[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 2000px-Texas_flag_map.svg_.png (86KB, 2000x1952px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Texas_flag_map.svg_.png
86KB, 2000x1952px
Just moved to Texas a couple of weeks ago, Mesquite TX to be specific. Any good gun shops or ranges worth noting? I sure would love to find a 300-500 yard range somewhere.
>>
VX Marksmanship
ETTS range
Gibsons if you can deal with only 200y and you don't need no stinking rules

Otherwise, buy 10 unincorporated acres of land well outside city limits.
>>
Any west Texas /k/ommandos out there?
>>
>>34458953
Buy land. It's cheap as fuck out near where you are. I bought land in Princeton for a steal. Set up a trailer and some lights and you're good to shoot whenever you feel like it.
>>
File: texas not texas.jpg (41KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
texas not texas.jpg
41KB, 500x373px
>>34458953
Dallasfag here.
http://dfwshootingsports.com/
^ these guys are total bros to work with. No Fuddism.
http://grabagun.com/
^ Service is meh, but WAY cheap guns. Also, steel AR mags for like $8.
>>
rifle gear in plano is super nice, but you pay full price. they have cool stuff you dont normally see at fudd shops. land is cheap north east of you. i was in dfw for a long time, now i'm in north austin and it sucks.
>>
>>34462092

Where are you at? I grew up in the area of Rundberg and Lamar. When I was growing up White flight was real. I passed through a few years ago and it was like little Mexico. My old house had a bunch of cars parked on the lawn. Broke my heart.
>>
>>34461976
Define cheap. As in $1-2000 an acre?
>>
Welcome to Tejas. Make friends with people that own land if you cant buy a few acres of your own. Get into reloading your own ammo. Makes things like 7.62*51 go from 0.50$ a round down to like 0.15$ a round.
>>
>>34462132
That's expensive central texas land prices.
There are shitty places in the west and south for like $400-500 an acre.

$2000 an acre with get you beautiful hill country stuff out near copperas cove and pidcoke.
>>
There's a few good gun shops in that area, more towards Plano/McKinney that I'm aware of. Runner Runner Guns, Mr. Guns, etc.

Not sure about the ranges over there. I know there are a few in the area by i75 and one with a 100 yard indoor up over in Frisco. For some outdoor distance in your area I'd head over to Greenville (B-tactical) or Yantis (J & K's Trigger and Bow). I'm sure there are some North of you but these I'm familiar with.
>>
ETTS range is probably your best bet to shoot some distance. There's a few options on the outskirts of DFW, but that's going to be the closest to you. I don't know of any shops in that area, but DFW is full of them.
>>
File: Muh2nd.png (25KB, 634x446px) Image search: [Google]
Muh2nd.png
25KB, 634x446px
Centex fag here (254). Welcome to the best country in the US.
>>
I live in Rockwall, hi
>>
Make good friends with Patrick at ETTS (owner), best range ive ever been to, good place to set of tanerite, get a couple of freinds together for a discounted "family" membership
>>
>>34462341
>254
You can't spell killeen without the word kill.
>>
>>34462500
Actually though. Good thing I don't live there.
>>
>>34462155
North of DFW farther than 15mins from a highway was going for $3000 an acre. So was near Abilene. The canyon stuff south of Possum Kingdom was up to $5000 last I checked.

Cheap land near the tech triangle is becoming extinct.
>>
I moved to Bandera about 4 weeks ago and recently joined the local gun club. Nice range, but they want like $28 for a box of .38 special. Anywhere near town to get ammo cheaper? Or am I stuck going to Boerne or Kerrville? And if I am, what shops do you recommend?
>>
File: 1496557478865.gif (1MB, 412x384px) Image search: [Google]
1496557478865.gif
1MB, 412x384px
>>34463721
Have you considered buying online?
>>
>>34465240
I have, but I've always been a cash guy. I only have about $7 in my account, and my bank is back in CA. I know that online is definitely cheapest, but i was just hoping there might be something better locally.
>>
>>34462155
that is ave near san antonio, and if you want places that are nice like near boerne or along I10 going west you can spend up to 10k an acre for non-water front property if its along a river or the like expect 15-25k per acre along the water and 5-10k per acre for the rest of the property.
>>
>>34465453
you could try going south to hondo and check out Mumme's feed lot. its right off of 173 South, only other bet is going to san antonio or austin to pick up from the bix box stores when they have sales. cabelas used to have some cheap ammo every now and again, and well with gander mtn going out of business maybe the store off of 151 in SA may still have some ammo there.
>>
>>34466170
Thanks, friend. Still learning the layout of the area, so glad to know any and all options.
>>
Is there a list of banned firearms for Texas or are the freedumbs just too good?
>>
>>34463220
>>34466129
Honestly, I think I got into the land game 5 years too late. With the way the real estate companies are snapping up 20-30 acre sections and partitioning them to 1-2 acre homes, I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a second home on a decent track of land less than a few hours drive from a city.

I guess I'll wait for the next housing crash and cross my fingers I can weather through it. At least I got a home before the recent bubble in housing prices hit.
>>
>>34466242
Not really aware of any banned firearms, except those already illegal at the federal level. Not even for hunting either.
>>
>>34466242
If you can afford it and wait for the stamp, you can get it
>>
>>34466262>>34466264
Very nice
>>
File: 1496895880118.png (36KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1496895880118.png
36KB, 400x390px
>Live in Dallas, a few 10 minutes from DFW shooting range
>tfw I enjoy the friendly staff and closeness of the place
>mfw there's no 300 yard range anywhere close.

I don't like settling for less than optimal, but I'll take what I can get I guess...
>>
>>34466270

Dallas area ranges generally suck. I used to shoot at Elm Fork....so many goddamn rules for rifles. Fine for pistols, as is DFW gun range

Magnum out in Sanger is pretty laid back/rednecky next to no rules, but the drive is so long for me it could be packed by the time I get there
>>
972/979 here
>>
>>34461976
How much did it cost to get lectricity to your property?
>>
As has been stated, the options for a good rifle range in DFW is pretty much nill. I usually shoot at Shoot Smart in Grand Prairie. It's a small range, but its well maintained, the staff are friendly, and they have a $6 "happy hour" from I think 4-6 during the week so it's cheap. Only 15yd lanes though. If you pay a little extra, you get a private booth that you can shoot rifles and do holster work from.

Best place I've found for indoor rifle is Eagle Range up in Lewisville. Only 25yds but it's 20 bucks for the whole day, you can even leave the range and come back later the same day.

As for shops, Rifle Gear is Plano is good. It's a bit gucci but the staff is super friendly and they have a great pistol selection. GT Distributors in Garland is another great place. It's mainly a cop shop, but they have good prices, a very diverse long arm selection, and are super friendly.
>>
>>34467416
>Only 15yd lanes
Why even go shooting, then?
You might as well just throw bullets at that range.
>>
>>34467473
15 yards is more than sufficient for pistol work, especially for your average shooter. Shoot Smart also caters heavily to new shooters, they offer a lot of training courses and even occasionally do special events. I've been there quite a few times and even the competent shooters generally do most of their shooting at 7-10 yards.

You don't need to have a huge range if half your customers shoot at 3-5 yards and have paper plate sized groupings at those ranges.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.