[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Eric Schlosser a hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: w53.jpg (81KB, 720x574px) Image search: [Google]
w53.jpg
81KB, 720x574px
The media like to say he's a "nuclear weapons expert" but every video I've seen of him he comes off as a hack. His background is writing books on fast food and weed.

Things like claiming that if the W53 warhead on that Titan II that blew up in Arkansas had detonated it would have wiped out Arkansas (demonstrably false), and claiming the Goldsboro nuclear bomb was on step away from detonation (Maggelet and Oskins quite firmly refuted that).

So, typical leftie anti-nuclear hack?
>>
File: smiley nuke.jpg (72KB, 325x355px) Image search: [Google]
smiley nuke.jpg
72KB, 325x355px
Well it's tough to say. Is Herman Kahn a fraud then, since there's a fair bit of overlap between Dr. Kahn's "On Thermonuclear War" and Mr. Schlosser's work "Command and Control"? To say that Mr. Schlosser is a fraud may be disingenuous, so much to say that while enthusiastic, he's a little under-educated on the subject that he's describing in his works.

Tough to say senpai.
>>
I'm about halfway through command and control right now. There's plenty of fear mongering with his interpretation of the 1950s though it's probably warranted.

His writing style is frustrating. He introduces way too many people and it detracts from the main story.
>>
>>34442059
What are your thoughts on Dr. Kahn's "On Thermonuclear War"?
>>
>>34442009
Just because there's overlap doesn't mean they're the same. Think vegetarians and Hitler.
>>
File: pepe atomic nuclear gif.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
pepe atomic nuclear gif.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>34442187
Fair enough, I've read Kahn's work 4 times, and I haven't had the chance to see Schlosser's work.
>>
>>34442117
Any idea what this is from?
>>
daily reminder that nukes don't exist
>>
What this thread really needs is Oppen.
>>
>>34442803
Shhh he's already watching more than likely. He's become the ghost that stalks nuke threads, correcting the retards and rewarding the just. I love the guy but I think it's cute that he still does Posts in the same format as before and thinks we can't tell it's him.

All the threads end the same way, pic related
>>
>>34443189
Fuck forget to edit the 3rd panel. Made it on the fly someone else fix it
>>
Whatever I got it
>>
He straight up lies about the "dead hand" in his book, so yeah he's a hack.
>>
Anymore pics of the Arkansas incident? I remember it. That's the first pic I've seen.
>>
File: 74598-R1-70-70.jpg (41KB, 800x456px) Image search: [Google]
74598-R1-70-70.jpg
41KB, 800x456px
>>34443260
Images came from here: http://wildwerks.com/images/Warren_Wild_Slides/Warren_Wild_Slides.htm
>>
File: 74598-R1-73-73.jpg (47KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
74598-R1-73-73.jpg
47KB, 800x540px
>>34443291
>>
File: 74598-R1-74-74.jpg (32KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
74598-R1-74-74.jpg
32KB, 800x521px
>>34443296
>>
>>34443308
I wonder if the person who took these photos realised they're standing only feet away from a nuclear warhead.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.