[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MILITARY STRATEGY!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: mil.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
mil.png
1MB, 1000x667px
ITT post books or videos that explain the basics of military strategy. It can be things like conceptual general war tactics or small unit tactics.
>>
File: Big book of war Zapp Brannigan.jpg (247KB, 630x810px) Image search: [Google]
Big book of war Zapp Brannigan.jpg
247KB, 630x810px
>>34459581
>>
kill people
dont die
follow your sergeant
I think that's about it
>>
Ranger handbook.
Any of the army tactics manuals.
>>
>>34459600
thanks for the recommendations. I haven't read either but I have also heard that the book below is very good.

>Strategy in the Contemporary World
>>
>>34459600
to my understand don't most of those require the background of a soldier to understand? i was hoping to read something as a civilian and learn out of interest.
>>
It's simple. If you kill your enemies - they win
>>
a youtube channel named historiacivilis is fantastic.
>>
Which era ?
>>
>>34459791
Fms are in army writing ie, like how the bible doesn't make sense but you understand it.

That said its also written and has pictires so even your 80 gt scoring crayon eating soldiers can understand it.

For grand strategy look at gillpin, krauthhammer, and the likes.
>>
To learn tactics, study military manuals.
To learn strategy, study History.
>>
nice try isis
>>
>>34459581
boring and hard to grasp
>tfw no time lapse footage of troop movements
>>
>>34459581
Strategy or tactics? Those are two different things.

If you want the very basics of strategy, The Art of War isn't a bad choice.
>>
File: 1457936338435.png (118KB, 738x249px) Image search: [Google]
1457936338435.png
118KB, 738x249px
Strategy is your general plan for executing your plans.

Tactics is the execution and doesn't require much though.

If you're looking at the actual how battles are fought at the lowest level, then you can find them laid out in most field manuals. Tactics are generally quite concrete and easy to grasp.

Strategy is a softer knowledge which requires reading up on the conflicts from a more general standpoint, then asking and understanding the why of how things turned out the way they did.

You can read a book on Vietnam, understand and appreciate how the US dominated tactically, but also appreciate how their strategic goals were too poorly defined to be realistically obtainable. Hint, making your goal "Hold the line for an indefinite amount of time." is not a very good goal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.