[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Falklands "rematch" scenarios

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: falklands.jpg (44KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
falklands.jpg
44KB, 370x278px
The premise of this scenario is that Argentina has invaded the Falklands again, and the UK needs to recapture them, without any support from the US or other countries. Who wins?
Scenario 1: Present day, all equipment currently in the UK
Scenario 2: Whenever the limeys get their aircraft carrier to work
>>
>>34442880
The use of night vision gave a huge advantage to the Brits so it would be a whole lot different today
>>
>>34442880
1. U.K.
2. U.K.

Argentina is still a weak fuck and will stay that way until they are split or absorbed.
>>
>>34442893
Given that the British didn't have NVGs below company level, and the Argentines had them in each section and far more sophisticated (uprated AN/PVS-5), would you like to tell us how Britain had a huge advantage in that respect?
>>
>>34442904
Source: my ass

The Argentine NVGs were clearly not as prevelent or sophisticated as you say they are, as they ended up losing every single major night battle. They were never outnumbered by more than 150 men and sometimes even had the numerical advantage.

See: Wireless Ridge, Tumbledown, Mount Harriet, Goose Green and finally Stanley itself
>>
>>34442904
The brits had AN/PVS4 and 5 the argies only had AN/PVS2's and AN/TVS4 and 2.
Battle of Mount Harriet shows how supreriorly could the brits use NVE's using illumination to temporarily disable image intensifiers.
>>
File: nvg.png (133KB, 1903x998px) Image search: [Google]
nvg.png
133KB, 1903x998px
>>34442960
>>34442967
Not him, just looked at Mount Harriet on wikipedia.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fg5amio4jU

uk
>>
File: Névtelen.png (20KB, 795x191px) Image search: [Google]
Névtelen.png
20KB, 795x191px
>>34443044
>>
File: NVG.png (14KB, 762x151px) Image search: [Google]
NVG.png
14KB, 762x151px
>>34443085
I don't why he says working order tho.
>>
The Argentinians cannot physically invade the Falklands.
>>
>>34443170
For this discussion, lets assume that they somehow managed to get their hands on a Romulan cloaking device and used it to sneak a container ship into Port Stanley. Also, lets assume that the UK forces on the island is somehow trapped in a Dalek time vortex and unable to interfere
>>
>>34443096
>I don't why he says working order tho.
military equipment likes to break. when I was in the Army, we had to send a readiness report to BN twice a day stating how many of our Brads were FMC (fully mission capable) and we had to report any weapons/NVG etc that were NMC (non mission capable) in other words, just because you know your enemy is supposed to have X number of NVGs, don't assume all of those are FMC
>>
>>34442880
>be Argie
>secretly deployed naval mines around the island (by submarine, disguised merchant ship or by any means possible)
>Bong warships on patrol sank
>Argie gov "we didn't do nothing"

it's the best they can do
There won't be any offensive amphibious missions unless Argentines are dumb.
>>
>>34442880
The Argies are broke, their military under funded, and they are still playing "fuck you, we aint paying you" with their bond creditors. The UK is just a external Bogie Man for them to wave around to distract the unwashed masses. The elected Gov will never try to retake them militarily, but they will constantly pitch a fit and make threats.

Any attempt by the Argies to retake would have to be preceded by a military coup, and an aid package from either Venezuela or even Russia.

Extreme set of circumstances, WWIII breaks out and the UK strips the garrison back to a single platoon and the Argies make a move.
>>
> falklands converts to islam
> british army goes there, promptly starts peeing on itself and apologizing
> few british transgender SAS get beheaded by the muslims
> british government offers apology
> Trump remains silent about it
> Falklands builds a mosque
> Becomes a tourist destination where muslims can pray facing north
>>
>>34442880
Either

>Britain writes strongly worded letter to Argies telling them to 'Get a life, bin that knife'
>Argies Surrender

or

>Argies remember that they forgot to deal with the British garrison of ~1,200 plus 4 Typhoons and whatever ships are floating in the South Atlantic
>They sneak back out again and pretend it never happened, hoping nobody notices all the footprints
>>
Binkov covered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fg5amio4jU
>>
>1. bankrupt Argies invade
>2. all of Argentina's creditors file motions in Falklands court to have Argie equipment impounded
>3. creditors offer to hire Argie soldiers as debt collectors
>4. mass defections, bcoz worthless Argieshekels
UK wins!
>>
>>34442880

The UK with contemptious ease in both scenarios.

This isn't even worthy of being asked.
>>
I wish the uk would annexe tierra del fuego or whatever its called as payback and more shekels
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.