[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military rifles in 7.62 NATO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: ia2 jungle.jpg (24KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
ia2 jungle.jpg
24KB, 640x384px
What are some well known or obscure 7.62 nato bolt actions you know about or own.
>>
>>34451898
I know a lot of countries rechambered older bolt guns to 7.62 for use by rear line troops. Notable examples would be the Israeli K98s, South American Mausers and Spanish Mausers.

As for purpose built 7.62 bolt guns, I can only think of the Indian Ishapore 2A1 and the Spanish FR8. There maybe some more, mostly made to fill niche roles but by the time 7.62 NATO was being adopted, it was obvious that bolt guns were obsolete.
>>
>>34451940
any advice on which ones to avoid?
>>
>>34452027

IIRC spanish mausers aren't super sturdy, so if you shoot it, use low powered loads
>>
>>34452128
>Spanish Mauser
>super sturdy
>anything actually made in Spain at CETME

FR8 was a rechambering IIRC. It'll handle 7.62nato. Not recommended for .308 though.

There are some Norwegian k98k rifles in 7.62nato, but those are extremely hard to find. Ishapore 7.62 rifles are weird as there are two types. One was a rechambered .303 rifle design that is super shitty and the other is an actual purpose built one. I think (iirc) the purpose built ones were for British troops and the rechambered ones were for the Indian troops. Regardless, the brits left pretty much all of the behind in India when they left.

Also, I kinda have a stiffy for jungle carbines. But not original ones (at least the early ones anyways). Been trying like hard to find a replica jungle in .303 without the lightning cuts.
>>
>>34452250
From what I understand the ishapore 2a1 was NOT re-chambered but purpose built for 7.62 Nato. They were used by Indian troops not British, by that time in the 60s British troops already had the L1A1. The 7.62 2a1 was made because India did not have enough fn fals for their troops
>>
>>34452250
anon said NOT super sturdy.
>>
>>34452027
I have not heard horrible things about any of the guns safety wise. As long as you use 7.62 spec, ammo you should be safe.

The real issue is some of the guns saw heavy use, with little maintenance. Isreali K98s are known for having heavily worn bores since the IDF used them heavily for training purposes. Same with the Spanish guns. If buying in person, make sure to check the bore for the usual wear and rings. Another odd thing, is a lot of South American Mausers have a very sharp combs on the stocks and can be a little unpleasant to shoot.
>>
>>34452680
Norwegian k98k's in 7.62 should have really great bores as they were in the process of converting they're 30-06 k98k's to 7.62nato when they said fuck it and sold all the rifles and replaced them with G3's.
>>
Anyone hear anything about the MAS 36 rifles that were rechambered?
>>
File: fr8.jpg (143KB, 456x570px) Image search: [Google]
fr8.jpg
143KB, 456x570px
>>34451940
Oh how I love google sometimes.
>>
>>34451898
The Israelis had a bunch of K98k Mauser rifles that they bought, were given and had appropriated from the Germans, as they were a young nation who weren't popular (or making themselves popular), they wanted to standardize their hodgepodge gatherings in their armories, so all these Mausers they would have rebarreled for 7.62x51mm NATO for commonality. They also scrubbed all the Nazi markings and stamped the Star Of David on them, as well as a few other things.

>>34452788
Didn't Century do a spectacularly shitty job rechambering some French rifles to .308?
>>
>>34453194
Don't know. Don't think it was century. Or at least just them that did it.
>>
File: IMG_9848.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9848.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
>>34453194
>>34453225
You're thinking of Century's Mas 49 conversions
>>
>>34451898
>>34452128
>>34452250
>>34452287
>>34452680
>>34453194

I own both a FR8 and a K98 IDF and this is fuddlore to the fullest....

FR8 mare built on german K98 large ring mausers and have straight bolt, thay where built for 8x57 is at first
FR7 mausers are nearly identical apart from the bent bolt and built on SMALL ring mausers that where built for 7x57
thoses can blow up and will need nato spec of CETME spec x51

FR8 and K98 IDF sold on the EU market are proofed with 308 ie +20to +30 max charge 308...
and they don't blow up...

FR7's on the other hand.... they blow up!

I shoot 175gr no problem in both, FR8 groups with 150gr only tho,

>308 enfields
ISHAPORE are known not to handle anything past 168gr too well

Parker Hale 308 from the 80 are way sturdier...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.