot they're rare and expensive rifles. I even have one guy I became good friends with who brings different milsurp for me to try everytime we go to the range.

It's sad to see firearms being so politicized when it can be such a welcoming and fulfilling hobby.
>>
>>34469239
>when you EAS next week but cant take it anymore
>>
File: do you even shoot bro.jpg (70KB, 350x404px) Image search: [Google]
do you even shoot bro.jpg
70KB, 350x404px
>>34471794
>People tucking stocks under their arm to shoot
That's how it was done in yo olde days, its actually kinda comfy. When the switch from crossbow to black powder things was made, they still had the same super thin pointy ended stocks. Not as comfy with real recoil, but they held the gun way forward from the body cus of the nasty smokey piss powder so it stuck around for a while. Using the arm to sandwich the stock seems like a common first thought on how to hold a gun.

>green text about a gay man at the range holding a .22 like a bazooka
>>
>>34471519
Aren't there pistol caliber tracers available? I recall the WWII training videos with .45 tracers used as an aid to learn point of aim.
>>
>>34475272
Was that drawn by somebody who witnessed crossbows but had no idea what they were?
>>
>winter, 2016
>sister went off to uni
>I'm 18, she's 22
>HS was rough for her, actually most of her school life was tough
>kids are mean, man
>it's the week before winter break, I'm at home chilling
>hear a car pull up
>it's her, she's crying while getting her wheelchair out
>she drives a van with some modified driving shit, I dunno
>cost a fuckton, I do know that
>comes inside, ask her what's wrong
>she tells me she's been having a hard time at uni, people avoid her
>but then, earlier that day, some creepy guys where following her on her way back to her apartment
>says they said explicit stuff to her, she felt really powerless
>knows I've been into guns for a while, never was interested herself though
>begs me to take her to the range, says she wants a CHL (we live in texas so she can carry even at uni)
>winter break starts, she stays back at home, we plan to go to the range every day and then get her into a CHL class before she heads back to uni for the spring semester
>dad tells me to take whatever I need, he's busy at work
>mom is just as scared as my sister, lets us do whatever we want to make her safe
>first day at the range
>she practices with a 10/22, just to get a feel for things
>forgets to set her breaks which was funny, she slowly rolled backwards during her first few mags
>actually smiles for the first time since she came back then
>hand her my 92fs next (birthday present from mom and dad), tell her it's probably what she'll want to carry
>she likes it, says it's fun. Doesn't really hit the target that much, but that's not the point right now
>pack it in after a few hours, can tell she's hungry and tired
>drive home is quiet, she just looks out the window, I don't know what to say
(cont)
>>
>>34475827
>suggest we watch a movie in my room to keep our spirits up
>downloaded a bunch of movies with cool gunplay and shit, something to keep her spirits up over the next few weeks
>she never seemed to get my /k/ autism but now seems genuinely interested. I guess she really did get scared
>start up John Wick in my room, she leaves for a minute and comes back with a bag
>motherfucker brought whiskey, hell yeah
>she plops herself down on the edge of the bed, I sit on the floor and we watch the movie, passing the whiskey between us
>about halfway through the movie I'm freezing and a bit drunk. She's laughing and I get the feeling she's a bit gone too
>tell her to throw me a blanket and she says I should just get under the covers like her
>was pretty drunk too at this point, not really thinking 100% clearly
>movie is about over, and I'd already seen it, so I climb up into bed and slide under the covers
>sister is right next to me, propped up on some pillows
>feel a little awkward, but whatever, I did miss her
>nod off a little bit as I close my eyes, I guess it was a long day
>wake up to a strange sound what feels like seconds later
(cont)
>>
>>34475838
>TV is off, can't see shit
>sound is like someone trying their hardest not to cry but failing
>move a bit, try to remember what happened
>sister whispers "dammit anon... I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up, I just had a nightmare and it freaked me out"
>sounds really drunk, realize I'm drunk too, can't have been out for more than an hour
>I tell her it's okay, I would be scared too if that happened to me
>she tells me thanks, but the fear and gratitude in her voice actually gave me chills. Like a little bit of every emotion she could feel was expressed when she said it
>tell her I'll always be there for her
>feel her roll over and give me a kiss on the cheek
>don't even know what to say, just lay there and think
>must've nodded off at some point, wake up and it's bright
>sister is laying there next to me, looks so peaceful
>get out of bed quietly and head to the kitchen, dad and mom are there
>they ask if I've seen her, she wasn't in her room
>right on cue she wheels herself out of my room, half naked and bitching about a hangover
>thought my dad would shoot me, but i think they understood
>>
>>34475845
Cute
>>
>>34475827
>>34475838
>>34475845
So.... did yah fugg her?
>>
>>34475845
It took a different turn then I thought it would have, but only slightly
>>
File: 1450076078032.jpg (46KB, 400x458px) Image search: [Google]
1450076078032.jpg
46KB, 400x458px
>>34472133
>at range
>plinking away with SR22 around 25yds shooting water bottles
>fire away about 100rds during a hot range
>range goes cold
>head out with another 32 mega pack of water bottles and start setting them up
>come up on the site of one of my water bottles that had been ventilated into swiss cheese
>laying next to it on the ground is a monarch butterfly slowly flapping it's wings
>look a little bit closer
>I had shot it through the wing and tore a chunk out of it
>stomp him to death
>>
File: 1484115607842.gif (2MB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1484115607842.gif
2MB, 400x330px
>>34475845
Your post makes feel warm and fuzzy inside. Cute!
>>
>>34475845
you're a good brother, anon.
>>
>>34475740
I would assume so but I've only ever seen the DODIC for the .45acp ones.

There are some available on the civilian side in 9mm though.
>>
File: funco - Copy.jpg (31KB, 351x332px) Image search: [Google]
funco - Copy.jpg
31KB, 351x332px
>>34475845
W-what kind of half naked? Bottomless, topless, pantyless?
>>
>>34471218

We need more of these on /k/.
>>
>Be out shooting at local indoor range
>Next bay over has an old man firing slowly at 25 yards with an eastern European DMR from 1950 something
>25 yards max in range
>Drilling entire mags into the same hole at 25 yards
>At one point I'm reloading mags and he's putting his rifle away and switching to a mak
>Strike up a conversation about his rifle, thought it was a dragunov but he informs me its firing 7.62x39
>Explains the history and function of his rifle, tells me if he had more ammunition he would let me fire a few rounds
>We go back to shooting, he drills out one inch groups with his malaria one handed
>I comment again on it
>He claims to have been a trainer for spetsnaz back in the USSR
>Spends the next hour helping me develop my form and accuracy for one handed shooting

Went better than expected, never saw that crazy old Russian again.

By the way guys, this is a good thread.
>>
File: tough day.jpg (31KB, 288x512px) Image search: [Google]
tough day.jpg
31KB, 288x512px
A feel good range story:

>Finally obtained the disposable income to regularly visit my local range.
>Trying out pistols for a near-future purchase.
>Am now shooting enough to realize I actually suck at aiming with a pistol.
>Pulling everything down an to the left.
>Pic related
>Do my best to have fun but am low-key frustrated that nothing I try is improving my aim.
>Finish up for the day and head out of the immediate range area.
>Packing up in the queue area and a random range employee approaches.
>"Hey man. Having a good time?"
>Large, muscular black man.
>Tell him had a great time, but am frustrated that I can't seem to get on target.
>Turns out the gentleman is actually an instructor for the range.
>Tells me to swap out a rental to something I haven't tried before and to buy another box of ammo.
>Do as he says and nab a Px4 storm and another box of 9mm.
>Leads me back out to the range.
>15 minutes of instruction later shot placement has improved drastically.
>Well centered and a some bulls eyes, too.
>Look up range info later
>1 on 1 lessons are usually 50$
>Only paid 13$ for the ammo.
>Feels good, bro.

Can't wait to head back.
>>
>>34477134
What range? Seems based and if I'm close I'll check em out.
>>
>>34471519
>Shoots 1000 rounds
>Hits the target 4-5 times

Sounds like she qualifies for combat.
>>
>>34471519
Kinda odd. Most USAF pilots who have to qualify get expert badge. Point of pride because you don't want to look like a bitch as a fighter pilot in front of security forces blue falcons.
>>
>>34471610
I'm glad I'm not the only one incredibly confused by that post.
>>
>be on range
>Lie and back of range and fall asleep whilst everyone else shooting 226s
>Few friends come and join me, we're all in a line snoozing
>MFW we wake up, the range is done, everyone's packing up to go home
>TFW it's range day for pistol quals in the military but you can't be fucked shooting and cleaning your pistol and end up sleeping through it and no-one notices
>>
>>34478199
Doesn't mean they earned it.
>>
>>34471622

I only shot for the first time a few weeks ago.

10cm grouping @50m with 22lr bolt action something rifle.

Besides getting a few cases jammed, all i did was listen to the RO on how to shoot.

Lady next to me hit the roof with her first shot with the same rifle.
>>
>>34471067
>mechanically discussing the discussion of flesh lights in reference to their relevance to ATF suppressor regulations

Never change, /k/
>>
>>34477637
Eagle Sports Range out of Oak Forest, Il.
>>
>go to range
>no ones there
>not surprised, its my land
>put in a few game cameras because I'm paranoid
>add 6 more game cameras to watch the other game cameras because im paranoid.
>>
>>34475845
You done good, Anon.
>>
>>34471610
He broke his ar15 charging handle when trying to fix a jam but instead of putting the gun away just stuffed a bullet in the chamber. LRBHO meant you could get away with it but the hot gas was escaping and shooting right into his face, causing pain.
>>
>>34475099
Nah, some place out of St. louis I think.
>>
>>34479569
Any skinwalkers?
>>
>>34465499
There's a similar jam on M16/4/AR15s. People will hold the magwell and accidently prevent the dust cover from clearing the ejection port. The especially dense ones will then ignore it sitting on their hand..
>>
>Go to range
>10am on wednesday because mon-fri 9-5 is too normal for my boss
>only one other guy there
>Start talking
>start competing with each other and making up stupid ass games
>favorite game was trying to shoot words into the grass growing on the berm at the end of the range
>longest legible word was "farts" before the range owner figured out what we were doing
>he is the best range buddy ever
>we meet up same time every week
>soon we're hanging out all the time
>3 months later we're at my place getting drunk
>he NDs after Slamfiring my ass
And that's how I met my boyfriend.
>>
>>34475838
>>34475845
>>34472133
>Not turning into wincest
Nice anon, you seem like a good person. Hope she's doing better.
>>
>>34480102

Even if he did she wouldn't feel it I assume.
>>
>>34479798
>/k/
>>
>Go to range
>no one there
>not surprised, I'm trespassing and it's miles in
>get out there, notice game cameras
>notice game cameras watching the other game camers
>find a third layer of game cameras watching the game cameras watching the game cameras
>set up a go-pro to watch them all
>reset the memory on all the game cameras and leave
>forgot to actually shoot anything while there
>>
>>34479569
set up fence and then cameras so you can see if any part of the fence if broken
>>
>>34480769
nice one
>>
>>34471519
i would have gone above commander and get her out lol
>>
>>34480769
You fell for my trap. There's a fourth game camera 1 click from "hot zone." I saw you coming in, and now placed a FIFTH game camera watching your Go Pro
>>
>go to range
>get drunk afterwards
>stick bullets backward into asshole
>try to shoot them at stuff
>launch bullet but also 3 shitnuggets

not even a bad range day
>>
>>34470656
Taking my mom and dad out shooting on his birthday.
They haven't shot a gun in twenty years.
They think I only own two guns, so that'll be interesting.
>>
>>34471786
ANYONE can have trouble trying things they have no prior experience with, especially firearms.
try not to sperg next time.
>>
>>34475740
AT4 simulators fire 9mm tracers
>>
>>34479515
They're a little expensive, but easily the nicest facility in the area. Good choice
>>
>>34483079
Jokes on you, I hired a painter behind your camera watching my camera watching all of your cameras!
>>
>>34465499
Fucking suckers
I open my slider on the second floor and shoot. No range care or stupid rules about shooting too fast. God I pity you fools.
>>
>>34472077
I'm sorry, but that thing is ugly as sin.
>>
File: 1464074579520.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1464074579520.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>34472379
You are like little baby.
>>
>>34486401
Instant weight loss
Details inside
>>
Go to range and have big box of bullets on front seat whilst i shoot. After i finish i pick up the box, bottom falls out and lots of bullets all loose in foot well.. bit tired, its late think fuck it ill sort this shit out at home.

Driving home get pulled over. Cop asks me to step out of car.. open door.. bullets spill out onto floor at cops feet. Most awkward moment ever.

Turns out he was looking for a truck of same description but luckily i did not fit description.
>>
>>34486401
God I love shooting those faggots. My favorite time was my first slug and first 00 buck. Blew one in half with a slug then one immediately popped out of the hole next to it and started eating him, that one caught the buck.
>>
File: 1499398395098.jpg (19KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1499398395098.jpg
19KB, 301x267px
>>34477002
shut the fuck up and head back to b/tard land for that shit hes just a nice brother
>>
>>34465499
Shouldn't your dad be teach ing her to shoot? Where is dad?
>>
>>34471478
Im left handed and had no idea this was even a thing....
>>
>>34469120
I load 5 rounds at a time into my Glock 19 to pace myself.
>>
>>34471825
Tbh if I had a few hornets poking holes in my scrotum I'd probably hope for a quick death too
>>
File: IMG_20170104_080913.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_080913.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>be innawoods deep in VT in winter
>shoot the shit out of some shit I brought
>[fun acquired]
>time to leave
>find out my car has been submerged in mud/snow because it sat in the same spot for 3 hrs
>take out e-tool
>hours of digging
>hear some shit behind me
>remember bears have been spotted here
>pull out AK, lean it against car as I continue to dig a whole foot of snow from under my car
>forget AK was leaned against car
>try to get car out
>fail
>continue digging
>hear more shit behind me
>WHERE IS DA AKKKKKK
>get in car and move it from under my rifle
>get out
>Next day
>still held zero
I was impressed to say the least
>>
File: a fucking rat.jpg (29KB, 601x468px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking rat.jpg
29KB, 601x468px
this just happened an hour ago:

>go shooting for the first time in months
>shooting my ross mk 2 and m1 carbine
>at the 50m range with two other dudes
>both are pretty old
>one inquires about my m1 carbine and I offer to let him shoot
>he shoots and has a very good time and offers to let me shoot his Ar-15
>range goes cold and we hang our targets
>grandpa starts walking toward me from his lane with the barrel just tilted above my head
>oh shit I'm gonna die
>I notice that grandpa also has a loaded mag in the gun and the safety is OFF
>mfw this grandpa walked toward me with his gun barrel barely above horizontal with a loaded mag and the safety off

Worst part is I didn't say a fucking word. I have never had that happen to me. My brain honestly couldn't process what the fuck just happened until maybe 10 minutes passed. the range officer who is the best guy I have ever met told me I should have fucking screamed at that guy for being so stupid.
>>
>>34465499
Is your mom /k/ now, OP?
>>
>>34493481
>not doing a complex 30-second judo move awkwardly forcing him on the ground while screaming "POLICE YOUR FUCKING MUZZLE"

fake story nice try
>>
>>34465499
>be me
>depressed as fuck
>only real friend is busy, FWB flakes on me for the bazillionth time
>I'm in a bad mood, fuck everything, I'm going shooting
>spending like $120 on boolits for AR
>have about 600 rounds of .22 as well
>grab both guns, pack up, head out
>drive an hour into the mountains to outdoor range in national forest land
> .22 won't cycle brass, something wrong with blowback system
>AR won't extract, at all
>put .22 away, have to mortar AR three fucking times, on dirt
>Dad calls just to tell at me

I sat on a concrete pad on that mountain for two hours wishing my guns would work so I could kill myself. Great day, haven't been shooting since.
>>
>>34494085
Just to *yell at me, autocorrect
>>
This is old, but good.
>shotgun shooting MB in scouts
>shooting clays with double barrel shotguns, 20ga steel birdshot
>kid goes up to guys running the range, gets shotgun, gets it loaded cause he cant do it himself
>immediately chick-lean out of this plane of existence
>"Pull!"
>"click"
>no bang
>"I think its a squib fire!" And turns straight 90 degrees to the left, pointing the thing directly at the range master standing right next to him
>the guy grabs the barrel and pushes the shotgun away from his face
>"BANG"
>it goes off, still in the kids hands and the barrel was literally maybe 2 inches away from the range masters face

Shooting literally anything in scouts, if its not high adventure camps cause muh age reqs, is a complete joke.

Oh and another time I ran into my old french teacher from high school while shooting my mosin at the range. He walked up to me carrying a Gewher 98, it was really odd but we talked a bit, and had some fun.
>>
>>34494573
>Shooting literally anything in scouts, if its not high adventure camps cause muh age reqs, is a complete joke.
you just had a shitty experience
>>
>>34475845
My family all hates one another so this is heart warming to read. My siblings would attack me if i started talking about feelings and whatnot.
>>
File: IMG_6796.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6796.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34465581
Oh it only costs a new clutch for your truck, (because Asian girlfriend and stick shift) a hospital trip and a few moths with a wound vac
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.