[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remington RP9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

What does /k/ think of this handgun?
>>
"Why"
>>
>>34449869

Remington is literally crapping out one turd after another
>>
>>34449880
I find it kind of funny how the magazines are too big for the 9mm model
>>
>>34449869
>nu-mington
never ever
>>
Put a couple-three hundred rounds through one not very long ago.

Honestly? I kinda liked it. Super soft shooter. Trigger has a rolling break, (reminded me of the Taran connector in my Glocks), which I liked. Just kind of screwing around I found it really easy to shoot for groups at 10 yards. I'm not a great shot with striker triggers and I was reliably getting 3" CTC or a bit better just playing around. No failures (small sample size).

This was before the MAC hoopla, so I didn't check the left-handed slide stop or whatever. I'm right-handed, all the right-handed controls work fine.

Experienced no mag-related problems like others have reported but they're clearly just a take on Para 9mm / .38 Super mags. I wouldn't be very surprised at all if they work unmodified in Para-format doublestacks.

It IS absolutely huge, though. Like, Beretta 92 huge.
>>
>>34449869

some reviews criticized it heavily

apparently it has to be specifically oiled a certain amount, too little, too much = jam o matic, so it has to be frequently cleaned, ie, remember orig m16 ?

some other problems i can't remember
>>
>>34449869
Gigantic for a 9mm so they could have a single frame for 9mm and 45 models to keep production costs low.

Shot one a few weeks ago. Shoots well. My biggest issue was how steep of a feed ramp the rounds have to climb to chamber. Makes me wonder if anything besides ball ammo will cycle well.

Ugly gun.

For guys with gigantic hands (I'm 6'4" and have pretty big hands and even I thought it was big) I could see it making sense.

Remington really had a chance to redeem themselves, but ever since they've been run by the accountants of a PE firm, they missed the mark.
>>
Remington is pretty much bottom of the barrel right now as far as reliability and quality go. Stay far far away from them
>>
The market is so saturated with polymer framed striker fired service pistols Im not even sure what market they're expecting this to have.

It's extremely doubtful any military entity would pick these up, LEO are going to buy Glocks or M&Ps, and the general public have a smorgasbord of XD's, P-99's, VP-9's, etc.

I'm honestly struggling to think of a demographic that would buy these. Die hard Remington fanboys? People who expect it to have a super short production run, and henceforth become collectors items?

I don't get it.
>>
Someone just posted a video of one that had the slide trapped on frame from the factory so he had to send it back the day he bought it. On the plus side with rebates you can get one for $250 right now. Remington has finally become Taurus tier with the only exception of their overpriced versamax shotguns and a functional 1911.
>>
>>34449869
Hmm it's a gun made by a company under the boot of a horrible investment firm that runs name brands into the ground known for making overpriced shitty Khyber pass tier facsimiles of gun designs that have gotten people killed in recent years (887 safety glitch).
They buy good companies and move assembly to a plant with horrible working conditions, workers that are underpaid and not formally trained on how to do their jobs at all.
Then this company just shat out another "new" design, which is just another Glock clone only this time with a Hi-Point size slide for some reason. The famously biased gun rag journalists and YouTube shills have even turned their noses up at it.
In fact so disastrous was thus launch that these turds are already seeping out of secondary distributors for ~250 now. For a gun that should be ~400-500.

I've never handled or shot one because California handgun roster. But all of these warning signs tell me that it's probably just a shit tier gun overall. If the $250 blowout price is attractive, a Hi-Point C9 is $~150 or even less any day of the week and mine works perfectly. It's also backed by an actual warranty.
>>
>>34449869
Am I the only one who find the RP9 actually pretty attractive. Reminds me almost of a P30L.
>>
>>34449878
This.

>>34452856
And this.

I don't trust Tarus and I don't trust Remington.
>>
File: gif-effect-3d-49.gif (954KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gif-effect-3d-49.gif
954KB, 500x281px
>>34449869
Does it shoot 12 gauge
>>
File: rp9.png (41KB, 1105x726px) Image search: [Google]
rp9.png
41KB, 1105x726px
>>34449869
Can't wait to get mine. It's going to be great.
>>
>>34449869

OK, the Walther PPQ was cool. So was the HK P30 and the VP9. OK, yea, Beretta, go ahead and release the APX, you deserve to have a shot. Alrighty, Canik, that's a good price point and people like your trigger. Oh, Ruger, you want to release the same gun AND give it the exact name of one of your rifles? Free country.

But Remington? Remington wants to release the same gun? Who is left to buy this? They are regarded significantly lower than Turkish gun manufacturers in the actual gun community. Honestly, who is in charge there, a series of commitees?
>>
>>34449869
>Remington

Nope. Not after the R51 debacle
>>
>>34454804
Where you get your weed, guy?
>>
>>34449869
It will flop since Remington is a Fudd brand and Fudds don't like plastic guns. Remington even makes their old fudd favorites such as the 700 out of plastic and Fudds ignore that shit. One day the Fudds will die out and so will remington.
>>
File: jew disco.jpg (411KB, 969x581px) Image search: [Google]
jew disco.jpg
411KB, 969x581px
>"There is no QC bottom that people buying the Remington name won't tolerate! Turn the substandard white-trash bait machine to 11!!" --Cerberus Capital Management CEO, Managing Directors, and Charimen.
>>
>>34449880
The 1911 R1s are pretty decent.

$400 for the base model after mail in rebate, puts it in the same price bracket as the Flip 1911s, but surprisingly better fit.
The black oxide finish is garbage though.
>>
File: Mallet.jpg (15KB, 480x363px) Image search: [Google]
Mallet.jpg
15KB, 480x363px
>>34449869
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.