[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ADVANTAGES does a handgun grip with finger grooves offer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 714281.jpg (161KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
714281.jpg
161KB, 880x660px
What ADVANTAGES does a handgun grip with finger grooves offer?
>>
ribbed for pleasure
>>
>>34440772
They create more force pulling the muzzle down under recoil. They also help index the gun and help establish a consistent grip IMO
>>
>>34440772
It allows you to sell the exact same gun to people when you remove the grooves everyone hates.
>>
>>34440799
>They create more force pulling the muzzle down under recoil.
I'm not sure I follow how this would happen.

>They also help index the gun and help establish a consistent grip IMO
Makes sense.
>>
>>34440772
Epic indexing, control, and grip when you have average sized hands and the gun is made with the average in mind. As such, I quite enjoy them on Glocks.

If you have gigantic hands with squash fingers, they are supposedly irritating. If you have baby hands they supposedly spread your fingers out too much.
>>
>>34440772
They make manlets feel "normal" due to the euro grip pattern
>>
>>34440834
My hands are just a bit on the small side of medium. Glocks fit me just fine, but HK finger grooves are only OK - they always force my pinky either on the ridge or too low separated from the others. Finger grooves on S&W revolvers do not fit me at all, though. Those are really meant for people with meaty fingers ONLY.
>>
File: P30 feels.png (475KB, 691x801px) Image search: [Google]
P30 feels.png
475KB, 691x801px
>tfw the finger grooves fit your hand perfectly
>>
>>34440888
>I have a small wang: the post
>>
>>34440824
The muzzle goes upward under recoil which presses each "rib" in-between the grooves into the bottom of your middle, ring, and maybe also pinky finger (depending on the size of your grip.) Without finger grooves that energy is all transferred to the web of your thumb/index finger which gives the front end of the gun more leverage. Not a huge difference but noticeable, especially shooting one-handed
>>
>>34440898
>>34440851
Why are people on /k/ so insecure and why do you constantly project?
>>
>>34440810
This, basically. Supposedly the rib grooves were issued to prevent the gun from slipping out of officers hands, but also glock hasn't done anthing meaningfully new since the gun was introduced.
>>
>>34440834
XL glove size but no sausage fingers here

I've shot maybe one gun with grooved grip that wasn't uncomfortable, and that was a GP100 with aftermarket Hogue grips on it.

Returning else ever (including Hogue stuff on other guns) is uncomfortable
>>
>>34440774
/Thread
>>
They trigger chunky monkeys on/k/
>>
>mfw my Makarov has no finger grooves yet has one of the best grips I've ever held
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>34440924
makes sense now
>>
>>34440978
Dickgrips best grips
>>
>>34440949
In my experience using gloves from a fastenall vending machine with gloves intended for men and women. XL and L gloves are essentially split the average for the adult male. 2XL are definitely large, 3XL are fucking Shrek hands. L is low average, M is small, and S is teeny tiny. Of course, this is for guys. For girls the sizes are more accurate in their names.
>>
>>34440810
>the grooves everyone hates
Only if you have sausage fingers, fatty.
>>
>>34440978

It's because those are dick grips.
>>
>>34440898
I'm packing 8+ and glocks fit my hands primo
>>
>>34440834
It's no wonder everyone on /k/ complains about them then.
Everyone here is either a hambeast or a manlet faggot.
>>
>>34440774
this.
>put hand on gun
>feels sexy
>boner.exe
>>
How much do you even notice the finger grooves on a glock? It doesn't look as bad as the A2-style AR-15 grips that every cheap carbine ships with.
>>
>>34440926
they're pretending to own firearms, usually
>>
>>34440774
fpbp

come here to post it
>>
>>34440978
almost like holding real thing
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.