[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

Is Brat 1 & 2 /k/ approved? Russian gangster film from the 90s, a far bit of jury rigged gunsmithing in both.

Also movie thread
>>
The finale of the first has the hero, Danila, storming a penthouse with a sawed off loaded with nails
>>
>>34461199
Watching that movie ensured my belief that Russians are white niggers. Especially after learning that trash like that is a cult classic.
>>
>>34461199
Those 2 were my favorites and most watched movies for years.
I think it depicts well the sad russian soul.
>>
>>34461199
>>34461476
Btw the movie I thought of the most "/k/" was The Veteran.
>>
>>34461199
Thoroughly enjoyed the 1st movie, didn't watch the 2nd.
>>
>>34461525
>that awesome 5min sequence at the end of the Veteran
fify

but with that low bar, many movies are "most /k/"
that escape moving shootout sequence from Heat can turn any normal man into an ammosexual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc

>TL;DR the right answer was: Way of the Gun
>>
>>34461199
I've only seen 1
Yes it's /k/ approved AND /k/ as fuck.

My personal war movie recommendations:
>Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence
>Cross of Iron
>The Wind that Shakes the Barley
>The Front Line
>The Odd Angry Shot
>>
>>34461525
>>34463316
I say Blue Ruin for the character that is /k/ incarnate
>Fat
>Loves his Mosin
>Everything he fucking says sounds like it comes from a thread here
His scenes are easily the best part of that film
>>
File: mah nigga.jpg (35KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.jpg
35KB, 225x350px
>>34463752
true, that guy was /k/ommando as fuck
I guess it's more of what /k/ imagines itself to be, vs what it actually is
>>
has anyone seen pic related? it's about rhodesia. i really need to sit down and watch it some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8awaV9BkdR0
>>
File: Brat_2_guns.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Brat_2_guns.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>
https://youtu.be/aDaaCGZz-Ok?t=4665
>>
>>34461318
>he said while gobbling down uninspired hollywood tripe
>>
>>34463731
>Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence
I've had this downloaded for a while but every time I try watching it I end up doing something else.
Is it actually good, or is it a meme movie about how horrible japanese people are?
>>
File: Mr Lawrence.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Lawrence.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>34470226
>how horrible japanese people are
kek, I recommend it because it's a fair and balanced representation. It's the most sympathetic IJA movie I've seen that doesn't go full on revisionism.

Beat Takeshi's character is a beautiful metaphor for WWII and post WWII Japan.
>>
eastern promises

i enjoyed it a lot, would recommend
>>
>>34471430
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to give it a proper watch later.
>>
File: Forbidden Kiss.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden Kiss.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>34472975
Cool, tell me what you think if the thread's still around
>>
>>34473000
It started out a bit slow but built up its themes really well, the last few scenes were especially great. The sound track was nice too, and besides a good cast it was probably the best performance I've seen from Takeshi.

If you are into japanese movies and don't mind watching something a bit lengthy you should give Eureka a try. https://letterboxd.com/film/eureka-2000/

Not war or /k/ related at all, but in my eyes one of the best movies ever made.
>>
>>34474512
Glad to hear, and I agree. The ending scene in particular got me, but also the "Father Christmas" bit too.
It showed Takeshi's character drunk, aka without inhibitions. It was a showing that was his "true self", and the kind of mentality and propaganda the Japanese went through made them different people for war. I find it beautiful.

Thanks for the recommend, I'll add it to my backlog.
>>
>>34461199
Generation Kill was pretty awesome.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (505KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
505KB, 1920x1080px
>>34475648
Not really a movie, but yeah it's fantastic.

To anyone that hasn't seen it, Hell or High Water is pretty great, pretty realistic and it has Jeff Bridges in it. Can't recommend it enough, especially if you like modern westerns like No country for old men.
>>
>>34461199
They're trashy but I dig the run down 90s Russia Aesthetic. Zmurki, or Dead Man's Bluff is even better.

I want to find an english subbed version of the three. It's always Russian or out of sync. Translating for my non Russian speaking friends is a pain.
>>
>>34477776
Amazon has English subs for Brat and Dead Man's Bluff.
It's where I saw them. They require moola to rent but it's worth it being honest.
>>
>>34475648
just finished watching it the second time, probably the most accurate modern military mini series
>>
>>34479127
MORE LIKE TROMBLEEEEYYY?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.