[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GLORIOUS PEOPLES REPUBLIC JET FIGHTER DISCUSSION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: AnActualJ-10.png (1MB, 1195x569px) Image search: [Google]
AnActualJ-10.png
1MB, 1195x569px
So what's the general opinion outside of the People's Republic on Chinese produced jet fighters? I know they're still rocking the Mig-21 ripoffs but some of their more modern fighters look to be at least on par with the Typhoon and they'll only get better with time.

I'm not saying that Chengdu or Shenyang or some other thing will out-do Lockheed any time soon but I'm curious as to how they are actually perceived.

Pictured: A Chengdu J-10 because you're worth it fuckers.
>>
>>34451590
J10C is better than the Youropoorfighter Failphoon. Fact!
>>
Still uses shit tier 1960s designed engines.
>>
>>34451590
some rather good designs the warrant respect. But ultimately a force relying on older aircraft to carry out the bulk of their missions.
>>
Looks like F-16, sad!
>>
>>34451590
Looks like Lavi, desu
>>
>>34451590
the modern J-8 has a nice asthetic.

JH-7 is a close follow up.

Still waiting for thet J-18 STVOL and Anjian
>>
Everything they make that isn't a direct clone of a Soviet design is garbage compared to the plane it rips off.
>>
>>34451590

Verifying anything the Chinese government claims about their military hardware is impossible because of the opacity of falsifiable information, and lack of customers for top end hardware which might force publication of real information.

>>34451637

If this was truly the case, why isn't China attempting to compete on exports with this design? One of the major hurdles the Eurofighter has on exports is its cost, if CHina has managed to make something better at a fraction of the cost, these should be selling by the thousand. The only claim I'm aware of along these lines was an incompetent public sales pitch to broke-as-fuck Argentina.
>>
>>34452076
J-10C is prob too expensive compared to their JF-17, and their about to start selling the J-31 at some point too, so why bother
>>
J-10C being armed with YJ91 supersonic missiles
>>
File: 136385832_14981027810891n.jpg (52KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
136385832_14981027810891n.jpg
52KB, 900x600px
>>34452076
There's plenty of info on chinese military on chinese internet if you can read chinese. While chink government are pretty opaque about its capability, there are plenty of discussions about it and chink military equipment spotters are just as active in plane/ship/tank spotting as the rest of the world

There are plenty of CGs and photoshops tho so use your head a bit to filter shit.

As for the J-10, the ones posted by the OP is pretty dated since the new variants had redesigned air intakes and some other changes made on the fuselage
>>
>>34452682
>There's plenty of info on chinese military on chinese internet if you can read chinese.

Uhhh, no.

All you get is memes and conjecture, with "leaks" being nothing more than state propaganda (because it would not be there if it was not).

Its akin to going to a kind of Chinese 4chan or information, but the mods are apart of the Chinese government and will not only ban things they dont like, they will ban you in real life too.
>>
>>34452703
What are you talking about? There's plenty of info about chinese military. You just can't read chinese

Things are opaque in the military because they are supposed to be opaque
>>
File: DD8rvf2V0AAB_D2.jpg (53KB, 680x436px) Image search: [Google]
DD8rvf2V0AAB_D2.jpg
53KB, 680x436px
>>34452668
Forgot pic.
>>
>>34452775
>>34452775
>What are you talking about?

The reality of the Chinese internet.

>There's plenty of info about chinese military.

Public info from the government? No. You will get three things. Companies that make military shit trying to sell their stuff and use it as grass roots advertising, Chinese colleges putting out papers, and military watchers.

All 3 are moderated by the Chinese government, and the government themselves dont put out anything, and will at best tell news outlets (run by the government) basic info of their equipment. You will never get a DOT&E esque report.

>You just can't read chinese

Wrong.

>Things are opaque in the military because they are supposed to be opaque

This is my entire point. Memes and conjecture are allowed to run rampet, actual facts are absent until the military allows it to be put out.

Very recent example. The VLS count of the 055.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.