[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bernie Goetz: hero or vigilante?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_8479.jpg (34KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8479.jpg
34KB, 300x225px
Would events pan out differently in the modern era, given how common ccw is now?
>>
>>34464166
hero
>>
File: IMG_8477.jpg (48KB, 432x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8477.jpg
48KB, 432x454px
>>34464171
Those little minority chillun dindu nuffin they just wanted some mo monies for they arcade games!
>>
>>34464166
He'd still be arrested because NY is a shithole city, but I think that public opinion would be with him because of all the shit that blacks have been doing lately- even normies admit that that the average black has the capacity for violence after all the BLM shit that has gone on in the last 3 years
>>
The guys he shot went on to rape, steal, etc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFHKYaWn5ZE

>"AIDS solved the crime problem"
>"NYC had a black welfare crime problem"
>"Young males from welfare mothers were doing a lot of crime"
>"Statistically we had a problem with black welfare people"

IS HE OUR GUY?
>>
>>34464166
look at him, he
s an autist with a .357 magnum gunning down urban youths. He was /k/ before the internet
>>
>>34464412
sounds more like /pol/'s guy
>>
File: vlc.jpg (51KB, 424x395px) Image search: [Google]
vlc.jpg
51KB, 424x395px
>>34464444
>imblygin

>>34464428
>>
>>34464166
He's pol tier based and Shot four worthless niggers. Too bad he didn't kill them.
Honestly should be legal to put these subhumans down with a headshot.
Just walk up to them as they're laying on the ground bleeding and put a bullet in their head. Should be completely legal.
>>
>>34464166
>>34464166
I can unironically say here that he's a based Jew.
>>
>>34464584
BASED
>>
File: IMG_8365.gif (933KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8365.gif
933KB, 500x373px
Bernie proved the importance of having a ccw
>>
He'd probably still wind up getting off, but there would be (((peaceful protests))) for sure
>>
>>34464166

>Whatever you want, Bernie Goetz!
>>
Literally who is this
What did he do
Why should I care
(not angery post, question post)
>>
>>34465159
Greased a group of niggers trying to mug him on a NYC subway
>>
He's a PETA retard now.
http://www.bernieformayor.com/vegetarianism.html
>>
File: IMG_8482.jpg (66KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8482.jpg
66KB, 650x366px
>>34465159
He's trying the original punisher. He's the living version of the death wish character.
>>
File: 1497894000526.jpg (248KB, 1857x572px) Image search: [Google]
1497894000526.jpg
248KB, 1857x572px
>>34464171
Fuck off callumzed you are literally cancer.
>>
>>34464444
Go fuck yourself, why do you think most of this board owns guns? To ventilate blacks.
>>
>>34465159
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_New_York_City_Subway_shooting#Perpetrator
>>
>>34464171
why aren't you dead yet fatboy?
>>
>>34465422
Ccw is probably legal in his state.
>>
>>34465407
not everyone is a paranoid insecure white guy like you, sorry.
>>
>>34465407
Fucker, IM black. Ive already had to defend my home from living in the ghetto, If i didnt have guns Id be dead motherfucker. I am 100% a proponent for guns and if the rest of the blacks weren't gangbangers where I live I wouldnt have a gun, simple as that.

Never had any media frenzy on me for shooting another black guy because lol black on black crime.
>>
>>34464166

nope

BG was fine for the first 1 or 2 shots, i can't remember the details, because that was self-defense

where BG screwed up was his following actions saying stupid stuff and continuing to shoot the apes

things will have to get much worse in USA before that will be accepted

however if it had happened in brazil today i'm guessing it would have been ok because at least what i see on liveleak there is lots of shooting going on down there because so many armed robbers
>>
>>34465922
meant for >>34465695
>>
>>34464166
>guns downs them dindus
>because one asked him for suki suki 5 dorrar
>no weapons involved
>guy instantly escalates to shooting the dindus
>runs away from the train conductor to flee the popo for a few days
>dismantles his gun and burns his clothes
>turns himself in the moment he realizes he is famous
>gets convicted of illegal carry

sure the dindus shouldnt have tried to "mug" him for five $, but escalating to a massacre seems to be a kekworthy response

next up the interview:
>aids solved muh welfare mammies
>nobody asks to be born
>i shot dindus that were victims like me
>talks about felony conviction
>"do you still carry?"
>"nope"
>"do you still own guns"
>" I DONT TALK ABOUT THAT"
>clearly owning guns as a felon kek

and then there was the part about automatics turning your aim to mush, playing cowboys and indians teaching you to shoot, as well as him perfectly describing the internet information filter bubble, surrounding him with yay sayers because internet tough guys

allright allright.
Should he have defended himself and escalated?
Sure, thats the smart thing to do
Starting a train massacre is something else though, and the guy knew it which is why he fled.

He overreacted, is literally proto-/pol/ and justifies shooting people because they are "victims who didnt asked to be born"

shouldve send him to the slammer for manslaughter on the dindus that werent involved in asking for 5 bucks
>>
>>34464166
A vigilante is someone who goes looking for a fight. He merely defended himself against robbers.
>>
>>34464428
No, it was a 38.
>>
>>34466460
They actually were planning on robbing him though.

They had sharpened screwdrivers and shit.
>>
>>34466625
No they didn't. They had screwdrivers for stealing change from arcade machines.
>>
>>34466460
That's a long post, but I guess you had time while you were waiting for your wife to get done with her shoot at Blacked.com
>>
File: merkelpoop.jpg (8KB, 146x126px) Image search: [Google]
merkelpoop.jpg
8KB, 146x126px
>>34466741
>implying wife
>implying blacked.com
>implying i didnt have to read the wiki article and watch the interview
10/10 bait, made me reply
>>
>>34464412
Removed groids, is a kike. Not sure. Only problem is he didn't week going.
>>
>>34465922
Even black people hate niggers
>>
He protec but he also attac
>>
>>34466705
It doesn't matter what they had them for, the point is they had them and could have used them.
>>
>>34467259
>ccw guy asks you to do X
>proceed to shoot him and everyone looking to be related to him
>because he was carrying a firearm you didnt know about

not the guy youre arguing with, and yes they couldve used them

but defending your self against a threat you dont know about, by that logic literally everyone who is ccwing and looking at you funny should be shot by you
>>
>>34467454
So when four people isolate and surround you, point indistinguishable objects at you from behind their clothes to intimidate, and "ask politely" for $5, you wouldn't think you were in danger at all?
>>
>>34467454
>>34467491 (me)
Like what happens if you say no? You think that will be the end of it? I wouldn't be giving them the benefit of the doubt, they lost any trust I had when they surrounded me and made gestures to me in a clear threat to me.
You threaten someone like that, you deserve what you get.
>>
>>34467259
Oh shit it's the thought police here to punish us for what they think we're thinking about doing with household objects.
>>
>>34467551
>Surround someone
>hands in pockets, possibly on weapons
>ask for money
What part of this is not threatening? How am I supposed to know you're just panhandling, and not setting up to mug me?
>>
>>34467511
>>34467571
>literally arguing the self defense part while ignoring the fact that you used hidden items as justification for it
keep being oblivious to what people are saying
yes he shouldve defended himself
hidden screwdrivers wasnt a part of it
for the rest, see my long as fuck post
>>
>>34467603
>hidden screwdrivers wasnt a part of it
it is when you've got your hands in your pockets on them.

Goetz's only mistake was not hitting them in the head or heart.
>>
He was absolutely justified in what he did, however the guy was MOTHERFUCKING NUTS. Listen to him on the Opie and Anthony show, the dude was crazier that a shithouse rat. He even tried to physically assault Opie when he pretended to break his mixtape.

He probably wouldn't have even been charged if he was capible of a normal conversation. He was a social retard, and anyone who interviewed him for more than 30 seconds would have come to the conclusion that he was a danger to society.
>>
He was justified in the initial 4 shots but in his own testimony he said he paused for a few seconds, looked over the suspects, and said "you don't look too bad" and shot him again while he was moaning on the floor, paralyzing him. That's where he got into trouble, everything else was fair game.

All of them were savage animals and deserved to be executed, but unfortunately that's not legal.
>>
>>34464299
Have you seen NYC lately?

Back then, it was a crime-ridden hellhole that everyone who could had fled, and the people left behind were either there for wall street, hard working blue collar types, or nogs. Goetz was hailed as a hero because he did something that all the honest people left in NYC wanted to do themselves.

Look at modern NYC today. Goetz would be strung up for his toxic cis white male privilege and total lack of awareness of the intersectionality of those poor future Nobel prize winners who dindu nuffin.

>>34467638
He would have been charged no matter what, since he had fled the scene, and wasn't legally allowed to possess the firearm.

Ultimately, iirc, the only charge that he was convicted of was failing to register his handgun with the city.
>>
>>34467619
>be homeless
>ask you for a buck
>have hand on my dick because i like to touch it
>>
>>34467697
>with 3 accomplices who are surrounding you
>>
>>34467673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtEle8JM2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuUe4-Utkno
Goetz is basically the classic example of why you absolutely should invoke your right to remain silent and have a lawyer present before you open your yap to the police after a self-defense shooting.
>>
>>34467697
All of them had rapsheets you'd need a handtruck to carry, and they all went on to commit more violent crime. The "hey can I have 5 bucks" was a set up to a violent robbery/murder.
>>
>>34467715
sums up my long post
guy is batshit
>>
>>34467738
And bernie knew both their pasts and their futures, making the shooting good.
>>
>>34467979
>be African American man
>minding your own business
>these young gentlemen apprach you
>assume they must be coming from chemotherapy and are good boys and don't want to appear to be racist
>Hilarity ensues

The same thing happened to Bernie
>>
>Here have another
>>
>>34466460
One of the niggers admitted that they planned to rob him. Kys.
>>
>>34468188
and?
where am i saying he shouldnt have defended himself?
you dumbshit should realize though that there is a difference between self defense and >>34467715
"you seem to be doing alright, heres another"

one is SD, the other depending on how you view it manslaughter or attempted murder

now crawl back into your /pol/ack hole unless you've actually got something to contribute
>>
>>34468243
A jury of his peers in a court of law found that the only thing Goetz was guilty of was criminal possession of his unlicensed gun in NYC. In other words, it was found to have been a -GOOD SHOOT- despite, or in spite of, Bernie having said those things and having done it with an illegal gun.

Obviously, I wouldn't go saying that shit, be it on the scene, or later on while being interrogated by the police, but the fact that he was not found guilty of any other charges IN SPITE of having said all of that really affirms two things:

1 - New Yorkers were sick and tired of dindus dinduing them - half of the jury had been victims of street crimes
2 - His peers felt that he had been completely and entirely justified under NY Penal Law 35.15
> A person may, subject to the provisions of subdivision two, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he or she reasonably believes such to be necessary to defend himself, herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by such other person

By the way, the only reason they stuck him with Criminal Possession:
>The People had proved each of the elements of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt, it "must" find the defendant guilty.
Otherwise, the jury would have probably called him not guilty on that one too.

In other words - Bernie Goetz did nothing wrong.
How about you crawl back to /leftypol/?
>>
>>34465922
Nigger you just prived his point

>/k/ hasguns for groid removal
>"nuh uh im a nigger and i gotta protect myself from the feral noggers"
>>
>>34468363
Yes,
Yes,
Yes,
Yes,
Yes

Shooting someone who is already on the ground and neutralized as a threat still is something different.
Remember those kids that broke in and the guy executed them and was stupid enough to get it on tape?
Similar situation.
My point is he wasnt wrong to escalate to using lethal force to defend himself, but you yourself agree that saying that shit is fucking bonkers.
Listening to his interviews affirms that the guy out of it, and probably still is.
The shooting neither makes him a hero nor a vigilante, just a dumb fuck that escalated further then necessary for his own safety.
If you had bothered to read my original post you'd see that I know that the only reason they stuck him was because of the illegal firearm.
I lots of people recommend "finishing the job" in such a situation to avoid potential law suits, disregarding justifiable homicide and the right to life (UN univ declaration of human rights, adopted by USA).
So are advocating that it is ok to shoot someone already on the ground and out of the fight?

I'll give you bonus points for elaborating on that.
>>
>>34468613
Firstly, let me state that being on the ground is not synonymous with being out of the fight, though that's not relevant to this case.
Secondly, there's very little, if any, similarity between this and the tape recorder case.
Cabey, by the way, was not on the ground, he had fallen onto one of the train's seats, in a seated position.
Only one witness testified that Goetz had any delay in his gunfire - he stated that Goetz approached Cabey and fired at him a second time, 8 other witnesses testified that the gunfire had been a rapid succession.
Cabey, of course, suffered only one bullet wound, from either Goetz's fourth or fifth shot fired. It was never determined which one missed and which one hit - In other words, contrary to your suggestion - Cabey could have very well still have been in the fight.

Did Bernie think those words to himself? Did he utter it to himself? The only person who knows this is Goetz himself, assuming he even remembers it. It's well documented that even eyewitnesses can have incorrect memory or recollection of sequences of events and details. All of that is irrelevant compared against the weight of eight witnesses testifying that the gunfire was in a rapid sequence, though, which means that Goetz would not have had time to say anything, or have approached our poor dindu nuffin and have made a meditated decision to give him another.
Goetz's biggest mistake was speaking to the police without an attorney. It's obvious that he's an unusual character, though I'd stop well short of saying he's bonkers. His defense attorney argued that his statements were the products of an over-active imagination, and I'm inclined to agree, just as the jury was.

So, you answer your question - No, I'm not advocating that anybody should ever shoot somebody who's "On the ground and out of the fight"
But - Cabey was neither one of those, and Goetz was entirely justified to have fired at him until the threat stopped.
>>
File: why not both.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
why not both.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
>>34464166
>hero or vigilante

Yes.
>>
>>34466460
>massacre
But nothing of value was lost..?
>>
>>34468731
fair enough.

Though his own statement says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtEle8JM2w
"I went to him a second time and I looked at him and he cant verify this because he was probably out of the fight then, if i had shot him or he wasnt i dont know and I said "You seem to be doing allright, here's another".

So I if we go with the over active imagination we'll probably never know. Including the accuracy of the witness reports.

As to his character, watch the first posted interview.
Revolvers make you more accurate, automatics give you shit aim, cowboys and indians teaches you how to shoot, aids stopped the crimewave etc. I think there are several statements in that interview, combined with his behaviour after the shooting and the police interviews that the guy is clearly genuine about some things that are at best half truths and in general illogical assumptions

Now I'd love to discuss this more but i gotta go for a few hours. If you can handle the delay I eagerly await your reply
>>
>>34468817
Honestly, most of that is basically just fuddlore and misconception. Once upon a time before the internet where we had access to all the information in the world, and all of the anonymous ability to call each other retards, fuddlore like that was common, and most people were too polite to tell the bubba at the counter in the gun store to shove it up their ass.
stopping power, hydrostatic shock, .22lr bouncing in skulls, teflon coated cop killers, etc ad nauseum - can you imagine the days when a magazine like Soldier of Fortune was the most reliable source of information you had?
Goetz's confession was probably more of a "Coulda woulda shoulda" type of train of thought and embellishment of the truth than anything else, and his talking about welfare mothers popping out babies is nothing extraordinary. His statements about aids and crime are unusual - but they're not anywhere near chemtrail or Super Male Vitality-tier. He's an eccentric character who was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the right tool, nothing more.
His eccentricity might make him a terrible "witness" of the alleged crimes he was found not guilty of, but it doesn't make him a terrible person with ill intent, malice, and meditated attempted murder in his heart.
>>
>>34465409
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_New_York_City_Subway_shooting#Perpetrator
?They smashed him into a plate-glass door and threw him to the ground, permanently injuring his chest and knee.[11] Goetz assisted an off-duty officer in arresting one of them; the other two attackers escaped. Goetz was angered when the arrested attacker spent less than half the time in the police station spent by Goetz himself, and he was angered further when this attacker was charged only with criminal mischief, for ripping Goetz's jacket.[12][11] Goetz subsequently applied for a permit to carry a handgun, on the basis of routinely carrying valuable equipment and large sums of cash, but his application was denied for insufficient need.

>denied for insufficient need
>need

liberals are really worthless arent they

in other news, shining star example liberals george clooney and his wife are moving back to america due to security concerns in england because of terrorism

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/george-clooney-twins-135725

you cant make this shit up. two faced fucking elitist faggots
>>
>>34464166
I think sting is a hero
>>
>>34468817
>You seem to be doing allright, here's another
topkek, always gets me
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.