[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern shooting community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 20091027-012_t479.jpg (99KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
20091027-012_t479.jpg
99KB, 479x359px
Does anyone else dislike the majority of the "shooting community"? It seems like most people I know that are into shooting just want to go to a range, pile up a bunch of garbage and watch it 'splode from buckshot or whatever. Or they only want to shoot within their comfort zone of 7 yards for handgun, considering on paper to be success. It's not that I expect everyone to be a master marksman or anything, but "shooters" seem to be quick to blame their gun rather than themselves, they accept their mediocre shooting as good enough, they have a million 0.0005 moa group stories but can never replicate it when anyone is around, they never actually evaluate their progress and make corrections, and they think they're hot shit while other people that are actually at or past their same level are trash.

I was at the range today and there was a guy shooting a 22 revolver, slow fire, off hand at 50 yards. He was getting some hits on a 3-4" swinger with open sights. The rest of his shots weren't off by much either. I thought that shit was impressive as fuck and let him know, meanwhile a group of guys who were trying to teach their sister how to shoot were talking in the background saying "That's not that hard, it has no kick!". Meanwhile they're shooting some full size 357 mag at <7 yards getting foot wide groupings, and they didn't fire a single shot at anything past that. You could tell they were feeling a bit emasculated because they mostly just shot "double taps" the rest of the time, mashing the trigger as fast as they could in the general direction of their target.

That's just a single story, but I feel is a good illustration of the mindset of the majority of shooters today. Am I alone in this thought? How can I break free of this? Join a good club? Only shoot competition?
>>
>>34444378
If you don't do competition, you should
>>
i just blow up trash because setting up real targets costs money and time

that's not to say i don't set up real targets, i just want to always be shooting at SOMETHING instead of just shooting
>>
>>34444378
Most of my friends aren't capable of shooting with iron sights. They burn ammo quickly and then blame the rapid fire for terrible groups. Most can't even shoot with scopes past 200 yards. They aren't comfortable building or smithing their own guns, they prefer to send it away for even basic repairs. Many don't clean their guns. Also, OP's pic related, they like to destroy random objects and then leave them to rot

Of course there are exceptions, but not a lot. We need more riflemen and more self reliant guys in general.
>>
>>34444391

I do currently, most of my other range time is practice for it. I honestly just feel bad for "casual" shooters that limit their progress with a shit mindset.
>>
Competition is a good environment to sharpen your skills, but don't fall for the IPSC meme, or as I like to call it the ImPractical Shooting Competition. Just use reasonable firearms to do reasonable things against the clock and others.
Of course if you want to fall into the IPSC sport you will still become a great shooter, just with overspecialized nonsense gimped by their rules.

>>34444410
There's nothing wrong with plinking, friend.

>>34444437
>destroy random objects and then leave them to rot
Unacceptable niggery.
>>
>>34444378
Take the average intelligence of the American populace, and realize half of them are dumber than that. No group is immune from this. Observation show a tendency for the dumbest people to be the loudest. My theory is that these individuals have self-esteem issues (low esteem or narcissism) with the associated dissonance in perceived skill vs actual skill. You'll probably notice these are also the types of people that put status and presentation of status highest on their priorities list vs actually being competent at things, and they also tend to be poor.
>>
>>34444470
>he doesn't ruin the environment causing massive amounts of litter this causing ranges to be shut down or start charging fees because cleaning up Cleetuss' bullshit is expensive and time consuming for the 70 year old range owner

I bet you don't even drive a huge expensive lifted diesel truck to your suburban home that you took 3 loans to pay for and get lifted so you can take it mudding once every 3 years you faggot.

Now listen to me tell loudly with my neck beard and Oakley shades, did you notice my 111% bumper sticker? I'm more American than you will ever be. Faggot.

>proceeds to miss every target at 15 yards with his AR
>>
>>34444520

This is kind of what upsets me. I actually agree with those on the left that think these people are tiny dick overcompensating, but the real problem is I get lumped in with these shits.
>>
>>34444378
Is that "The Glass Factory"? I almost never go up there anymore.
>>
>>34444470
Uh huh.

What class didn't you make it out of in USPSA? Unclassified?
>>
I grew up with "pack it in in, pack it out". That's the reason I joined a private range. Nothing like a bunch of fucktards polluting and not following the safety rules.
>>
>>34444410
Shooting trash and then leaving it to literally trash up the range.

You're a faggot, and you should seriously consider sorting yourself out.
>>
>>34444378
>LA fags.jpg
>>
>>
Find better people. Buy your own land and build a range on it. The only thing I miss is scavenging the brass other people leave behind at public ranges.
>>
People want the satisfaction of accomplishment, but set their standard for "accomplishment" incredibly low.

No one should be aiming for an end point like that, because once you reach it you'll stop striving. Improvement is a better goal because it's still satisfying, but there's always more to be had. Even the best in the world can still improve, and they'll be the first to tell you that.
>>
>>34444378
You are not alone OP.
We should have a purge. It will never happen, but it should.
>>
>>34444528
This is accurate. Those dudes are so convinced that everyone thinks they are cool, when in fact everyone thinks they are faggots.

At least, I think they are faggots.
>>
>>34444520
read this with mixed thoughts.
while agreeing with almost all of it, still felt you came of as an rich arrogant ass.
t. working man who thinks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.