[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is wadcutters being good for defensive use fuddlore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Is wadcutters being good for defensive use fuddlore?
>>
>>34440948
Not If you're a wad
>>
>>34440948
It's fudlore. They're made to punch holes in paper. No expansion and very light loads.

If you took a full wadcutter and loaded it hot, then you might have a somewhat decent penetrator round, but why not just use Underwood or Lehigh stuff at that point.
>>
>>34440948

not if they're SAAMI max, and an appropriate weight bullet.
>>
>>34440982
That's only the flat nosed stuff, right?
What if I modified a mold to make dum-dum style ones (basically a wax cutter with a big dip in the center)?

Would there be any advantage to that over a traditional hollow point projectile?
>>
>>34440948
They may be ok but try to shoot real bullets like a big boy.
>>
>>34440948
Wadcutters aren't fudlore like that fud that responded to you thinks.

Here's simple logic and reasoning why they're good.

FMJ rounds stretch a wound around them, but due to human elasticity obviously the permanent wound channel ends up being pretty thin.

With HPs the petals and rugged expansion create a bigger wound channel than FMJ by cutting through more tissue.

Problem is, with smaller rounds like .38 special which usually go in a sub 2 inch barrel snub, the HPs don't get enough speed to expand and basically act like a FMJ.

And if they DO expand, they underpenetrate by quite a lot.

With wadcutters in .38 special, not only will you get great penetration, but you don't have to rely on expansion to create a bigger wound channel since the shape of the wacutter punches a jagged whole in human tissue more than it just penetrates and pushes aside.

Would I want wadcutters for a 9mm Glock 19? Fuck no. Not only would they not feed properly in a semi, but 9mm reliably expands from a full size or compact handgun, so there's no need for wadcutters.

In a pocket snub. They're a legitimate choice.
>>
>>34441312
What about a 39-2 with BB wadcutters
>>
>>34441312
There are some spicy 38 +P loads from Buffalo Bore and Underwood that get enough velocity for good expansion even from lightweight snubs.

But the recoil is beyond belief. That's the kind of ammo that would scare away someone from practicing with a snub.
>>
>>34441397

Agreed. I bought some and carried them for months. I routinely shoot my carry ammo and buy fresh ones every three months and shoot the old ones.

I had the hottest .38 special +P BB had to offer. I shot it out of my scandium frame snub nose and I didn't like it one bit I tell you h'what

>>34441326

No because you're asking for a malfunction with wadcutters in a semi, revolvers on the other hand don't "feed" per say, so the shape of the bullet doesn't matter.
>>
>>34440952
Waddya know?
>>
They will kill you.
>>
>>34441312
That's why you use SWCs for.self defense. All the advantage of wadcutters but with reliable feeding.
Hollowpoints are the blue pill of self defense.
>>
>>34440948
Better than FMJs or LRN, but that's about it.
>>
>>34442948
>revolver
>feeding issues
>>
File: it fucking kills you.jpg (14KB, 686x216px) Image search: [Google]
it fucking kills you.jpg
14KB, 686x216px
>>34440948
>>34440982
>>34441178
>>34441312
>>34442836

Wadcutters also cause supercavitation and it creates a bigger wound channel. And it blows a huge hole out the back of someone.

Someone killed a grizzly not too long ago with a 9mm wadcutter.

They are inherently inaccurate but at 15-30yd it doesn't matter.
>>
>>34443054
Wadcutters typically travel slow (being fired from a pistol) so there's very little temporary cavity.

Wadcutter are typically found on a target range. They are accurate.

Where wadcutters shine is that they cut through tissue, rather than forcing it aside like ball or LRN ammo. The shoulder of the bullet is where the real work is happening.
>>
>>34443166
we're talking about rolling your own over SAAMI max charges.
>>
>>34443247
uh-huh. And what velocity are thinking we're going to push them?

Notice that most guys who hunt stuff with a pistol chose a keith-style semi-wadcutter.
>>
>>34443054
>slow boolit
>temporal cavity
what did he mean by this
>>
>Wadcutters
Not using Wadcutters 2.0
>>
>>34443054
W O U N D V E C T O R S
>>
>>34442948
I can't find any SWC for .38 that aren't LSWCHP
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.