[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Medic WWII.jpg (708KB, 1800x1438px) Image search: [Google]
Medic WWII.jpg
708KB, 1800x1438px
Would you kill a chaplain/priest or a medic of an enemy? Or would you consider that a war crime?
>>
>summer
>>
>>34446496
nah
>>
File: Aztec Its Not Perfect.jpg (70KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
Aztec Its Not Perfect.jpg
70KB, 479x640px
>>34446496

What religion are we talking here?
>>
Are they shooting at me?
>>
>>34446507
I'm primarily thinking Christian, AKA a Catholic, Protestant, or Orthodox Priest, but what about those of a different faith?
>>
>>34446496
No, they help our side too.
>>
>>34446522
probably not since ennemy medics can also heal our guys.
But I suspect a muslim medic would like to slit my throat and a jew would try to perform a circumcision on me and make me pay for it.
So, well...
>>
dedicated medics aren't a thing anymore. unless you're at a field hospital they are going to have a gun and they will be actively participating in trying to kill you. aren't chaplains non-combat tho? why would they even be in a fight
>>
It literally is a war crime to kill someone wearing the Red Cross or Red Crescent
>>
>>34446496
Only if they have a weapon.
>>
>>34446496
no, only imams, muftis, and rabbis
>>
File: Don't_jay_walk_1937.jpg (168KB, 800x966px) Image search: [Google]
Don't_jay_walk_1937.jpg
168KB, 800x966px
>>34446679
kek
it's literally a crime to jaywalk, but guess what, people still do.
>>
>>34446550
This.
>>
It depends

If they're not white, I'd shoot them regardless. If they're white, not carrying a weapon, and are genuinely caring for the well being of their men either through medical aid or religious stuff (only if they're Christian) then no. If they're white and caring for the well being of their men but not Christian and/or carrying a weapon then they're heathens and/or combatants and I'd still shoot them.
>>
>>34446496
Our medics treated those enemy Arabs after combat, but not vice versa.
So......
>>
File: fargo.webm (1MB, 1100x720px) Image search: [Google]
fargo.webm
1MB, 1100x720px
>>34446496
>HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!
>>
>>34446496
rarely would you encounter a chaplain on the frontlines and unless someone corrects me no militaries have dudes in bright white with red crosses denoting medic so its kinda a non issue
>>
>>34446496
As a medic I'd kill the shit out of an enemy hostile health care provider. Fuck 'em. That cross isn't a get out of jail free card.
>>
>>34446929
Only equipment has the cross. Your typical 68W or 17D is never going to distinguish themselves from the rest of the group, unless you count the bag. As far as I see it everyone caring a weapon is fair game.
>>
>>34447023
*18D using a phone and I'm too stupid to proof read typos
>>
Depends on enemy faction.

t. Medic
>>
>>34446496
An imam? If he's anti american!

Other than that no.
>>
>>34446760
>would you consider it a war crime
>lol people do crimes so it doesn't matter
Still a war crime.
>>
>>34446496
only if they're muslim middle eastern
>>
File: 1499131508900.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499131508900.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>34446809
The only correct answer.
>>
>>34446809
What about non-white Christians? Like Armenians or something?
>>
>>34446809
What about a Germanic Pagan? Are THEY heathens?
>>
>>34446496
if they are not being belligerent and aren't using/pointing weapons (or drop any weapons on them ASAP) and are not being used to prevent a legitimate military target from being targeted (no acting as a shield plz), then I would not kill a chaplain/priest/medic.

If they're involved in hostilities or using their protected status to shield people involved in hostilities, those protections evaporate.
>>
>>34446496
>Would you kill a chaplain/priest or a medic of an enemy?
Yes.

>Or would you consider that a war crime?
It's only a war crime if both sides agree that it is and obey the agreement.
Seeing as the person I killed is likely non-white and they actively violated the rules of warfare, it's definitely not a warcrime.
>>
If they carry weapon I would kill them.

We were taught to kill injured enemies when in battle.
>>
>>34447398
he said if they're not white he'd shoot them regardless. you can't read, nigger? (don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question)
>>
>>34447464
Yeah the revolutionary war was a backwards time. Did you enjoy your service as a red coat?
>>
>>34446496
I would do my best not to, if I ever needed a medic I hope someone on the other side would do the same.
>>
Former army medic here. If your fighting muslims or third worlders in general fuck 'em they would kill our medics in heart beat if they got their hands on us.

However, if we were at war with a civilized westernized power that would actually adhere to the Geneva conventions I would be willing to give up my M4 and put on markings clearly identifying me as a non-combatant.
>>
It's a war crime.
>>
>>34446496
It is a war crime, although I'm pretty sure if they are armed then it is no longer a crime afaik, although being not in the military if for some odd reason I found my self in combat I'd probably shoot the shit outta anyone who appears to be with the enemy, asymmetrical warfare is fun that way.
>>
>>34449460
>It is a war crime, although I'm pretty sure if they are armed then it is no longer a crime afaik
Medics are allowed to be armed under the geneva conventions, and it's still a war crime to shoot them unless they are actively participating in combat beyond the scope of self defense and defense of their charges, in which case they become a legitimate target and are the ones committing a war crime.

Every time /k/ opens its collective trap on the subject of war crimes and conventions (of which /k/only knows the 'Geneva' one even though there are several of those), you're in for some cringeworthy shit.
>>
>>34449339
Yeah, kill as many Muslim clerics as you want. They're the ones stirring up shit all the time.
>>
>>34446611
>a jew would try to perform a circumcision on me and make me pay for it.
Kek
So, well...
>>
>>34446679
>implying one would be able to see a subdued red cross on somebody's helmet or shoulder patch at typical firefight distances of between 100 and 400 meters
>implying you'd need to see anything other than a weapon in order to make your decision of pulling that trigger

If it was a guy treating the wounded/dragging a downed enemy back to their lines, I would not shoot. The moment he picks up a gun and looks like he may be about to use it, I would shoot.
>>
>>34446496

Depends on if they're
1.) white
2.) haven't done that shit to your side already
>>
>>34446496

Not if I can help it. If they start actively trying to kill me then yeah, but otherwise no.
>>
>>34447454
This isn't talking about recent military ventures, this is talking about in general
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.