[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trigger problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 180104.jpg (40KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
180104.jpg
40KB, 880x660px
So guys hypothetically if I was having trigger problems with resetting and I ground off the hook on the disconnector to fix those problems would that be a problem?
From what I can tell from looking at it it may be full auto only now which might be a problem.
>>
>>34459276
If you ground off the disconnecter you're a retard, enjoy your OOBD.
>>
>>34459276
to make it full auto you take the spring out from under the disconnector. the momentum from the bolt carrier hitting completely forward will knock the disconnector hook off the hammer and fire again
>>
>>34459276
>So guys hypothetically if I was having trigger problems with resetting and I ground off the hook on the disconnector to fix those problems would that be a problem?
Yes, because then your gun wouldn't work.
>From what I can tell from looking at it it may be full auto only now which might be a problem.
It won't be full auto but it will be a problem.
>>34459287
The AR-15 cannot fire out of battery.
>>
>>34459276
no you will just get hammer follows because it will ride the bolt rather then hitting the fireing pin with enough force to set off a primer. Buy a new disconnector and be more careful next time. It is only like a 5$ part at most so if you are having that many problems it may be best to buy a few.
>>
>>34459276
>He actually uses a trigger
>Not hitting your rifle with a hammer instead
>>
>>34459335
it might if you saw off the fucking disconnector.

But more than likely it will just be soft-strike city.
>>
>>34459276

You'll soft strike and not have a functioning firearm.

Dumbass.
>>
>>34459483
>it might if you saw off the fucking disconnector.
It might what? Fire out of battery? It's physically impossible in the AR-15 or any rifle with a collapsing bolt. The firing pin is too short to reach the primer without the bolt being fully collapsed, i.e., locked.
>>
Well thanks guys, good to know.
It was hanging up on the disconnector, probably should have just filed it a bit but it was a shit stock trigger anyway that I was planing to replace.

It was useless as it was, would only fire after manually charging so that was every other round on the ground.
>>
File: ATF-goon-squad.jpg (45KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
ATF-goon-squad.jpg
45KB, 374x503px
>>
>>34459276
>grinding off the disconnector
Good going to mongtard, enjoy your hammerfollow, out of battery detonations and slamfires.

And yes, the ATF can interpret this as intent to create an unregistered machinegun if you do it on purpose.
>>
>>34459524
>collapsing bolt
I beg your pardon?
>>
>>34460087
What he means is as an AR bolt is "locked" into the barrel, the bolt head is pushed back and rotated. The firing pin will not protrude from the bolt until the bolt head is pushed back and rotated.
>>
>>34459326
When I first put my AR together I misplaced that spring and learned that lesson the hard way when I pulled the trigger and dumped 5 rounds almost instantly.
>>
>>34460249
>249
>accidentally made a machine gun
Tracks.

Anyway, I managed a fuckup much the same. I only wanted a 3 position safety so I could click extra and my brain somehow logic-ed that it would still function normally.

Nope.

The disconnected acted like that binary trigger system where you let go of the trigger and it fired again.

Not doing that shit again.
>>
>>34460087
In most rotating bolt firearms, the bolt collapses into the bolt carrier during lock up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.