[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scout Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: scout rifle.jpg (66KB, 684x384px) Image search: [Google]
scout rifle.jpg
66KB, 684x384px
Been looking into the scout rifle concept, /k/. Seems like a good idea; is there one on the market which stands out above the others? I'm liking the Savage and the Ruger, personally.

On the other hand, are there any milsurps or cheaper shit on the market which would work better as an all-purpose rifle?

What do you think of the scout rifle concept in general? I'm not super experienced with rifles, do mostly grouse hunting right now. I do find the idea of one well-built, lightweight versatile rifle appealing though.
>>
>>34449350
Steyr
>>
>>34449397
Yeah, I'm not ready to drop 2 grand on a rifle so people think I'm some fag who plays CS:GO at the range.
>>
The scout rifle was a good idea in the 80s and 90s when Cooper came up with it. Technology has passed it by. Get an AR-10 with a 16" barrel and a red dot optic. That's the modern scout rifle.
>>
>>34449350
Technically the perfect scout rifle has not been invented yet. The steyr whileclose dose not accept stripper clips.
>>
>>34449350
Definitely the Savage, OP
>>
>>34449408
was the scout rifle in CS:GO? I dont play it and want a scout, but didnt know they had a video game stigma.
>>
>>34449350
Considering using an ishipore in synthetic stock for making a scout rifle. Does the lee enfield/ishapore have a magazine disconnect?
>>
>>34449471
Too heavy, not stripper clip fed, and can't be carried by one hand grip on receiver/handguard
>modern scout rifle
You do realize that the ar10 is from the 60s right?
>>
>>34449471
Semiauto is a necessary feature in a combat rifle, but not really in other types of rifles designed for other purposes. The "scout rifle" concept is a survival rifle, not a combat rifle, and they aren't the same thing. Semiauto is not a necessary feature in one, and in fact may be a drawback due to its added complexity, which is unnecessary for a rifle designed for its purpose.
>>
>>34449536
Not with short barrel configurations and not with red dot sights or scopes that fit the scout criteria. That's the technological difference between then and now. A DPMS G2 Recon is only two inches longer and two pounds heavier than a Steyr Scout and has twenty rounds of .308 on the rifle. You can find them lighter and smaller, too.
>>
>>34449477
>was the scout rifle in CS:GO?

Nah. It was in 1.6 and Source but in GO they changed it to the SSG 08. Most people who played Source and/or 1.6 still call it the scout.
>>
>>34449606
Two pounds is a big fucking difference. Keep in mind though that the forward scope on a proper scout lets you grip it at the center of mass and load stripper clips, something vital in cutting down on weight. If the ar10 could do these I'd conceded but it can't.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.