[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I just got my first self-bow. How do I into traditional archery?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20170706_161507_resized.jpg (118KB, 381x969px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_161507_resized.jpg
118KB, 381x969px
/k/ I just got my first self-bow. How do I into traditional archery?
>>
>>34462902
Get arrows and a target, there you have it now practice and practice...
>>
>>34462902
Put an arrow on it, draw it and loose.
>>
>>34462902
also make sure your arrows are good for your draw weight or itll just bust and send shiggy through your hand
>>
>>34462902
Shoot, shoot and shoot again.
And keep doing it. practice every sunday after church till your arms feel like breaking.

Dont hold the draw for longer then a second
Stance , Knook, Draw, Aim, fire - 5 seconds from stance to release
Buy about 20 arrows so you dont have to keep retrieving them

When you draw end with whatever end, have your thumb pressed into your cheek. Do this every time.

Remember your stance, try not to change it much.. it will change and adapt without you knowing it.. so keep shooting

Traditional archery is very instinctual; dont worry about getting full pulls or aiming down the arrow.
If you aim down the arrow you are doing it wrong

Dont hold the arrow, let it rest between ur knuckle and bow

Dont release the string, let it roll off your hands
releasing will cause shock, and makes the arrow less accurate.

Keep both eyes open on your target and just knook, draw and and fire
Practice practice practice the rest will fall into place.

Dont expect to be any good after 1,000 shots.
Dont quit
Keep at it once a week until you cannnot do it anymore
Your shoulders will broaden, your arms and forearms will get stronger from pulling the bow

Eventually you will go longer, draw easier, aim easier and accuracy will start to come

With enough practice you will be able to fetch, knook, draw , aim and fire in 3 seconds and send an arrow a football field into a man sized target
without even thinking about it twice..

practice practice practice.. keep shooing and your body will autocorrect itself

https://www.thelongbowshop.com/collections/arrows-custom/products/basic-medieval-wood-arrows-custom
>>
>>34462902
You have a bow, sure, I really hope you didn't send that much on it. There's really not that much there for you. You should be fine with cedar shafts and honesty I would recommend because you're going to drop a SHIT ton since you're just starting. Cedar is inexpensive and will get the job done. You'll need to learn how to rest the arrow on your hand seeing as though you don't have a rest as it is. You'll need to tilt the bow to side for that. I can't help with accuracy since you have no sights and I don't know your draw weight or length. Speaking of which, you'll need to do some research on what length arrows you'll need to accommodate your draw length. IF you had a compound I could help a LOT more, but alas my experience with a traditional bow was when I was about 5.
>>
>>34462902
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

all you need. Ignore the "mainstream" archers all that stuff is VERY fake
>>
>>34465337
what do I do if I'm left-handed and right-eyed?
>>
>>34465497
This dudes gay, he shoots with a 25lb shortbow.. fucking dumb man.. just dumb..

>>34465377
Dont listen to this dude on traditional style shooting its SO far from modern way compounds you cant even compare.

>Here
>Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvKJcxa8x_g
>>
>>34465337
This is good advice. Follow this.
Only thing that should be added is to check out your local archery shop to get setup with your draw length and proper stance. Even if it costs $50 for a set of lesson it will help a ton overall.
>>
>>34465548
Watch that video.
shoot, shoot, shoot shoot shoot some more.. the more you shoot the better you get.
Keep both eyes open
Knook draw release
Eyes on target..
Youll find the target and just repeat repeat repeat.

Its really very simple.
Dont over think it
>>
>>34465550
To find draw do this

Grab bow.
Grab tape measure
Hold tape measure end in hand with bow at same time.
Draw tape measure as if it was arrow.
Where the tape measure hits your cheek is ur draw length.
>ta daaa!

Stance will come in time, just shoot
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.