[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme bullets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
What do you guys think about copper bullets for carry. They look nasty in gel but I read that's bullshit. I'm asking because I have a bunch of federal HST and about half the tests I watch they get plugged up and don't expand. If they aren't gonna expand anyways should I go with a bullet designed to not expand. Or should I go really big and heavy and get some hard casts.
>>
>>34439677
i have those loaded in my lcp, i'll tell you how they work in a self defense situation if one ever occurs.
>>
Leigh defense extreme penetrator looks promising in gel tests, but I think for 9mm it is unnecessary. I would only use a high penetration round for .380 and lower.

Pic related, my carry gun which I load with Leigh defense extreme penetrator.
>>
>>34439677
If you want a traditional hollowpoint but better, get some Civil Defense ammo. If you want something that can punch through fifteen melanine enriched individuals try the Underwood/Lehigh shit.
>>
>>34439677
>>34439716
For .380 which doesn't have enough energy to both reliably expand and reliably penetrate at the same time, those bullets are the absolute best compromise.

For 9mm I prefer Gold Dot or PDX or HST. Remember, through hard barriers, you don't necessarily want expansion. A bullet that reacts one way through a barrier a different way through flesh is probably ideal.
>>
>>34439769
>19-21" penetration
That's more like 3/4 of one overweight southerner. I'm not sure why people thing this is overpenetration, unless they're still referring to that one idiot's videos.
>>
>>34439769
These don't seem like hollowpoints, they seem like modified semi wadcutters. quarter wadcutters.I was thinking of getting the two different types lehigh makes but the 2 calibers I wanted were out of stock last few times I checked a couple months ago. Plus I saw that 10mm gun video that exploded from an undersized one.....
>>
>>34439814
Probably a Glock.
>>
>>34439677

Just use FMJ or flat nose.
Hollow points are a shitty meme from the 1800's that refuses to die.
>>
>>34439866
What is the point of shitposting on one of the slowest subreddits on 4chan?
>>
>>34439849
I'm not sure I'm pretty sure it was a polymer lower and he didn't seem as badly hurt as a 357 rhino revolver explosion, but I really feel like I don't have enough reloading experience especially if it's on a less common caliber that they don't have stocked to mess around with it.
>>
>>34439677
where can I get purple parallels?
>>
>>34439766
using federal hst and/or hornady custom xtp on my carry bodyguard atm. penetration should be fine from what I've seen
>>
File: 1485835325205.png (23KB, 200x401px) Image search: [Google]
1485835325205.png
23KB, 200x401px
>>34440364
>>
>>34439677
Hard cast bullets are a joke, you only need hardened lead at about 3,000 feet per second or greater. Don't use lead bullets unless you're reloading.
>>
File: 004.gif (2MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
004.gif
2MB, 300x223px
>>34441208
>hornady custom xtp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whURQiqm8aQ
>>
>>34439784
Penetration is a weird subject. The FBI standard assumes you're shooting through arms and gel tests don't account for bones. Nobody really knows how much penetration is needed and what's too much.
>>
>>34441563
Don't be a cunt, hollowpoints have enough tissue destruction that the argument of penetration should be left to gentlemen.
>>
Hornady XTP bullets are a meme now that bonded JHPs exist

Hollow points are a meme in calibers like .380 and 9x18
>>
>>34441563
More penetration is better, the vast majority of a pistols lethality comes from blood loss, if you can poke a hole straight through someone it's better than through half of them. If you didn't hit something vital with FMJ you probably wouldn't have hit it with JHP either.
>>
File: ExitHole.jpg (58KB, 535x598px) Image search: [Google]
ExitHole.jpg
58KB, 535x598px
>>34441563
>Penetration is a weird subject.
I don't mind over penetration as long as it's taking half his lung through his back.
>>
>>34439814
>>34439849
>>34440439
It was a Glock 20 but iirc the kaboom was because of a double charged round from Underwood. Underwood ended up paying for the damages
>>
>>34441607

fuck you

hollowpoints are gay, XTP's are GOAT. penetration and retention is king.
>>
>>34441662

>10mm
nice meme round, get a 9mm fag

T. every tryhard fag with a glock. No wonder they need 33 round mags.
>>
>>34441709
>nice meme round
Since when has 10mm ever been a Meme round?

I fucking wish summer was over already.
>>
>>34441709
There is a reason people don't hunt with 9mm. Yes I can put more rounds on target faster with a 9 but while all these thugs can take multiple hits with 9s and live, find me a deer that ever made it through 2 rounds of 10mm
>>
>>34442161
>Since when has 10mm ever been a Meme round?
Since chad bought a 45 and realized it didn't anymore stopping power than his girlfriends 9mm
>>
>>34441245
Yea my wife's PK380 is all Hornady Custom XTP. Bodyguard has one clip of this plus a clip of Federal HST. Same stats on the 380 auto ammo from Hornady as the 9mm in the vidya except it's a 90gr not 95gr.
>>
>>34441709
33 round mags were made for the G18.
>>
>>34441607
Are there really people like you around wearing fedoras and criticizing ammunition choices?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.