[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most powerful caliber bullet it can stop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (145KB, 470x348px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
145KB, 470x348px
What is the most powerful caliber bullet it can stop?
>>
>>34441917
Maybe a .22 if you're lucky.
>>
>>34441917
Depends on what you fire. Probably a 12 gauge of birdshot or rocksalt.
>>
>>34441917
Probably a 45.

22 and 9 would have too much velocity to stop.
>>
>>34441917
I'm going to try with a Desert Eagle for my latest Youtube stunt. I bet that will get me lots of views.
>>
>>34441931
calm down la mona lisa
>>
>>34441917
49AE
>>
>>34441917

Someone recycle the idea. Take the book, cut out the inner pages, insert ballistic plate, do the "bulletproof book" stunt and survive. Then tell that dead guy what a faggot he is and make all of the internet wonder why you survived.
>>
>>34441917
50ae once but not twice
>>
>>34442429
>Get shot by a woman who misses the book
>Die

>Get shot in the book
>The bullet trajectory is screwed up so it misses the plate or deflects off it into your body
>>
>>34441917
>>34441927
>>34441930

This was tested and it will stop a .22 and a 9mm I believe (the 9mm has a tiny bit more penetration).

However other penetration tests have shown that all of the magnums have more penetration than a 9mm. They all tend to have about the same penetration but the stronger ones can do more damage to the material they hit (.44mag+ are vest busters because of this).

I forget whether it was Demolition Ranch or Hickok45 who tested the penetration on a .500sw - it shot through 1500 pages of a Scientific Encyclopedia.

>>34442651
The book would have severely impacted the velocity of that round, but even abraham lincoln was shot by a .50 cal at a low velocity. All it takes is about 400-600fps.
>>
https://youtu.be/J-FG9ZKerGM

If the retard didn't use his paperback GED practice book he might have lived.
>>
>>34441927
>>34441930

clearly you idjits have never ever shot 22lrs into books

i tested this theory years ago with phone books

a 1" phone book will stop a 22lr
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.