[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in mostly no-gun country. Why should I or why should I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: shotgun.jpg (53KB, 1200x546px) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
53KB, 1200x546px
I live in mostly no-gun country. Why should I or why should I not carry a knife for self defense?
>>
>why shouldn't I
If you have something better
>why should I
carrying nothing is choosing to be pig for the slaughter
>>
write to your overlords asking for gun rights.
otherwise u might as well carry a black dildo to fuck urself in the ass as soon as youre in trouble
>>
>>34451435
If it is legal, it's better than having nothing.
>>
>>34451435
>Why should I or why should I not carry a knife for self defense?
What are laws about carrying knifes, brass knuckles, pepper spray in your country?
>>
>>34451435
You shouldn't, because there are no winners in a knife fight. Carry an oc spray or something with reach, like a baton, if you can't get a gun.
>>
A knife is a lil risky cause if some nigga just wants to hurt you a bit then pulling a knife on him could get you into trouble for escalating a situation to deadly force, deliberately or not. Of course, you'll probably be fine if the situation was already at lethal force level and you/your lawyer can articulate that.
Just something to think about
>>
>>34453930
The same is often true with a firearm, though.
>>
>>34453951
Oh yeah absolutely. Problem is, it's a bit less intuitive with a knife - a gun is very clearly very lethal and very clearly a big step up from a brawl. A knife isn't quite as big a step up, since the situation in which one would use it is still brawl-like.
It seems obvious to say, but sometimes people don't realise it. I suppose it's a bit like how some people don't realise that claiming self defence means they've just admitted to committing a normally illegal act and must now justify their actions
>>
>>34453930
>>34454006
>Just wants to hurt you a bit-escalating a situation to deadly force
Fuck I hate this shit, even more so since im in Canukistan and can't really defend myself in the streets. I've had motherfuckers try and kill me with their hands, and my brain is right fucked from being rattled around so much last time I was punched in the face I was out for like 3 minutes and I don't remember shit for like 30 minutes after that. If I had it my way anyone who's gonna put hands on you, you can put holes in them, I don't want to wind up with brain damage because some troglodyte can't use his fucking words.
>>
>>34454067
It's also tacit acceptance of goons running shakedown scams.
>>
>>34452599
There are EVEN FEWER WINNERS in a knife ATTACK.
>>
>>34454147
Seriously, bitch ass society these downs wants use to just bend over for that shit, Fuck that, this criminal has already threatened my life for my wallet how the fuck am I supposed to trust that he won't do anything after I give it up? He's broken the first rule of society. Put the fucker down.
>>
>>34451435
>no-gun country
Most likely whatever pansy place is like that already has laws in place preventing you from defending yourself anyway.
>>
File: noif.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
noif.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>34452599
>there are no winners in a knife fight
t. knife fight loser
>>
>>34455869
Sure, but your best option is to turn a knife fight into something else. Use something with reach or spray oc and hope it works in time.
>>
One of those long maglites that use 5 or 6 d cell batteries.

Aluminum cane, filled with sand or lead shot.

The secret is to use things that are not purposely designed to be weapons.
>>
>>34458891
If you live in a no gun country, tazers and spray are probably illegal to carry too.
>>
File: WORMFOOD.png (402KB, 680x843px) Image search: [Google]
WORMFOOD.png
402KB, 680x843px
>>34458906
>Aluminum cane, filled with sand or lead shot.

Good luck explaining that to the police and/or the court if you live in a cuck country
>>
>>34458384
The only winner in a knife fight is a the guy with a gun.
>>
>>34459471
t. 7 yard rule
>>
>>34451435
If you happen to pull a knife on someone who knows how to fight he could very well take your knife and stab you with it.
>reasons not to use a knife for self defense
>>
>>34459508
>If you happen to pull a knife on someone who knows how to fight he could very well take your knife and stab you with it.

>If you happen to pull a gun on someone who knows how to fight he could very well take your gun and shoot you with it.
>If you happen to pull a baton on someone who knows how to fight he could very well take your baton and beat you with it.
>If you happen to pull a dragon dildo on someone who knows how to fight he could very well take your dragon dildo and rape you with it.
>>
>>34459525
Except a dildo and baton isnt lethal. And usually you shoot people from a distance. Your vulnerable when you dont distance yourself. Or is that not how fighting works?....
>>
File: 1498175278423.jpg (53KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498175278423.jpg
53KB, 540x960px
>>34459525
>>
>>34451435
Because CCing a cat is much more efficient.
>if attacked throw fluffy ball of claws at teeth at attackers face
>if not attacked, have personal heat generator that purrs softly
>>
Anyone know where I can get a good strong extendable baton for relatively cheap

Anythings better than nothing
>>
>>34459544
>Except a dildo and baton isnt lethal

derp what?
>>
File: batontraumachart.jpg (404KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
batontraumachart.jpg
404KB, 1500x2000px
>>34459544
>>
>>34459508
If you happen to pull nothing on someone with a knife he might stab you with it
>>
File: dildotraumachart.jpg (26KB, 220x319px) Image search: [Google]
dildotraumachart.jpg
26KB, 220x319px
>>34459544
>>
>>34459544
google the following things:

>dragon dildo thor
>mr hands
>>
>>34459444
You got that sand in there, you can get it out again too. Unscrew, dump contents in a brush, screw shut, and you got a normal-weight cane that nobody will ask too many questions about.
>>
>>34451435
A lot of it comes down to local laws, bud.

Although even if you could carry some exploding Austrian tupperware, I'd still say carry a knife. It's just a handy tool, the fact that it could be used in a self-defense scenario is just a bonus.
>>
>>34459586
also interested
what's a good size for a baton
>>
>>34459586
>>34459754
Depends on where you are, they may be sold in tobacco shops even. Or Amazon delivers.

As a rule of thumb, you can go with "steel is stronger than bone" and just grab what you feel comfortable carrying and concealing. Local laws may apply.

A 20$ made-in-china marketed by Umarex will hit no softer than an expensive brand, just keep it clean.

The size question can also be answered with "whatever you're comfortable with." I personally use a 21"/53cm one as a 6' guy. Almost half of the length is in the handle piece (9"/22cm in my case) so that will probably be your limiting factor for carry.
>>
You should always carry a knife and I recommend a multi-tool too. They're useful to have.
>>
>>34459628
>>34459650
When does school start
>>
>>34459754
>what's a good size for a baton
About the length of your elbow to your fingertips is a good choice. Can be concealed easily enough, but still pretty handy.
>>
>>34451435
I always find it really bizarre that people come on here and post threads asking people to tell them how to respect/save their own life. Either do it or don't. Who gives a shit whether you do or not other than you?
Want to feel marginally safer? Are you not a vaginal-hole who can handle himself in a scuffle with a deadly weapon? You realize brandishing a knife means it's going to be a battle to the death. You're taking your life into your hands that you can definitely beat whoever the would-be-assailant is. If you take it out to be a badass and they are more capable than you, you're going to be the one getting buried not them.
Anyways. Do you. Nobody gives a shit whether or not you arm yourself.
>>
Living in a nogunz country is no excuse to not carry. If criminals do it, and you vallue your and your family's life and integristy, find something to carry.
I live in a noguns cuntry and found myself some very old guns to carry. A C96 and two clips of ammo for home defense, a mauser rifle for SHTF, a 1873 winchester for hunting and a small .25 cal for carry. All of them too old to be registered in any list before the ban went in place.
>>
>>34461291
you probably shouldn't be saying that here m8.
>>
>>34451435
learn how to defend yourself with hands, accept that you'll probably get hurt but also probably wont die
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.