[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single vs Double Stack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: the difference 4 rounds makes.png (1MB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the difference 4 rounds makes.png
1MB, 2048x1024px
I'm looking at subcompacts because I'm too short and skinny to fit anything else on my hip. Does anyone have any pictures that could be used to compare the bulge of a double stack vs a single stack?
>>
File: Glock-19-next-to-Glock-26.jpg (23KB, 575x236px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-19-next-to-Glock-26.jpg
23KB, 575x236px
Firstly don't wear skinny jeans, then join a gym. Eat a shit ton of food and become gym rat. Stfu with your "but I can't carry dat big" bullshit. Glock or go home you worthless cunt.
>>
File: 1109-hillary-duff-coleman-6.jpg (74KB, 718x670px) Image search: [Google]
1109-hillary-duff-coleman-6.jpg
74KB, 718x670px
>>34447259
G26 masterrace.
>>
Secondly maybe you should hit yourself in the face with something made of glass. There is this thing called google that you ask "why am I such a dumb cunt?" and "Glock 43 vs Glock 26" where it will literally show you a god damn picture. If that's too difficult perhaps ride a bus down to your local sporting good store where apologize to the man behind the counter for being such a retarded piece of fucking shit but can you look at their subcompact for faggots.
>>
File: 1477075906576.jpg (29KB, 460x356px) Image search: [Google]
1477075906576.jpg
29KB, 460x356px
>>34447093
>>
>>34447259
I usually wear cargo pants and a t-shirt, I'm 5'4" and weigh 125 lb. My work uniform is business casual, however, so I need something I can tuck a shirt over without the butt of a gun hanging off the back of my ribcage.

>>34447287
M8 I want to see how the bulges look. I've looked at the pictures of various subcompacts for the past two days because I just moved to a new town and had nothing better to do with my time off.
>>
Or finally go post another stupid fucking thread like majority of /k/ threads where OP couldn't be bothered by actually researching the god damn topic first but rather deliver stupid fucking streamofconsciousness questions to a peanut gallery of hateful trustfund children on summer break who are all trying to be edgy and jerk off to pictures of the first lady and I'm talking about the previous administration. Affirmative action bitch
>>
File: Aint a lack of research here m8.png (19KB, 704x230px) Image search: [Google]
Aint a lack of research here m8.png
19KB, 704x230px
>>34447338
>>
File: dce07c5b.jpg (36KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
dce07c5b.jpg
36KB, 600x800px
G26/shield
>>
>>34447406
Does the G26 print that much more than the shield?
>>
>>34447259
STFU with your stupid fucking advice. You don't need a full sized pistol to carry.

OP, single stacks are significantly easier to carry. I carry the Glock 43 now after carrying all the double stack 9mm Glocks.
>>
>>34447428
you'll come to realize that printing comes more from the grip of your handgun sticking out, than your concealed carry weapon actually bulging out to the side.

You can conceal anything with the right wardrobe, anon. I carry a G43 and a G23 both in the summer time. But if I'm just wearing a T-shirt, usually I'll just go with my 43.

Lastly, nobody really notices "printing". People are often too worried about looking at their phones than examining others for firearms. If some soccermom asks, just say its your colostomy bag and walk away.
>>
>>34447428
I think the primary concern between single stack and double stack is the comfort

you can reasonably get away with a double stack with the right holster, it's just a matter of comfort

with your business casual you should be focused on grip length and not pant bulge. your holster will distribute that so it's not really noticeable.
>>
>>34447282
Dat trigger discipline on the Glock box
>>
>>34446601
>>34447093

What the fuck is this new spam?
>>
>>34447480
Any single subcompact is going to be more comfortable to carry than a commander sized all-steel 1911 with an enlarged beavertail grip safety. I really like the way it digs into my ribs.

>>34447502
You should either ignore it or duplicate it into oblivion like hunter-meme-one.
>>
I carried a g19 for a year or so. But when I decided I was going to start carrying everywhere, I decided that I needed something more easily concealed, particularly in warm weather. I went and held a bunch of single stack subcompacts, and settled on the g43 for various reasons. My personal choice of g43 isn't relevant though. All of the single stacks seemed like a cellphone compared to the brick I'd been carrying around.

Many people say the g26 or similarly sized double stacks are better than the single stacks, but there's no beating the thin profile of the single stacks. I dress somewhat fashionably - as in I don't wear baggy cargo shit or look like I brew beer for a living. I'm thin, and my clothes match my frame - fitted and fashionable.

There's no way I could get away with a g26 as easily as I do my g43. I'm carrying it on the train, to work, to the store, etc, and I need high mobility without worrying about printing. Plus I need to sit.

If I printed as I entered the office, or it was visible in any way, I could get fired for carrying to my office. And for that reason, I chose the smallest 9mm I could get.

I don't like the idea of only having 6+1 rounds, so I pocket an extra magazine when I'm out and about. So far, I'm very happy with my choice, and it shoots quite nice for such a small pistol.
>>
File: IMG_1473.jpg (57KB, 698x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1473.jpg
57KB, 698x585px
>>34447069
It's more about comfort than printing, the single stack is lighter and pulls on your belt less, it's just more comfy.
>pic unrelated
>>
>>34447714
>If I printed as I entered the office, or it was visible in any way, I could get fired for carrying to my office. And for that reason, I chose the smallest 9mm I could get.

The P938's smaller than the 43.

Better trigger too.
>>
>>34447754

>Buying current Sig-Sauer

Nah
>>
>>34447754
Yes, actually, I was down to the g43 and the p938 before I decided on the g43. The p938 is a beautiful little gun, but I decided I'd like to stick with the single-action-no-safety style. I know it's silly, but I live in a shitty area, and I really worried about missing the safety if I really needed it.

I'm sure I could have trained with it and gotten the safety disengage into my draw motion. But I decided to let practicality win the day, and even though the p938 is sexy as hell to me, I went for the boring old glock. I still second-guess that decision from time to time. But I think I'll get a sig full size pistol for range fun, instead of edc.
>>
File: IMG_0783.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34447796
>10 yards standing
I hate SIG as much as the next guy but..,
>>
File: gunparison-all.png (3MB, 773x5031px) Image search: [Google]
gunparison-all.png
3MB, 773x5031px
>>34447714
>I could get fired for carrying to my office
I can actually get into legal trouble for carrying at the office, and even having the gun in my car in their parking lot. The second bit changes come September thanks to an act signed this March. I'm not going to enter the building armed, but I still want to have the gun in my car once the letter of the law is behind me.

I basically have a trapezoidal silhouette (no hips at all), but some blousing on the shirt would help make sure the cloth hangs straight from my armpit and covers every part of the gun that actually touches me. I have a relatively short torso, and I'm used to wearing my pants above my pelvis anyway. I'm just trying to determine what I can get away with without buying the gun and carrying it for a couple months.

>>34448300
Yeah, but I don't want to reduce my capacity from what little I already have.
>>
>>34447069
Just get a 1.5 stack, best of both worlds.
>>
File: 1282709538920.png (11KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1282709538920.png
11KB, 429x410px
>>34447338
Go outside.
>>
>>34448335
Well, I wouldn't personally buy a sig today that wasn't a "scorpion" upgrade which makes their already over priced guns even more expensive but at least you're getting a decent product.
>>
>>34447069
The best thing to do is to go to a gun shop and see for yourself which one fits in your mouth better
>>
>>34447714
Hi Colion. You're slacking on videos.
>>
>>34448362
>>
File: 1492176255933.jpg (150KB, 1029x774px) Image search: [Google]
1492176255933.jpg
150KB, 1029x774px
>>34447069
>Does anyone have any pictures that could be used to compare the bulge of a double stack vs a single stack?

I hope you will actually read my post. I will be using the M&P Shield (left) and the M&P9c (right) as two comparisons. They're essentially the same pistols but the M&P9c is a double stack with the thickness being virtually the only noticeable difference, dimension wise.

The difference between a single stack and double stack is really negligible in terms of how they conceal. What it all boils down to is belt and holster selection, the whole package and how much you want to commit to dressing around the gun. Take into account what you wear in your everyday life. If you're in shorts and a t shirt all the time because it's always super hot where you live, you may find that you will go for your M&P Shield over your M&P9c you have to dress around every day then the Shield will be what you want to carry.

The caveat to this is that the Shield will be noticeably more difficult to effective shoot, reload and in general utilize under stress. I think people take comfort waaaaaay too seriously to the point where they do not even consider or don't care about how less shootable a gun is. If I found my Shield (which I don't but don't carry anyways) to be incredibly unpleasant to shoot to the point where it feels like a chore to do and the M&P9c being much more enjoyable to shoot and easier to use, I will go the extra mile to find that proper setup that will let me effectively conceal it with comfort even if it means I have to do something like wear a polo or casual shirt.
>>
>>34448742
cont;

Now let's say where you live, wearing jackets and multiple layers of clothing is common due to the cold, a larger firearm will be CONSIDERABLY easier to conceal to the point where you're really doing yourself a diservice in terms of carrying a Shield over an M&P9c. Also wearing gloves is something to think about. I live in Miami so I don't really have use for jackets or anything but I still conceal a Glock 19 in a VDEVGRU Seraph AIWB. I always wear a shirt and long pants, I have learned to deal with the heat and it doesn't bother me too much.

I would STRONGLY, very STRONGLY recommend reading the book "Fighting Smarter" by Tom Givens if you are genuinely interested in this matter. It will explain and give lots of good information pertaining to violent self defense encounters, giving you an idea on what you need and don't need in a carry gun. It also goes over holster selection, gun selection, better than any person here can do honestly, including me.
>>
>>34448756
First, thanks for the book recommendation. I'll probably read it. I've read "The Law of Self Defense," but that's the other half of the issue.

I'm stuck with a work dress code of business casual, which to my understanding requires a tucked shirt. I'm also legally stuck with putting the gun on in the car after work since any readable "no guns" sign at a parking lot entrance carries force of law in this state, so maybe IWB tucked isn't the way to go. Any subcompact will open up some new possibilities with modes of carry that I did not have before. Granted, if I built up some pecs, I could probably AIWB easier. I'd still be a manlet, and a full size grip would still look like I have appendicitis.

As for dressing around the gun, I have every incentive in the world to not be visibly armed in the office. I'm new, I'm from out of state, and the company policy is compounded with the threat of a misdemeanor charge (on first offense, as far as I can tell) that I don't want to be a test case for. The subcompact gun is for fitting to my body, the clothes will be for fitting to the subcompact gun. On that note, I've only seen one person in the office that wears a sport coat. I'm also not about to ask him if he carries, mainly because he's at least two levels above me on the org chart and that kind of question would be very inappropriate.

Hardware wise, I'm fine with 7 rounds so long as the gun can handle 147gr 9mm defensive loads and deliver them at a speed that gives reliable expansion. I'd just prefer a gun that isn't too much of a chore to practice with, and as you said the double stack 9s seem to be preferable in that regard.

>Somebody is going to tell me that a misdemeanor is worth it, and I'll respond that I'm not financially established enough for that kind of crap. I'll be saving up to buy whatever I decide on.
>>
>>34449099
>First, thanks for the book recommendation. I'll probably read it. I've read "The Law of Self Defense," but that's the other half of the issue.

You're welcome. The one by Andrew F. Branca? I got that book in the mail the other week!

As for your buisiness casual and force of law problem, I'm not going to tell you to violate a law as that is a risk analysis that is purely up to you.

If you ever do decide on carrying at that place, look into a J-Frame or a subcompact 9mm like a Kahr PM9 and try a smart carry, I've heard it works really well for those cases but I have never tried it. Again, this is purely a risk analysis type of thing. If I were to work someplace that did not allow firearms, I would consider less than lethal like knives (if permitted and with proper training) or more importantly, knowing your exits and having trauma medical training and the supples for it. Perhaps getting to know some of the people at work and discussing a plan for a rapid mass shooter may be to your advantage.
>>
>>34449099
>Hardware wise, I'm fine with 7 rounds so long as the gun can handle 147gr 9mm defensive loads and deliver them at a speed that gives reliable expansion. I'd just prefer a gun that isn't too much of a chore to practice with, and as you said the double stack 9s seem to be preferable in that regard.

In the book I suggested, Tom goes into detail of the statistics of shootings that his students were in with roughly 60 of them being involved in defensive use of a firearm (all of them wins save for 3 'forfeits'), iirc, the average distance of the gunfights were 2 car lengths that translate to approximately 10 yards and none of them having to reload in the middle of the fight. All these datapoints will help give you a good idea on what gun you may want to carry or not while analyzing whether or not you want to get a single stack like a G43 or a G26 or G19.

I'm considering on getting a G26 to carry for most of the time, replacing my G19 but I have to get around to renting one and putting it through some drills I typically do at the range and seeing how I score compared to my G19. If the drop in performance is negligible, I may look into getting a G26. I have small spider monkey hands so I can get a full firing grip on a Glock 26 and M&P Shield without any sort of pinky extension or baseplate.

I found this article to be really interesting, adressing the exact question I am currently asking myself. Hopefully, you can find it informative as well.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=16827#more-16827
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.