[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Royal Navy question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Baines, John Thomas.jpg (178KB, 1280x977px) Image search: [Google]
Baines, John Thomas.jpg
178KB, 1280x977px
If you serve in the Senior Service would you accept the return of the Lash for grievous disciplinary inflictions as well as hangings for acts of cowardice in battle and/or treason?

In exchange you get the daily rum tot back and are warranted to full prize money according to the Cruisers and Convoys Act of 1708
>>
File: Warrantchart.png (33KB, 1060x332px) Image search: [Google]
Warrantchart.png
33KB, 1060x332px
>>34442511
>>
>>34442511
Technically, we still have the death penalty for two offences:
High treason ( against the person of the sovereign and their heirs) and arson in HM Dockyards
>>
>>34443099
questions remains, would accept the lash in exchange of rum and booty
>>
>>34442511
No one captures enemy ships anymore so prize money is a dream.
>>
>>34444196
Yes, that is because there is no more prize money payed. If there was, the RN would haul in one Iranian super tanker per week.
>>
>>34444214
Privateers would do the job better.
>>
>>34443099
technically abolished, but not practically abolished, it can only be done in times of war or terrorism.

HM dockyards now includes armouries, armament factories, MOD property (including housing owned by the MOD) and other crown land.

Technically there is a third which would be desertion, defection, War crimes and Mutiny.
>>
>>34444273
>Technically there is a third which would be desertion, defection, War crimes and Mutiny.
To add, this encompasses military or martial law, as per Queens regulations and court martial, which is different from civil law.

If you get caught committing crimes on MOD property then they are well within their rights to try you under treason in a court martial
>>
File: HMS_Blanche_and_Pique.jpg (163KB, 1200x834px) Image search: [Google]
HMS_Blanche_and_Pique.jpg
163KB, 1200x834px
>get force to drink strong liquor every day
>make a comfortable living of capturing French and Spanish ships
>tfw born into wrong timeline
>>
>>34444477
There was nothing comfortable about that life.
>>
File: captainscabin_hmswarrior.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
captainscabin_hmswarrior.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
>>34444511
>nothing comfortable
say what?
>>
>>34444633
You would not be a captain, at best you may become a skilled tradesman but even then you sleep with the lice and eat weevil biscuits.
>>
File: officerbed.jpg (57KB, 1085x759px) Image search: [Google]
officerbed.jpg
57KB, 1085x759px
>>34444661
I'm pretty sure I'd try to get a officers career. Have cozy cabin all for myself and make tender love to the cute ship boy.
>>
>>34444700
All officers except the captain shared.
>>
>>34444702
He means quarters not the cabin boy, also im not sure what the punishment for homosexuality was but i know it wasn't allowed.
>>
File: runatrain?.jpg (98KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
runatrain?.jpg
98KB, 1200x872px
>>34444716
>He means quarters not the cabin boy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.