[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a camo pattern. What mind?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: testi1.jpg (767KB, 864x1300px) Image search: [Google]
testi1.jpg
767KB, 864x1300px
I made a camo pattern. What mind?
>>
File: testi2.jpg (411KB, 1300x863px) Image search: [Google]
testi2.jpg
411KB, 1300x863px
>>
>>34452922
how did you get it to turn the guys wearing it invisible
>>
File: testi3.jpg (627KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
testi3.jpg
627KB, 1300x866px
>>
>>34452922
Flecktarn was invented along time ago sweetie.
>>
If you want a realistic test put it mixed in with the trees not simply in front of them
>>
File: testi4.jpg (846KB, 1300x974px) Image search: [Google]
testi4.jpg
846KB, 1300x974px
>>
File: testi5.jpg (593KB, 1300x972px) Image search: [Google]
testi5.jpg
593KB, 1300x972px
>>
>>34452922

You have a 2D image with flat colors. If you want to see how this looks in reality, you'd need to print it on cloth and make clothing from it, a faster and cheaper way would be a 3D model in blender with some realistic lighting. Then you'll see that the surface and colors are affected by light and reflection, which changes the appearance of your examples somewhat.

But yeah, you practically did what Flecktarn, Erbsentarn and all those Russian versions of them did. Congratulations. If you came up with that yourself, then that's unironically, since you figured out one of the best patterns in existence.
>>
>>34452939
>>34453071
Flecktarn only looks cool. More than 10 feet away and it looks just plain (too) dark green with random black splotches.
>>
>>34452922
Mind posting a pic of just the camo
>>
>>34452939

Flecktarn is a meme.
>>
>>34453170

Not true. The black, brown, OD and green become dark spots, while contrasting effectively against the light green. One might argue about the size and intensity of the macro pattern areas, but it's outright false to say it doesn't work. Also, German forests are often much darker and browner than some light green forests in the US.
>>
File: multitarn.jpg (325KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
multitarn.jpg
325KB, 500x475px
>>34453278
Yeah and that's why they're nowadays replacing it with this far lighter-colored flecktarn-multicam-vegetato-hybrid thing.
>>
>>34453338

As they obviously not intending to fight in dark German forests anymore. Makes kinda sense, since were only sending them overseas anyways. For our territory Flecktarn works perfectly though, the three color tropic/desert version is among the best sand camo as well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.