[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MLG/ Military Life General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: MLG.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MLG.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hey /k/.

We have /meg/ threads all the time, I wanted to make a thread for those of us who are already serving in the military's of our respective countries.

If you like the concept feel free to make your own /MLG/ threads.

Just please respect and practice OPSEC.
>>
>>34462609
Anyone in the Army been to NTC? What can I expect? I'm going pretty soon and I'm a massive newdick.
>>
Air Force cyber meme operator here to laugh at your quality of life.

Just kidding, mad respect for you guys who live in the suck for weeks on end.
I will say that I find the AF to be lacking in the camaraderie department, my friends in other branches are way closer with their fellow servicemembers.
>>
>>34463824
Thanks Air bro but I am doing it for myself. Only reason I joined the Army was to fulfill my massive /k/ boner and college.

Probably because you're not combat arms, combat arms are closer because they've been through a lot more together and have to trust one another and have to talk because we're on guard even with people we don't like for hours at a time.
>>
Airborne 11B here. NTC is a wasteland and you will hate it. Still better than jrtc in Louisiana though. Get ready for all the fuckery. If it's anything like a jrtc rotation, you'll do anywhere from 6-14 days in the box waiting for something to happen before the entire brigade suicides their way into the last objective. Everyone dies, victory is declared over whoever you're fighting, no lessons are learned unless you're at a brigade level command. That's really who these things are for.

As far as camaraderie in service, it's really just a matter of your unit and their general morale. Mine is pretty fucked up and most everyone sticks to their own little cliques. Honestly, the only thing that unites/united us as a company is how much we hate being in our company and how much we hated our old CO.
>>
>>34462609
Do you have the OP image without the text?
>>
>>34464146
Just kind of nervous because I just got out of Basic and I'm actually still in processing to my unit but it's kind of a bad time to be new because we're about to deploy in like 3 months.

Most hardcore thing I've done is the OSUT FTX and that's a joke apparently. lol. Wish me luck.
>>
File: here.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
here.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34464164
I based it off this image. Just threw it together real fast.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/__original_drawn_by_daito__dbce1f076bdf239667e7fc0a983a86c7.jpg
>>
>>34464146
Our shop and unit morale is honestly pretty high, minus a few naysayers who have no idea how good they have it.
It's a combination of:
>1/3 of the guys sit in their rooms and play video games all night
>1/2 are unhappily married and have children
>cops camp outside the dorms busting all underage drinking and any sort of party
So it really ends up being not much different than working at a job, living in an apartment on your own.
>>
If you get sent to the air wing (Marine Corps) the only way you can find real camaraderie is if you're an aircraft mechanic. Though my shop's pretty close together because we're armorers who spend an average of 12-16 hrs a day with each other, plus we hang out outside of work.
>>
>>34462609
change of 1st sergeant tomorrow sergeant major shows up makes up rehearse li\longer then necessary basically makes captain his bitch was laughing about it entire time (at the LT farm)
>>
>>34462653
heard it sucks literally hell on earth
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.