[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Be Concerned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: arbreechface.jpg (809KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
arbreechface.jpg
809KB, 2592x1936px
>Took my new Henry AR-7 to the range.
>Fired 50 CCI Stingers through it; no problem.
>Tried firing some cheapie bulk .22 through it.
>Jam-jam-jam-jam-jam-jam-jam.
>Go home, disassemble the rifle.
>Find that the jams have apparently chewed up the breech face a little, leaving this big gash in the aluminum.
Does this look dangerous? Should I be concerned, or does it fall under the "normal wear and tear" category?
>>
File: 1499077077468m.jpg (188KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499077077468m.jpg
188KB, 681x1024px
>>34457536
Its fine, just clean it with some CLP and stone out any raised metal from the jams, if any. I really don't see where there is a problem. Can you provide a close-up in better lighting conditions?
>>
What gash? I only see a gash in that injection molded bit which should be fine. You were having jams because the AR-7 is a giant floating pile of shit.
>>
File: arbreech2.jpg (704KB, 2718x1886px) Image search: [Google]
arbreech2.jpg
704KB, 2718x1886px
A hopefully better pic.
>>
>>34457695
Again, I don't see anything to be concerned with. Could you circle the part you're worried about?
>>
>>34457536
If the steel barrel insert isn't damaged you're fine. That said, I replaced my barrel with after market version that's solid steel.
>>34457579
kys m80
>>
I've heard there are some pretty involved modifications you can make to increase reliability, like lightening the hammer and polishing the receiver internals to make it cycle cheap shit, is there any truth to this?

I got mine for free from a friend, i'd use it if it could handle bulk thunderbolts.
>>
>>34457751
thunderbolts are trash ammo. probably the worst out of all bulkpacks, buy a bolt action if you want to use them without issue.
>>
>>34457750
>If the steel barrel insert isn't damaged you're fine. That said, I replaced my barrel with after market version that's solid steel.
Link for that? Will it still fit inside the stock?
>>
File: 1494648622774.jpg (55KB, 463x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494648622774.jpg
55KB, 463x750px
>>34457781

I have other guns, retard. I just want this one to eat what they can eat.
>>
File: arbreechcircle.png (1MB, 1416x1066px) Image search: [Google]
arbreechcircle.png
1MB, 1416x1066px
>>34457738
>Could you circle the part you're worried about?
>>
>>34457959
Correct me where I'm wrong, but that part should never be in contact with any ammo. That's on the wrong side of the loading ramp.
>>
>>34457988
>Correct me where I'm wrong, but that part should never be in contact with any ammo. That's on the wrong side of the loading ramp.
It shouldn't be, but it was when I had a bunch of nasty jams from using cheapie bulk ammo.
>>
>>34457959

That's nothing to worry about. You can chalk that up as a beauty mark and forget about it.
>>
>>34457695
That's the feed ramp.
Its jamming because its an AR-7 they aren't well known for anything but jamming and being able to float.
>>
>>34458108
>That's the feed ramp.
>Its jamming because its an AR-7 they aren't well known for anything but jamming and being able to float.
No, I didn't mean the feed ramp, and it fired Stingers just fine.
>>
>>34458108
You forgot that it's known to be a "assassin gun" in James Bond movies

>>34458136
If a .22 doesn't shoot Stingers it is absolutely worthless and possibly dangerous. Stingers will cycle just about any semi-auto action up until the point they peen the back of the bolt and cause a massive malfunction.
>>
>>34458169
>If a .22 doesn't shoot Stingers it is absolutely worthless and possibly dangerous. Stingers will cycle just about any semi-auto action up until the point they peen the back of the bolt and cause a massive malfunction.
Anyhow, I'm going to put a couple hundred Mini-Mags and Coppers through it tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any problems.
>>
>>34458005
>beauty mark
>liking defective guns and defective women
>>
>>34457750
He's right though. It is a pile of shit.
>>
>>34458222
Seriously, you get Stingers when you pack as much powder as you can into a lengthened .22 case. They are the hottest .22 you can buy. Mini-mags are better in the sense that older guns won't beat themselves to death quite as fast. I believe CCI now sells mini-mags as "AR ready", "semi-auto ready", or something along those lines.
>>
>>34458328
>Seriously, you get Stingers when you pack as much powder as you can into a lengthened .22 case. They are the hottest .22 you can buy. Mini-mags are better in the sense that older guns won't beat themselves to death quite as fast. I believe CCI now sells mini-mags as "AR ready", "semi-auto ready", or something along those lines.
Well, the main attraction of Mini-Mags is that they're half the price of Stingers, and not all so very horrendously more expensive than bulk .22
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.