[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Let's say you can't own an AR or AK, what would be the best pump action shotgun to compete for a guerrila WARFARE situation?
I'm not talking about semi like vepr or saiga kind of shotguns
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 600x600px
>pump action shotgun
>guerrilla warfare
Do you know what guerrilla warfare is? For a SHTF situation a shotgun isnt bad, but for going up against an organized military your dead kiddo. You would be much better off with a bolt action and a few guys with lever actions. Look at engagments in afganistan, all of the fighters that are still alive shoot from very far ranges because if they got within shotgun range of their enemy they would be vaporized. This is all theoretical right op?
>>
>>34453480
some light .410 concealable Judge is probably best. Protectas have the best guerilla warfare memes though
>>
>>34453480
The premise of your question in kinda retarded, ref the whole guerrilla warfare angle.
That being said, an older, used 870P is thought to beat inthe pump 12g realm. Buy it cheap and you can make some upgrades based on your preferences: shorter lop, sling and a light if it suits your needs. Done. For well under $500.
>>
>>34453480
Guerilla warfare? Some sort of slug gun.
>>
>>34453538
>>34453558
>>34453569
>>34453624
Let's just be honest you need clean building interior what do you choose, slug or others ammo?
>>
>>34453770
well to clean a building interior I would use a mop bucket combo that has a strainer attached with some mid-level cleaner. As for the walls I would have to know about the material it is made of. Last thing I would use to clean a building is a shotgun.
>>
>>34453480
something with the highest shell capacity possible, without using detachable mags which are inherently unreliable. so probably the ksg
>>
Actual guerilla warfare?
Super shorty for concealability.

The cawadooty shit you're daydreaming about? Mossberg 590, because they're tough shit unlike an unproven design like the KSG.
>>
File: 1487616275008.jpg (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487616275008.jpg
195KB, 600x600px
>pump action

Auto-loader with shell caddy for quad loading is your best bet famalam.
>>
File: 1493261391970.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1493261391970.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>34453798
>>
DD-12
Get
>>
>>34453480
Do shotguns even have a real purpose over a rifle of similar length besides hitting flying objects and breaking doors?
>>
>>34453770
What kind of building? Why are you clearing it?
I ask because, and I realize this is essentially just a thought exercise, but the premise is flawed.
There's not really a great reason for an individual to be clearing a structure by yourself. When LE/MIL personnel do it, they do it with a team of people who have practiced together. A lot.
If you're Joe Homeowner and someone breaks into your home, call 911 and stay put (with a firearm hopefully). People who get paid to do this shit show up. The only reason to be moving through a structure during a burglary/home invasion is to get to loved ones and then hunker down with them. If this, worst case scenario, is what you're looking at, then a handgun makes the most sense. It's easiest to open doors and control others (your kids, wife etc) with.
If theres a legit need for you to be on a one man CQB mission, and I'm not grasping it, you'll have to explain it to me.
>>
>>34456055
Slug to defeat barriers and large predator defense.
Flite-control 00 or #1 shot is absolutely devastating on unarmored personnel.

So I'd say they have a "use", but I don't think there's a significant advantage to most folks. Pump guns also take a fair amount of training to run effectively at speed/under stress.
There's also political considerations. In anti- 2a jurisdictions, the pump 12gauge is just your fathers hunting gun, not an evil black rifle.
>>
>>34453872
Auto loaders, that are reliable with MOST shotgun loads are basically the benelli m2,m4 and the beretta 1301. The m2 can be rendered unreliable by saddling it with a bunch of accessories (as many people are prone to do), otherwise it's great. The 1301 is $800 approx, and the m4 is twice that. They're all great rigs, but compared to a $250 870P trade in, it's a whole different conversation.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.