[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IR laser FDA regulations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (231KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 880x660px
So concerning ir lasers what exactly are the regulations and fucking why? Humans can't see into the Infra red, why does the fda "regulate" them? Is this just backdoor gun control?
>>
>>34454670
No one needs infrared lasers, are you planning on shooting up a school during the night?
>>
you can't see em, but they can fuck your eyes mighty good.
>>
>>34454670
My only question on this is...

Why the FDA?
>>
>>34454718
Anymore than regular lasers? I don't see how given how much more energetic the photons in visible light are compared to infra red.

I mean hell I have a 1 watt blue laser and it seems like ir lasers don't go past 15 milli watts.
You'll damage your eyes from my laser by simply looking at the light beam being pointed at the wall.
>>
>>34454755
>Anymore than regular lasers?
The danger here is you can't see it, so you don't know you're even looking into it.
>>
>>34454755
Not more than normal lasers, but the thing with infrared is that since you can't see them people are more likely to accidentally expose themselves much worse.
>>
>>34454803
Who gives a shit about exposing themselves? We have people that eat like pigs and weigh 600 pound and the fda is regulating little IR lasers?
Yeah it's definitely backdoor gun control and another reason to fucking hate federal agencies.
Also if it's causing damage then it probably hurts so you'll instability turn away or close your eyes.
>>
>>34454814
>Who gives a shit about exposing themselves?
Yea, okay, but you can expose others without them even knowing.
>>
File: giphy.gif (569KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
569KB, 320x212px
>>34454728
>not eating laser
>>
>>34454728
Medical lasers maybe?
>>
>>34454841
Good point.
>>
>>34454850
Haha laser point amirite?
>>
>>34454814
fat people kill themselves. Lasers let you blind others. And there is no legal justification for blinding people, like shooting them in self defense.
>>
>>34454670
cuz high power lasers can damage your eyeballs...or someone else's?
>>
>>34454939
So can a baseball bat
>>
>>34455047
go complain about it to the government then faggot

>The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation
>>
>>34455047
yeah but then there's a loud crack, a sizeable dent in their head, and a bloodied baseball bat with your fingerprints on it. as opposed to shining an IR laser in someone's eye, which leaves literally no traces behind other than a blind person.
>>
>>34454814
I heard that you shouldn't look at a solar eclipse because your eyes will get damaged by the UV light(I think it was UV) without even feeling anything, something might be similar to with IR.
>>
>>34454814
you realize i can make you a fucking pirate by lasing your eye for a few minutes and you would literally never know until it happened, right?
>>
>>34454710

Who are you going to shoot up? The night shift janitors?
>>
>>34454670
Hey OP. If you can't see x-rays are they harmless? Your logic is retarded.
>>
>>34454670
>Humans can't see into the Infra red
That's exactly why you mong. It's because you won't even be able to tell that your eyes are damaged until well after the laser has been shining into your eyes. With a red laser you will instinctively close your eyes and avert your gaze.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.