[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the US defend against North Korean missiles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: US-NK.jpg (184KB, 1005x839px) Image search: [Google]
US-NK.jpg
184KB, 1005x839px
Really makes you think.
>>
>>34457493
Yes.

Bomb them first and keep on bombing until there's nothing left.
>>
We cant defend our selfs from missiles that can never hit us
>>
File: IMG_6775.jpg (36KB, 417x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6775.jpg
36KB, 417x486px
>>34457493
Reuters confirmed NK shills.
>>
>>34457493
It depends on who will fire first, there will be consquence and casualties but it will be a loose loose situation on both sides, its not about how you can defend, its about who can react first to take action
>>
>>34457689
This.

We can defend North Korea into a pile of radioactive dust.
>>
Man Kim is a fat piece of shit. Is he eating all the food we send them?
>>
>if do right, no can defense
>>
>>34458311
>loose loose

Fucking get it right.

Your mother is loose.
You never did lose your virginity, did you?

Notice the difference?
>>
>>34458502
is there? Like, what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>34458365
We keep feeding him because he doesn't poop.
The master plan is he eats so much he just explodes.
>>
>>34457493
>Not everyone agrees
We literally have the best technology on the planet do defend against their craptastic missiles. How the fuck can you not agree with that?
>>
>>34458616
He's talking about people still mixing up LOOSE and LOSE.

A screw is LOOSE
You LOSE your wallet
>>
>>34458637
Gotta rev up the fear mongering so one can rally support for the coming bet down. I will concede, however, that the targets closer to NK are at risk of being fucked
>>
>>34458637
>>34458765
I don't even know why we would play down the threat. If there's even a 0.0001% chance a Nork nuke can reach American soil we have to take that as an absolute and work to bring those odds to absolute zero.
>>
>>34457493
can North Korea defend against a US retaliation if they launch so much as a hostile stipball at us?

everyone laughs a hearty fuck no
>>
First off, North Korea needs a missile.
>>
>>34458311
>Best Korea nukes US
>Russia:Pissed
>China:Pissed
>'Merica:Freedom mode initiated
>Best Korea gets ass raped by US while Russia and China watch
>Have to deal with biggest humanitarian crisis of the 21st century

There is no way that this would end pleasantly for anyone.
>>
>>34459599
Pretty much this.

If you think think there AREN'T 2 Ohio class boats sitting on either side of N. Korea right now.. I have some news for you.
>>
>>34459599
China won't watch. They will invade to prevent the Koreas being United and very friendly to the US as the Sorks are now.
>>
>>34459731
>Pretty much this.
>Best Korea nukes US
>Pretty much this
Are you assfucked?
>>
>>34457493
Can US BMD protect against the less than five ballistic missiles that could possibly make it to Hawaii? Yes.
>>
>>34458502
*you're

fucking dumb ass
>>
File: Snicker Norks.jpg (190KB, 700x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Snicker Norks.jpg
190KB, 700x1127px
>>34457689
>Bomb them first and keep on bombing until there's nothing left.

Thing is, even if they do let one fly, there will be a hit people die and its terrible but it won't be 'MAD'.
It will be 'Self Assured Destruction' for NK though
>>
>>34460012
>even if they do let one fly, there will be a hit
No.
>>
>>34460012
>Self Assured Destruction
SAD!
>>
>>34458903
If they gave a shit about retaliation they would've given up by now. We will always have more to lose.
>>
Fuck the USA. They need to get a nuke or two from a mystery agent. Just to get a taste of what their arrogant asses did to Japan, North Korea, and Vietnam.
>>
But the thing is, despite all the NorK chest thumping, the nuclear arsenal is primarily intended for deterrence, rather then offense. Despite the propaganda (both NorKie and US, direct or indirect), they're not t h a t crazy. They know they can't directly win a confrontation, so the next best thing is to make sure the enemy will think twice before tackling you. Still makes me wonder how gradually the main narrative against North Korea will change from:
>hahahamburgers
to
>a capable nuclear threat, pre-Gulf War Iraq 2.0
>>
>>34460069
you have to be 18 to be on 4chan
>>
>>34460070
deterence against what?

they have nothing anyone would want even china lets them keep what little they have. Its like a homeless man fighting random people because he's afraid someone wants to steal his literal shit.
>>
>>34457493
"Not everyone" can mean a hobo on the street whose mind is addled by substance abuse.
>>
>>34460083
US imperialism, in their narrative. Keep in mind, Korean War still hasn't officially ended and for that reason (among others internally useful ones, of course) they keep actualizing the memory of 1953. You could argue that they were the aggressors in that war, which is correct, but be mindful that to them it was a justified principle of unification, rather then a war of conquest.
>>
Did the gooks just vinyl one of their waifus onto a B-1B?
>>
>>34457493
One thing I figured out is that China has nothing to lose and everything to gain to let NK bomb its rival a few times to knock them down a peg and then get wiped off the map; hell, they can even volunteer to retaliate "for" america and add the good parts of it to their perfectly unified Han Empire.
>>
>>34460069
This is bait.
The bait made specifically for anon.
Anon's bait.
>>
>>34459940

Your brain being tiny means you're a fucking jackass.

go back to /pol/
>>
>>34460114
If anything it would be the greatest possible excuse to sanction China to the Bronze age. We've been leaning on them for decades to keep their fucking dog leashed, and when it goes out to bite someone, you're going to shoot the dog, and send the medical bills to the owner.

China is 100% responsible for North Korea in every way, shape, and form.
>>
File: specialfeature_01.jpg (294KB, 702x460px) Image search: [Google]
specialfeature_01.jpg
294KB, 702x460px
>>34457493
the North American Aerospace Defence Command
shall deploy the Ballistic missile defence systemâ„¢
and all will be well

to my mind nork seems more likely to accidentally nuke itself
>inb4 their "nuke" delvers no more power than its tonnage in TNT
>>
File: nuclear bird.jpg (19KB, 480x440px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear bird.jpg
19KB, 480x440px
>>34460070
>>34460083
It's more that they want to be considered a legit power. They want to be invited to all the big conferences and summits and have real regional influence. But at the same time they're run by a megalomaniacal family whose patriarchs have been elevated to divine status and have zero reason to give up absolute power. It's too late for them to initiate economic or political reforms, they've been living in a parallel universe for decades.

That's why I don't understand people who suddenly seem baffled by the fact that they would detain and torture an American student or pursue a costly and insane nuclear weapons program. The entire state is the extension of the will of a single individual, one who probably fucked a few of his generals' daughters and granddaughters before having them and their entire families executed, who gauges his nation's overall relevance on pure destructive capability.

These are not rational state actors and that's what makes them so dangerous. MAD doesn't apply to them because they would likely go the whole 9 yards of nuclear fallout long before reversing course. There is no solution in the end, only waiting them out until their population slowly but surely starves to death and there's no army left to fight or man the weapons (basically what everyone is hoping for, including China as the Norks become more of a liability) or commit to a full and unrelenting first strike.
>>
>>34460128
>have real regional influence.
Lad. Russia, China, SK, the US and Japan. PLEASE, tell me where the regional influence for North Korea could possibly exist? You know very well that they don't want "real regional influence"
>>
>>34460155
Every country wants regional influence. Every administration wants bargaining power. And every world leader wants to make their mark on the world and leave behind a legacy. That's just basic human nature.

What the Kims can't achieve through diplomacy or economic soft power they want to gain through straight up hard power. And what they can't secure through the threat of conventional arms they want to secure using nuclear arms. They already believe they're facing an existential threat. In the mind of the latest Kim, he probably sees himself as a lone hero up against the world. We all know that feeling. Now exacerbate it with control across well over 20 million citizens.

I wouldn't be surprised if the attention the world is giving him is enough on its own to convince him he should keep going. It's not like he's personally hurting from the sanctions. Every last cent is going to him, his armed forces and his nuke program. This is about one man's ego and if he wakes up tomorrow and decides he's gonna have an existential crisis and he might as well glass Seoul, then that may very well happen.
>>
File: hotdog norks.jpg (49KB, 631x454px) Image search: [Google]
hotdog norks.jpg
49KB, 631x454px
>>34460020
>No.
I dunno man, I've seen some fairly swanky anti-missile/anti artillery systems while Mohammed was lobbing mortars at us.
Yeah they sometimes get them, sometimes they get a lot of them and maybe they get all of them! And sometimes the magical gun fairy is fed up because they secretly wanted to be a missile fairy, who doesn't want to talk to the software fairy who's having wild unprotected sex with the dirty beam forming radar fairy... and shit gets blown up. So we go hide in a deep hole or under a large vehicle because being blown up due to a 'technical malfunction' built by the lowest bidder is pretty fucked.

>>34460195
The whole shebang is based on hard power and 'war with USA', the minute they drop that there isn't actually a war with someone = anarchy
Which would be funny to watch on TV as 25million hungry, angry motheruckers just lose their shit on each other with ancient slav shit. Count me in on tuning into that one when the wheels fall off
>>
>>34460301
>And sometimes the magical gun fairy is fed up because they secretly wanted to be a missile fairy, who doesn't want to talk to the software fairy who's having wild unprotected sex with the dirty beam forming radar fairy... and shit gets blown up.
kek
>>
>>34458831
Bruce pls
>>
It's ridiculously easy for the U.S to intercept a single warhead missile.
They'd have a lot less time to react against a MIRV
>>
US should send in a special ops group. This group should sabotage the nukes. This way as soon as the nuke gets 10 feet off the ground, it immediately stops, falls back down, and blows up on them. This way it appears they fucked it up and become the laughing stock of the world.
>>
>>34459731
There 100% are not.
>>
>>34460123

Oh god I never considered that. How hilarious would it be if the first time they actually launched a real nuke on a real missile and it blew up 100 feet off the launch pad?
>>
>>34460020
they wouldn't send the missiles they have now to the US, but they sure as shit would start flinging them all over East Asia, especially to Good Korea, Nippon, and possibly Guam
>>
>>34459731
>>34459599

>If you think think there AREN'T 2 Ohio class boats sitting on either side of N. Korea right now.. I have some news for you.

Idiot.
>>
>>34460415
Yes because they totally train SF for that
>>
>>34460069
What about me?
>>
>>34460069
Fuck you. Those countries deserved it. Japan was willing to fucking sacrifice the entirety of their population to fighting the US. Nuking them was really the only option we had seeing as how we'd already bombed their dumbasses back to the Stone Age not to mention the fact that we almost burned Tokyo completely down. North Korea and North Vietnam were both commie scum nations and completely deserved everything they got. We should've killed more.
>>
>>34460033

kek'd
>>
>>34460012
Goddamn the burgers look cool in that photo.
>>
>>34461681
Kek nice. That was a very good impression of a brainwashed goy.
>>
>>34461681
What if I told you the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was part of a masonic ritual to kill Catholics
>>
File: 456734543234.jpg (281KB, 1027x1027px) Image search: [Google]
456734543234.jpg
281KB, 1027x1027px
>>34460033
>those digits
>that memery
What have you done, anon? You've doomed a whole country!
>>
>>34460118
Pretty ironic for a grammar nazi to not like pol, don't you think?
>>
>>34460069
get out of here, commie
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.