[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ builds a military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hbnxdfg.jpg (58KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
hbnxdfg.jpg
58KB, 800x521px
Scenario: You've recently become the Minister of Defense of a newly formed oil rich island nation in the Arabian Sea. They've stupidly giving you, and only you, full control of the defense budget. Historically you're military spending has been non-existent because oil hadn't been struck but now, you have and you're suddenly rich. India wants your cheap oil for themselves, most of the middle east wants you blown off the face of the earth so they don't have to compete and the USA wants neither. You've remained political neutral since forever and have yet to sign a major defense agreement with anybody.

Lets be generous and say the GDP is an even $500b and the population is 10 million. You've got 3 years to construct a military to defend yourself and your eventual friends. How much do you spend, what do you spend it on and who do you shake hands with?
>>
>>34459334
As many type 55 destroyers money can buy.
>>
Invest in 265,165 current serving military personnel. Army should be around half of that with the next largest branch being the Air Force, then Navy, then Marines, then Coast Guard. Most soldiers and sailors should be armed with an L1A1 SLR which will cost around $1,500 a piece. Assuming 3/4s have this weapon, then that means that it already costs $298.3 million dollars. Now let's assume that officers are issued a side arm. That should be around 6 soldiers per 1 officer. So that means that around 45,000 men are armed with a side arm. Colt series 70 1911s go for around $930. That's $41 million dollars. So far the military has spent almost $350 million dollars. Now obviously if you buy the tooling, things can end up cheaper by producing them yourselves, but I think that the military would have second class gear compared to the rest of the world. The only way I can see of getting ahead is shaking hands with India and the US to get weapons and then joining the fight in the Middle East while selling oil to finance it all. Hopefully with the Muslims dying off in droves as a new found ally marches on their holiest of lands, this country can grow and strengthen.
>>
>>34459414
No surface ships. Just submarines.
You are sitting on one of the major arteries of ocean-bound world trade.
America might be looking to set up a naval station on your soil due to such placement.
Open trade with India to sell off surplus oil, as your country has been making do so far with no local production of such.

Begin a switch from oil power to nuclear power, with the condition that the surplus oil that would otherwise be consumed locally be sold off to the US and India.

Open friendly dialogue with Israel. The Arab nations' governments already hate you, let's turn that into ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DESPISE YOU.

When the Saudi-led oil baron coalition comes a calling, unleash your submarines and tweet out "unrestricted submarine warfare is on the table if Middle Eastern OPEC states don't fuck off". The UN will bend over backwards to prevent that scenario from occurring, and with you partnered with India, Israel, and the United States...
>>
>>34459334
>Sell out to the USA
>get defensive treaty
>profit
>>
>>34459449
I'm curious, where would a fledgling nation such as this obtain that number of L1A1s and 1911s? Who is still selling mass amounts of guns to anyone buying?
>>
>>34459726
Colt still produces the series 70 so take out a contract. I'm sure India still has L1A1s that they'd be happy to sell. If not, fuck it, take out a contract with someone who'd make SLRs for you.
>>
>>34459766
India isn't in the position to sell any modern guns. After the INSAS debacle they need every gun they can get. India is dealing with active Maoist rebels AND the eternal Paki
>>
>Liquadate Resources
>Pay local mob to fake my death
>Whore it up in Thailand for the next 30 years
>>
>>34459334

subs, subs and more subs. with all manner of nukes. maybe 3-4 corvettes with granit tier ASMs. every grunt is going to be a combat diver.
>>
>>34459726
>Who is still selling mass amounts of guns to anyone buying?

Aero Precision? you can have an AR superior to what the US Army has for under 500$ from them.
>>
>>34459334
Is the country arab or not? Because if it is then I'm doing
>>34461423
There's no way to save that god forsaken shithole.
>>
>>34459449
why the L1A1 and that specific 1911. A Delton AR and Rock Island 1911 is 1 third your price. Less if you give pogues garage stens
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.